Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411709 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 04:33:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesLudum Dare 13
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Ludum Dare 13  (Read 13658 times)
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2008, 12:12:11 PM »

That's looking good police.
PDF
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2008, 12:31:28 PM »

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2008/12/07/lost-roads-finished/

I am finished. I worked nearly all day on that, so early submission is normal. May patch and polish a bit more, but I am exhausted...

I don't know if I am missing something somehow but I can't seem to fire my gun when in the wilderness. Also not that big of a deal but the quit button doesn't work on the menu screen.
Not being able to shoot is weird. Are you sure you use mouse and left click to aim and shoot? Also, you are right, Q is not working. I will fix that.

Hmm, I was under the impression that the controls were keyboard based due to the fact that to build roads and such was. It seems kind of awkward to switch between using the keyboard and using the mouse. I would suggest that you add some kind of instrcutions option to the menu so that the player knows what the point of the game and the controls are.

Yeah, controls are stated in the Readme, tutorial text and the readme is shown when you press F1 in the game too. I figured that nobody would look for controls when they are into the game. Tutorial text also teaches you what you have to learn. I guess I had to have a better "THERE! DO THIS! DO THAT!" one. If I wanted to work on the game more, that would be the first thing to fix. Yet I know that no more than 5-6 people will download and play the game (and not even one of them would finish it), so I thought it would be a waste of time to spend time to create a good learning curve.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »

... Is it some kind of tradition to post food pictures? Huh?

PDF
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »

... Is it some kind of tradition to post food pictures? Huh?
It is a voting criteria, I believe.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2008, 04:09:16 PM »

I am so done!
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3870.0
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2008, 04:17:47 PM »

Excellent! Can't wait to play that tomorrow morning! Beer!

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »

Ludum Dare 13 - December 5th, 2008
Ludum Dare 13 Countdown - 0 days 3 hours 15 minutes left

Time is getting close.  Hope everyone will have time to finish.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
increpare
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »

done!  just uploading it now...a mixture of  Tired and sort of slight giddy happiness that it turned out okay.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2008, 07:57:05 PM »

I'm sorta done too. Well, half done anyway. I want to finish it next week - I think it's a cool enough concept to be worth doing properly Smiley

increpare
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2008, 07:59:20 PM »

I'm sorta done too. Well, half done anyway. I want to finish it next week - I think it's a cool enough concept to be worth doing properly Smiley
I concur.
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2008, 08:01:18 PM »

Well, it is over...

Is Emergency Bypass done? (I'm really looking forward to trying it)

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2008, 08:18:47 PM »

I think he's released a demo Smiley

...yep, here it is

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2008, 08:21:01 PM »

The link for the browser version is broken Angry  I can't use my PC now, I guess I'll have to wait till Monday evening.

-Albert Einstein
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2008, 09:44:02 PM »

I enjoyed Emergency bypass, I don't know if there was a goal, but it was fun as hell paving, frikkin' everything!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2008, 01:33:28 AM »

It was pretty epic Tired but I made it! http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/author/mrpiglet/

It was all very enjoyably actually, will have to do it again some time.  I was also massively impressed by the amount of people doing seriously cool things despite the tight timelimit, it was all very inspiring.

Good stuff!

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2008, 01:34:53 AM »

I crashed and burned with my entry, unfortunately.  ;_;

Nevertheless, I think I have the makings of a good game in there, and I'm going to chip away at it and try to get it out before the end of the year.  I really enjoyed the contest and I felt as though I learned a lot. I hope I can get the point in the future where I can make quick games... I think I need to aim lower, for starters!

Well done to everyone who competed, whether or not you finished on time. The atmosphere was fantastic and I would definitely consider doing it again.

twitter: @docky
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2008, 03:10:07 PM »

I posted up a timelapse video of my development!

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »

Awesome Smiley You managed to keep focused on the project pretty well, from the looks of things!

If I did one of those there'd probably be a whole lot of frames of watching tv shows/playing other games every couple of seconds Tongue

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2008, 03:43:58 PM »

Haha, well I knew I was up against it, especially when I was running into so many bugs. I didn't download any games during the contest at all. Focusing on it for just a couple of days isn't so bad! XD

I do find it surprising when people stop to watch movies during the contest.

increpare
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2008, 03:45:40 PM »

I didn't spent too much time doing computer stuff on saturday: I recall lazing about a lot, catching up on grading.  Sunday was a little more focused, though...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic