Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58441 Members - Latest Member: Amit Kumar

May 02, 2024, 10:36:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904485 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: November 03, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »

alternatively post your unformed thoughts here, then return to them when you have fully completed the game
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: November 03, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »

ok

So I basically need endings ABCDE right?

At first I was a little disappointed thinking that B was just a replay with 9S but then I started hacking enemies. Once I hacked the opera singer and started to see those cut scenes and I started to see what was going on I really started getting hooked. I'm really looking forward to finding out what was going on in 9S's head throughout the first run that he wasn't telling me about. Dammit I can't wait to finish work for the day so I can play some more.

The whole hacking minigame stuff is really cool too. I love the quick transition and the music decimation effect when hacking.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: November 03, 2017, 03:07:37 PM »

You'll probably appreciate the thought that went into the music implementation https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/9581

They're so good at tying audio in to their games, transformers devastation was great at that too
MrPhil
Level 0

Mr. Phil Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8923 on: November 04, 2017, 08:45:14 AM »

Prey and so far I've found the combat and controls clunky.  I have a few sweet moments of alternative fighting via traps etc but I'm finding stealth not that useful so far.

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8924 on: November 06, 2017, 12:56:35 AM »

Prey and so far I've found the combat and controls clunky.  I have a few sweet moments of alternative fighting via traps etc but I'm finding stealth not that useful so far.

Yes, clunky controls on console due to 30fps and more lag, Digital Foundry point that on PC 60 fps solved that, probably developer tuned the game mostly on 60fps. Stealth is very useful, just wait the more bigger and powerful monsters, plus not having enough ammo on your backpack.

Games:

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8925 on: November 06, 2017, 01:02:21 AM »

when i played the demo, enemy atack animatons were unclear and punishing. Glue gun is cool idea but it also was unclear with exactly how long it paralises enemies. I dont think 60 fps matter that much.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:32:19 AM by Cobralad » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: November 06, 2017, 02:25:15 AM »

You'll probably appreciate the thought that went into the music implementation https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/9581

They're so good at tying audio in to their games, transformers devastation was great at that too

That is so cool
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: November 06, 2017, 09:39:21 AM »

Damn, that's done so well. I thought when I first got to the hacking stuff it might get repetitive but I still love it like the first time I saw it.

I'm getting pretty close to beating B now. After that it gets faster right?

pulse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: November 06, 2017, 11:11:14 AM »

Fallout 4. Decent FPS
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: November 06, 2017, 06:11:58 PM »

Playing Elex. Not quite on the same level as Gothic 1 and 2, but much better than any of the Risen games. Enjoying the Gamma World-ish sci-fantasy setting.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: November 13, 2017, 04:08:08 PM »

New version of Death Wish so I'm going through that again. DW is a good a reason as any to hit up GOG and buy Blood because it's one of the best single player map packs for any game, it's easily commercial quality and utterly fantastic all the way through with loads of cool ideas. Think of it as a proper sequel to Blood and forget that the official one exists, you'll sleep better. It also presented me with a good reason to update to the latest version of BloodGDX since there's been a few versions released since the last time I ran with it.
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: November 13, 2017, 07:02:57 PM »

I just completed Mu Cartographer. I really love how it drops you into it with absolutely no explanation or instructions. The controls are impenetrable at first, but half the game is discovering how they work. A fun little 3-hour game. Reminded me a bit of Starseed Pilgrim.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8932 on: November 15, 2017, 12:42:50 AM »

New version of Death Wish so I'm going through that again. DW is a good a reason as any to hit up GOG and buy Blood because it's one of the best single player map packs for any game, it's easily commercial quality and utterly fantastic all the way through with loads of cool ideas. Think of it as a proper sequel to Blood and forget that the official one exists, you'll sleep better. It also presented me with a good reason to update to the latest version of BloodGDX since there's been a few versions released since the last time I ran with it.

Cool that retro gaming still lives! Do I need an emulator to play with it?

Games:

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: November 15, 2017, 01:18:05 AM »

Sorta/not. You could go the DOSBox (emulator) route or you can go the BloodGDX (not an emulator) route which I recommend since it's easier (you can load the maps in-game instead of at a command line, just make sure to load the *.ini instead of the maps separately) and cleaner (you can put DW in its own folder and not have all those files cluttering up your Blood directory) even though it's not feature complete yet and still has some visual glitches but those don't impact a whole lot on the experience. Plus you won't have to curse the shitty fake mouselook of the Build engine as you fight to hit super annoying gargoyles flying above your head and even more annoying spiders biting at your ankles.
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8934 on: November 16, 2017, 12:47:22 AM »

Sorta/not. You could go the DOSBox (emulator) route or you can go the BloodGDX (not an emulator) route which I recommend since it's easier (you can load the maps in-game instead of at a command line, just make sure to load the *.ini instead of the maps separately) and cleaner (you can put DW in its own folder and not have all those files cluttering up your Blood directory) even though it's not feature complete yet and still has some visual glitches but those don't impact a whole lot on the experience. Plus you won't have to curse the shitty fake mouselook of the Build engine as you fight to hit super annoying gargoyles flying above your head and even more annoying spiders biting at your ankles.

Cool! When I have time I will take a look, thanks!  Wink

Games:

mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: November 16, 2017, 01:10:54 AM »

I'm playing DOOM on the switch.
It's good.

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8936 on: November 20, 2017, 05:52:58 AM »

Playing Baldur's Gate because a friend was playing it recently. I played Planescape: Torment a while ago, so it's not too daunting, but it's still very different to modern RPGs. Like I can't just sell all my loot in one go, I need to choose the character who has stuff to sell, and quests don't point you straight at the objective, you have to find where the quest giver was talking about sometimes.

oliviakane1997
Level 0

don't be shy cause you only have one life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8937 on: November 20, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »

I don't usually play game but to understand the way people approach it I'm now playing  The world war ships, this is it do your guys know??

Cheers!

Olie
oliviakane1997
Level 0

don't be shy cause you only have one life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8938 on: November 20, 2017, 07:36:56 PM »

Cheers!

Olie
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8939 on: November 21, 2017, 12:54:39 AM »

Playing Baldur's Gate because a friend was playing it recently. I played Planescape: Torment a while ago, so it's not too daunting, but it's still very different to modern RPGs. Like I can't just sell all my loot in one go, I need to choose the character who has stuff to sell, and quests don't point you straight at the objective, you have to find where the quest giver was talking about sometimes.

Fans suggest to play directly to the 2nd, because the first was good, but not great like the sequel, and for the story you can just read the plot on the wiki. If you like the genres, I suggest to you Pillars of Eternity and Divinity: Original Sin II, they are old-school RPGs.

Games:

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic