Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 12:31:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallParadise Cursed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Paradise Cursed  (Read 700 times)
lostlegends
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »

Hi,
Myself and my son have for the last few months been working on a making a game, There isn't much to see at the moment as a lot of time has been spent on getting the multiplayer right.
Currently its more or less just a walk around Island. However a lot of work has been finished on the engine, so far we have had 50 player instances running smoothly although the laptop acting as server wasn't too happy lol. The maps are randomly generated from large premade hex's with plants, trees etc generated upon these, Maps currently have a max size of 1000x1000 hex,s.The game will be more robinson's requiem than minecraft but crafting etc will play a major part.
Anyway doing this sort of thing takes a lot of time, So I was hoping a few people might take a look at the video and give me some honest opinions.
Should we carry on or is a case of don't give up the day job!.
Thanks.

slippery42388
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »

Looks pretty interesting! I'm seeing one common mistake here however. Like most indie games, it's really lacking on having a variety of detail. As I watched the video I seen a bunch of the same texture, over and over. Spice things up a bit, add patches of tall grass, bushes, rocks, puddles, different types of trees, anything to make it more visually appealing. As this appears to be a nothing more then a graphics walk through at the moment I can't really comment any further. Looks great though! Keep up the good work! Smiley
lostlegends
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:04:54 AM »

thanks for looking, the lack of scenery is my fault, so much to do lol. There are 11 tree types around 40 different plants, 30ish rocks and around 6 ground outcrops so far. Also the trees and plants actually grow so they often appear different. But the main thing I will take from your comments is I didn't spend enough time on the video  Angry
Anyway that video is a demo island and it has been updated. Will release it in a few days, when Ive put more scenery in it lol.
slippery42388
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »

oooh ok Smiley Makes sense now lol... I'll be looking out for your next update!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic