Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 03:47:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallStarhall Redthel [Freeware]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Starhall Redthel [Freeware]  (Read 448 times)
Pteriforever
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2013, 06:09:22 PM »

Download: http://www.forgottenplanet.com/caillan/StarhallRedthel.zip

So yay, I've finally finished it :D

We have now already come to the dull paragraphs in which I explain my inspirations and intentions and stuff. Firstly, I wanted to forcibly defenestrate everything that made Abmneshi a total mess from my initial plans. So, you can look forward to no awkwardly varying pixellation, no offputting overworld screen, and no randomised-to-a-stupid-degree patterns Smiley One thing which definitely carried over though was the use of two separate mechanics in place of a conventional bomb system, although in a greatly altered form.

The scoring system is based mostly on not using your special attack and collecting a static variety of pointitems which are often in hard to reach spots, adding a risk vs reward mechanism. The scoring system is not intertwined with extra lives at all, as scoring and survival play should not work towards the same goal. The number of extra lives is probably excessive, but this is only because I got frustrated to an insane degree over XOP Black Ultra's stinginess with them, so blame Christopher Emirzian and not me.

As for the game's theme, I basically started with the very unoriginal idea of basing stages off of the four classical elements, and it kind of grew from there.

So yeah. I'm fairly sure I had more to say, but I can't think of anything right now. Have fun everypony ^.^
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic