Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411560 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 01:49:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGlum Buster
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Glum Buster  (Read 27804 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2009, 08:56:07 AM »

You can actually just listen to the game's soundtrack directly: it's in a subfolder (neatly labeled "music") in .ogg format. Same with many games. So downloading the soundtrack in mp3 format would kind of be worse, because .ogg format is higher-quality than .mp3 format (usually, depends on compression level). You may need to rename them first to .ogg though.

linger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2009, 09:25:22 AM »

You can actually just listen to the game's soundtrack directly: it's in a subfolder (neatly labeled "music") in .ogg format. Same with many games. So downloading the soundtrack in mp3 format would kind of be worse, because .ogg format is higher-quality than .mp3 format (usually, depends on compression level). You may need to rename them first to .ogg though.

Ah, excellent. The strange ".lkw" extention threw me off.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2009, 09:50:03 AM »

I'm guessing that refers to lone kiwi, the music composer.

ortoslon
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2009, 11:54:45 AM »

Did you collect all the whatever-they-are's though? I would think collecting them all would take longer than that. I don't actually know if anything special happens when you collect them all, but I'd assume so.

I've just completed the dangerous tale (5 more hours), collected all helper moths, all hats/masks and enough grins; Bustability 65800. And... nothing special. But:

Quote from: CosMind
regarding your question about a total completion reward; shamefully, no
there isn't anything special that happens.  this is one of the things i
most regret.  in fact, i regret it so much that i have been thinking a lot
about something that i could add to the game for completing everything.  i
might be able to work something into a future update.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2009, 12:13:38 PM »

Yeah, I feel that if you're going to add collectables it might be a good idea to give some kind of reward for that. Or else it turns into getting Assassin's Creed's flags. Difficult and meaningless.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Josh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »

Have to say it hasn't grabbed me yet. It's definitely the kind of thing I dig though so I should probably put some more time in. Looks amazing though!
ortoslon
« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2009, 05:51:27 AM »

Could someone with English operating system open beha.ppy in the game directory and tell me what is used for decimal points there: dots or commas? I need this to help CosMind find the source of a bug.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2009, 05:54:59 AM »

dots

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »

Oh, I had that bug too in an early version of Immortal Defense. A good solution is to save as strings rather than as integers.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2009, 12:57:16 PM »

I'm not sure what to do here (door 5 semi-spoilers):

The left path leads to the chain gate on the left side of the screenshot. The purple dot is directing me to the top-right of the screen, which I cannot reach. The NPC is blocked from the generator prisons by the chain gate in the center, and I don't see another NPC to imprison to free him. The right path leads back to the previous screen.

Am I missing something? Is there a game mechanic I haven't discovered? Do I need to backtrack somewhere? Is this a glitch?

Never mind. Found the NPC.

Sappho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2009, 04:29:02 AM »

I'm ashamed to say it, but I'm really stuck pretty early in the game.  I'm in the area with the red and blue squares and switches, where you get the grasshoppers.  I have been back and forth through the four areas that I have found several times, found some cleverly hidden grins, but can't find anything else to do or any way out.  I don't really want a total spoiler if it can be avoided, but could someone give me a hint?  There must be something blatantly obvious that I'm missing...
ortoslon
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2009, 04:52:34 AM »

Are you stuck here? Be warned, though, my reply is a full spoiler.
Sappho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2009, 04:54:42 AM »

Nope, I got the blue switch and went up top and explored and found a grin and whatnot, but I didn't see anything else to do there so I turned back.  Is there a way to go further from there?
ortoslon
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2009, 05:02:53 AM »

First, a very non-spoily hint: if you were a rainbow, what would you do?
Sappho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2009, 05:12:25 AM »

Aha!  I had already gone in a rainbow and hit the red switch, but I never noticed the tunnel underneath.  I'm in the next area now, thanks a lot.
ortoslon
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2009, 09:27:10 PM »

i've recorded a full playthrough
ink.inc
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »

Really quite fantastic.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2011, 03:38:53 PM »

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2011, 04:28:58 PM »

it's fine, more people should play this game. it was probably the best indie game of its year.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2011, 04:47:01 PM »

Yup yup it's an excellent game. It's also weird how it kinda flew under the radar despite coverage from TIGS and most other notable indie game sites.

Maybe it's because tastes are shifting towards more "commercial" and conventionally "polished" indie games or something? I dunno.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic