Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411716 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 07:10:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsInvertium - Sci-fi puzzle platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Invertium - Sci-fi puzzle platformer  (Read 2178 times)
lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »

Hi guys,

I would like to open a devlog here so I can show you some progress about Invertium, the game I'm working on. I recently started to show it to the world so I haven't received so much feedback yet. I guess when I have a demo it will be better.

Invertium is a sci-fi themed puzzle platformer for PC, that is pretty much based on physics. The player has a device on his arm that allows him to change gravity to 4 different directions, slow it down, freeze objects... The player will need to use those -and more- abilities to solve challenging situations, where analyzing and observing the environment will be a important part of the thing.

More about the mechanics could be found at www.lunar-kingdom.com and http://www.indiedb.com/games/invertium.

This is right know under heavy development, so I guess I'll be posting a lot of new stuff quite often. The idea is to have a good trailer and a playable demo really soon.

Here you have some pictures and animated gifs:

« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 07:23:50 AM by lunarkingdom » Logged

Working on HacknPlan, the planning tool for indie game developers.
lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 12:55:39 AM »

The second level is now finished -a few testers are giving it a try- and I've been working on fixing some bugs and little improvements. I also started to create some assets for zone 2. Not so much yet, but you can get the overall idea:

I also improved the portal, which the player has to cross to reach next level:

Next days I'll be working on more assets for zone 2, and designing a few more levels for the demo. I'm also improving user notifications, like the energy bar blinking when is full.

Cheers

lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:18:33 AM »

Hi fellow devs,

Progress this week is being quite good so far. I've received some good input from a few testers, and I've done some improvements:

-Added visual and sound alerts for the energy bar, so you don't have to be looking at it to know when its filled.
-Adjusted the damage in some cases where it was too much.
-Created new effects using particle systems for item pick action and gravity changes.

I also revamped a few assets and created a few new ones for Zone 1.

For those who are insterested in knowing more about Invertium mechanics, I wrote a post in my blog explaining them. Discover how modern mechanics based on physics blend with the feeling of the classic arcade games on challenge, difficulty and replayability. Read it at http://lunar-kingdom.com/invertium-the-mechanics/

Cheers

lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »

A screenshot of the new zone I'm working on. It pretends to be an underground factory full of dangerous things like electrified barriers and objects, conveyor belts, explosive stuff... Hope you like it  Smiley

JeremiahPena
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 01:55:22 PM »

I love the player's gravity-switching animation, and I can imagine a huge number of gameplay mechanics from the four directions.
abajur
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »

Like Jeremiah I love the Animation too!

Good stuff!

lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 10:38:19 PM »

Yeah, the 4 direction gravity switching opens a big world of mechanics and puzzles, I'm working hard on level design so I can take advantage of them.

Thanks guys for your comments!

lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »

Hi guys!!

Finally, after one year of development, I launched an open beta of Invertium and a trailer. It has been a lot of work doing the 100% of the game, a sacrifice of free time, a rollercoaster of emotions, but the first goal is achieved!!

You can download it here: www.lunar-kingdom.com

And watch the trailer here:

Cheers!

lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 10:37:59 PM »

Hi folks,

Invertium is on Steam Greenlight, if you like it please vote  Wink

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258330922

Thanks!

lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 07:23:19 AM »

Hi fellow devs!

It's been a long time since I posted the last time in this thread about my game in progress, Invertium. After releasing a small demo last spring and receiving tons of great (and not that great) feedback and critics, I took some time to think about the future of the project, review what went well and what needed to improve, and the next actions I would take.

It's been half a year or so since that moment, but I haven't been idle at all. One of the things I decided was trying to find a good artist to team up. I'm a programmer and I wasn't able to give personality and an attractive look and feel to the game (besides the big work load), so I started searching for someone that would fit and willing to work in a side project like this. It took me some time, but I finally found Mario Manzanares (http://mariomanzanares.tumblr.com/), an amazing artist and videogame lover who immediately liked the idea behind the game and wanted to collaborate to improve not only the graphics, but the gameplay and the story as well.

As a team we have been working on a full review of the design of the game, trying to fix the flaws and use the received feedback to make the game funnier, better balanced in terms of learning curve and adding new ideas that were out of scope before, like enemies or different kind of puzzles. We also made a big change on graphics, going from a tile based 2D to a 2.5D perspective using 3D models. We are just starting this new stage in the development, but we are on fire and I expect to have interesting things to show in the coming months.

We have opened a brand new devlog, where you can know more about the project, at http://www.lunar-kingdom.com.

Merry Christmas!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic