Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 02:19:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)My first Concept Art piece. Feedback appreciated
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My first Concept Art piece. Feedback appreciated  (Read 1103 times)
worldalpha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:33:39 PM »

Well, I decided my game finally need to have some artwork to go along with it.  So, I hit a few forums, and found a great artist, at the right price.  I was looking for a ultra-modern cityscape.  So, first a few sketches, and before I knew it, I had the finished product.  I'm really happy with it, but I would like to hear what others have to say.  I'm also debating between the blue hue, and the brighter hue.  Let me know your thoughts.  I'm about to get my DevBlog online, but for now, if this art tweaks your interest, and you are into MMOs, sign-up to be a beta tester here:
http://www.weneedbetatesters.com

Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »

Go with the brighter hue, the blue is so done. The brighter one could use even more vibrant colors imo. Future doesn't have to be depressing. And even it is, it doesn't need to be emphasizes with depressing colors. Dystopia presented with lively real world colors and brightness, can be much more depressing than just using dark grays and blues.

ollie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 01:37:16 PM »

As nice as the blue looks (and it really does), I have to agree with 1982. It'd be interesting to see a warmer palette used in a futuristic environment.

The skyline looks really cool though Hand Thumbs Up Right
r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »

I like the first one. Reminds me of Beneath a Steel Sky.

rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »

I like the first one. Reminds me of Beneath a Steel Sky.
Yeah, I too got that feel...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic