Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411710 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 10:14:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesBoxed Indie Games?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Boxed Indie Games?  (Read 10661 times)
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »

See, Im the opposite, I hate having to Juggle around my physical Media [...]
Well, yeah, this I also agree with. We're in a funny transitional stage in terms of media! I'm grateful for services like Steam (though less so because I mostly use Mac), and I sometimes email EXEs to my gmail of small pieces of software that I own.  I really like Lexaloffle's system where you can enter your email on the site at any point and they'll email you up to date download links.

But yeah, collectable tat is still desirable.

twitter: @docky
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »

...but yeah, packaged games are cool, especially if you want to give them as gifts. 

That, I can see. But I suspect that most people are ultimately interested in the game, not the packaging that surrounds it. Wink

Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »

So, how often do you find yourself actually using the disk? Do you just install it once and leave it until next time your build a PC, or are the games designed to run from the disk? (which is probably a bad idea!)

Usually, never. I try to avoid using the discs. But actually my thing with boxed games is mostly a collectors thing. I've bought games that I've never played, just 'cause I could and I thought it'd be good to have them. I'm going to buy some game at some point, that doesn't comes in a box. The thing is that I get the feeling that I ain't getting much for my money, for as I said, having the physical game means a lot to me.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic