Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411629 Posts in 69392 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 12:13:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1959592 times)
Pixel Pincher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: June 28, 2015, 05:47:29 AM »

Hello everybody,

I am Daniel from Hamburg, Germany. I started developing games about 18 years ago, starting with Turbo Pascal. I started to learn PHP because my first very simple soccer manager browsergame soon became too much work as it was played by sending me an email and me changing the plain html pages accordingly.
My most popular game so far is Onlinetennis.net a management browsergame in which you enter the role of a professional tennis player. In the meantime I worked 5 years for a big browsergames company.

After being in read-only mode in the indie community for years I thought it's now time to actually sign up.
Dani
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: June 28, 2015, 09:35:17 AM »

Hi, my name is Dani Zsoldos. I'm a game artist from Hungary. Our company called Red Dwarf Games and we have two games.
First one is The Old Tree.
It's a short point and click puzzle game and it's free.
The second one is still in WIP, but we have a public beta demo on Steam.
It's called Tales of Cosmos.
Shuterman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: June 29, 2015, 02:21:10 AM »

:gomez:Hello everyone, I am Shuterman a pasionated anime guy and gamer  Durr...?

I love ninjago games.
SpaceGoat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: June 29, 2015, 06:01:29 AM »

Hi I'm Andrew,

New to this gamemaking stuff but slowly getting to grips with code and GMS...

Making a Medieval RPG all isometric and that goodness, I'm Roto scoping the fighting at the moment as I type, I know how to use a sword and remember the beauty of the original Prince of Persia on my Megadrive or was it the Master system, I cant remember...so why not give it a try?
hypersnow_dev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: June 30, 2015, 11:58:48 PM »

Hi, I'm the developer and sole member of Hypersnow Games.

I'm currently working on a 2D combat-focused platformer called Dreamsword.
The game's main points are simple: fast action, solid platforming, a variety of enemies, and fun bosses. You can switch between two modes: sword and shot, and switching between these often will reward you.
You can follow the devlog here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=47291.0

Twitter +
Tumblr
if you want to follow
witchmaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8725 on: July 02, 2015, 04:12:55 AM »

Hello everybody!

I'm the sole programmer of GamePhase. I have been into gaming since the 80s (Commodore 64) and we are now making a Fantasy platformer / rpg game called "Thy Sword". We are heavily influenced by games of the 80s and we are also making the soundtrack (at least part of it) on the Commodore 64. You can follow our devlog here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48380.0.

- Mick

Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away
wongcito
Level 0

Chronobot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8726 on: July 06, 2015, 09:29:44 PM »

Hi guys!

I'm Luis. I'm from Peru and I'm currently pursuing a Master's at the National School of Games in France (ENJMIN). Before I organized the local Global Game Jam event in Lima, Peru for 4 years and also founded and ran the local IGDA chapter in my country. I have been really involved in supporting the Latin game industry for the past few years.

I entered the game industry as a journalist, writing at a videogames blog of a journal in Peru which I still maintain. I was also the chief editor at the Latin version of GamePro and I've been writing some articles at Kill Screen and a couple of feature stories on Latin developers at Polygon.

In the past few months I've been working on three games: an artgame, a self-cooperative local multiplayer game and a minimalistic game for PS Vita. I hope I can share with you more about them in the following weeks!

If you need anything, don't hesitate on sending me a PM or following me on Twitter (@wongcito).
Jameswebrown
« Reply #8727 on: July 07, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »

Hello people of the TigSource community!

My name is James and I'm looking for a place to bounce ideas around, to give and receive feedback and hopefully improve my development skills.

I started my gaming life playing Mortal Kombat, Batman Returns and GTA on a snes at the age of about 6, and haven't stopped playing games since. When I was a little older I moved on to PC games such as Alien Vs Predator, Soldier of Fortune and Half Life, but still loved to delve into old classics like Monkey Island (I have to say the remakes of one and two are brilliant!)

However my taste in games changed somewhat when I played Silent Hill 2 for the first time. I felt this incredible rush of fear and adrenaline, more so than playing any action game (until I got hooked on Call Of Duty in my teens but let's not go there). From then on I loved a good scare be in from a game of a film. This is something that I feel most games these days lack, however the arrival of a few titles like Alien Isolation and Outlast gave me hope for the future of horror gaming.

What I want to do is contribute to that future. It's been a while since I've done any coding, but learning game maker logic felt fresh and easy as I used to make flash games in my spare time. I'm currently working on a survival horror for which I'll begin writing a devLog for soon.

I am an illustrator working in London, and I make all the artwork for my games myself using traditional mediums (paint, ink etc.) I'd also be interested in making artwork for other peoples games, so pm me if you'd like and we can talk.

I hope to make some friends here, as I don't have that many who are interested in game development, and I rarely meet experienced developers in real life.

-James
bassp
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8728 on: July 07, 2015, 04:27:37 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Jarryd. I've been interested in game development since I was small, I experimented on and off. When I started studying Computer Science I college I got back into game development. I quickly got plugged into the small game development community in my city.

Fast forward 7 years. I'm one of the organizers to my city's local game dev meetup(2nd largest in the state) where I've taught classes and workshops, I attended GDC 2015 and I'm working on a mobile game and a WiiU game.

Glad to join and excited to get plugged in here! Smiley
woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: July 07, 2015, 11:15:14 PM »

@jameswebrown
GTA on a snes?

balanegra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8730 on: July 08, 2015, 03:08:57 AM »

Hi everyone!

We are a group of 3 spanish people who love videogames, both playing and making them! This group is formed by Carlos Rubio (artist), Alfonso del Pozo (musician) and me, Iván Cordero (programmer), and we are developing our first non-jam game as a group. Expect having some news about it soon!

We met in a small jam in Madrid. There we made a small arcade game, but we wanted to do something bigger.

Thanks!
The MegaMagic Dude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8731 on: July 08, 2015, 03:14:33 AM »

Hi, people!

I am one and many. As an individual, I'm Julián Quijano, from BeautiFun Games. But probably all our team we will speak from here. We're a small indie studio from Spain. Our first game was Nihilumbra (http://www.nihilumbra.com/). It has been awarded by Apple as a hidden gem and it has been ported to iOS, Android, PC (Steam), PSvita and WiiU.

We're basically a bunch of people working on games we'd love to play. Our current project is Megamagic (www.megamagicgame.com). I guess we will throw a DevLog soon to share the project. It has a lot of love and effort inside. As almost any indie game! (:

btw, I really like this little tiger  Tiger

We're glad now we're part of this huge and awesome community. Hi everyone! (:

Visit our devlog!

PixelDensity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: July 08, 2015, 03:47:22 AM »

Hello!

The names Nathan, and I am a UK based freelance 3D artist and designer. I am currently working on a few projects, including Gombies by Greenlight Games, and an unnamed andriod game I will probably make a dev blog for in the near future.

I am primarly a environment artist, and currently while doing all the projects I have on my plate at the moment trying to update my portfolio, as its a bit outdated. I am available for hire work, and a PM to me will always get a reply.

I look forward to involving myself in this community!

3D Artist.
Bravo81
Level 0

Founder - Greenlight Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8733 on: July 08, 2015, 05:47:00 AM »

Hello!

I'm Dean, the Founder of Greenlight Games Ltd.
An Indie Studio formed by Students & Graduates!

We're currently working on two projects 'GOMBIES' & 'Tanked'.
You can check us out here:
www.greenlightgames.co.uk
www.gombies.co.uk

You can find images of the team on the About Us page!

Founder - Greenlight Games

http://www.greenlightgames.co.uk
highfalutin
Level 0

Highfalutin Software

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8734 on: July 08, 2015, 08:45:36 AM »

Hi,

My name is Jason, and I'm the owner/lead designer/intern/janitor/everything else of Highfalutin Software. I've been developing mobile apps & games, primarily for clients, for a few years now but I'm preparing to release my first independently-created game later this year, called Chiral (www.chiralgame.com). Joining this forum is an effort to get more integrated into the indie game dev community, something I've been pretty crap at thus far. Looking forward to seeing what you all are up to!

Cheers,
Jason
stomm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: July 08, 2015, 07:39:51 PM »

Hello TIG forum.

I'm a developer in Melbourne, Australia. Currently working on a project that I will be posting a devlog for soon. If you enjoyed scorched earth, missile command, or anything that involves blowing up the whole world then you might be interested.
Exzachtly
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: July 08, 2015, 09:32:03 PM »

hello

I'm Zach, a recent college grad but long term lurker on various game development forums and communities for years. I have interests in pixel art (although i can't say i'm at a level to share any), vr, social games, and deep story telling along with a large variety of other aspects of development. Hopefully i will have something to show in the future but for now i will get back to lurking.

Gentleman
JonDadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8737 on: July 09, 2015, 12:56:22 AM »

Hi,

I'm Jon. By day I'm a 9-5 games industry design type but in my spare time I'm a massive VR nerd and indie dev. I've just released my first indie game 'Stage Presence' (http://seagreengames.itch.io/stage-presence) which is has received bit of press attention which is pretty cool to see!

Jonathan_Klang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: July 09, 2015, 07:21:54 AM »

Hey Yo!

My name is Jonathan, I'm a Brit, living in Berlin, working at Klang Games, an Indie Dev originally from Iceland. I'm the communications guy. I do marketing and stuff like that. But, I love games. I wish I was a developer, though  Cry

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Communications guy at Klang Games, an Indie studio based in Berlin.
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8739 on: July 09, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »

Hello everyone! I'm Nathaniel Nelson, a high school student in Salt Lake City, Utah. I started making games when I discovered XNA about 3 years ago, and it's remained one of my favorite hobbies ever since. I think I want to make my own games for a living, although I've become increasingly aware how difficult it is to make a living as an indie. So who knows? I'll probably figure that all out after college.

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic