Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:16:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHOLY SHIT GUYS PRESIDENT OBAMA!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS PRESIDENT OBAMA!  (Read 10167 times)
Movius
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 05:44:51 AM »

good thing they got rid of that whole cult of personality thing surrounding the last US president...
nanotie
Level 0

Paul Legovitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 06:29:48 AM »

An american president is just an employee (I almost said a puppet), at least since Kennedy.  Gentleman
It's the same in every major country (like France where I live).

It should be common knowledge that decisive political orientations come from various trans-partisan organizations and think tanks like The Council on Foreign Relations, The Rand Corporation (advocates for a large scale war to save the economy btw), The Bilderberg Group and many others.
Wall Street and the militaro-industrial complex cannot afford to be dependent on free elections and the people's will.
 Hand Money Left  Noir Hand Money Right
Obama is their man (so was Bush) and his agenda is simply theirs for the most part.
Hopefully he won't be a tyrant but he's not here to help us either...
He's in for the "new world order" said

, if you can understand what that means.

There is a lot of reading and learning to do to understand politics. Watching TV won't help that much !  :D

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 06:38:49 AM »

"For well over two centuries, the United States has been vastly more diverse than its ruling families. Now the Obama family has flipped that around, with a Technicolor cast that looks almost nothing like their overwhelmingly white, overwhelmingly Protestant predecessors in the role. The family that produced Barack and Michelle Obama is black and white and Asian, Christian, Muslim and Jewish. They speak English; Indonesian; French; Cantonese; German; Hebrew; African languages including Swahili, Luo and Igbo; and even a few phrases of Gullah, the Creole dialect of the South Carolina Lowcountry. Very few are wealthy, and some — like Sarah Obama, the stepgrandmother who only recently got electricity and running water in her metal-roofed shack — are quite poor."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/us/politics/21family.html

mozzy
Level 1

The Wild Thing

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 07:09:38 AM »

Wow that photo is beautiful.
havchr
Level 2

gaming, coding, experimenting photo science party

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 10:10:09 AM »

Obama is a great speaker and I look forward to what path he'll set.

The jokes comedians were able to get from bush's term was good though.

Pizza is delicious.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »

I have lived my life as a complete heterosexual, but when I saw the speach live from washington yesterday I think I fell in love a little Shocked
imaginationac
Level 2

Makin' games instead of makin' money.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »

What's the deal with the first 100 days of the presidency to be the most important to watch for? I've been hearing about this on a few media outlets (CNN being one of them).

Youtube channel | Charger! Dev Log

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 11:25:32 AM »

This is when the president make choices and take actions. The rest of the presidency is mostly about handling the consequences of those actions.

Except bush's presidensy that it, which was all about meeting other peoples' actions, never taking any own initiatives.
Poor bastard Shrug
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 11:27:54 AM »

I'm pretty pumped. It would reeaaaallly suck if he screwed up, but I'm hoping and praying that doesn't happen, and I don't think it will. But anyway, hooray no-Bush!

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 11:52:28 AM »

Did anyone else see that family photo and think of Captain Planet?
nanotie
Level 0

Paul Legovitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »

Did anyone else see that family photo and think of Captain Planet?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 12:39:05 PM »

This is when the president make choices and take actions. The rest of the presidency is mostly about handling the consequences of those actions.

Except bush's presidensy that it, which was all about meeting other peoples' actions, never taking any own initiatives.
Poor bastard Shrug

He had a few initiatives. He did drastically expand AIDS aid to Africa. He also attempted to fix social security, but it got shot down by congress. He also did the no child left behind thing, and created the department of homeland security, as well as the position of 'information czar', combining the fbi, dia, and cia in a more integrated group. Also there were the famous 'bush tax cuts'. He banned cloning and stem-cell research. He also increased spending on education and medicaid. He appointed two supreme court justices. And he invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, obviously. So regardless of whether you agree with those actions, it isn't true that he did nothing.

Corpus
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 12:48:17 PM »

I'm pretty excited about Obama (I hope to live in the US at some stage when I'm older). He seems like a smart guy who knows what he's doing, and I agree with a lot of what he says.

I hope he does as well as the hype suggests he will.

Also:
You make about as much history by becoming president as I make when I go to the kitchen for a chicken sandwich.
Huh?

Was a black president that hard to imagine?
WTF
Screamy
*Head explodes*
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 01:50:12 PM »

Poor bastard Shrug

He had a few initiatives. He did drastically expand AIDS aid to Africa. He also attempted to fix social security, but it got shot down by congress. He also did the no child left behind thing, and created the department of homeland security, as well as the position of 'information czar', combining the fbi, dia, and cia in a more integrated group. Also there were the famous 'bush tax cuts'. He banned cloning and stem-cell research. He also increased spending on education and medicaid. He appointed two supreme court justices. And he invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, obviously. So regardless of whether you agree with those actions, it isn't true that he did nothing.

Oh? I'm not really into those things, just pretending to know what I'm talking about Shrug What I meant though was that since 9/11 george bush's decisions were more based on nineeleven/al qaida/terrorism/securing resources and many other factors than on his own ideas.

It somewhat resembles to vietnam in that that it's offensive defense rather than choosen actions. Going into Afghanistan wasn't something he had planned to do, it was something he was forced to do as a counter action.

I'm glad he increased the medical help for africa, but I somewhat think he did more damage to the world than good after all, mostly by worsen the relationship between america and the rest of the world.

I hope the new president will fix this, and I also think he'll have a great impact on the poor minoryties in the states. From what I've understood there have been a widely spread hopelesness in the black community, which I think he has already by winning the election started to do something about.

Correct me if I'm wrong Wink
PaleFox
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 03:18:35 PM »

If you want a good indicator of how badly Bush fared as president, note that approval of America in other countries went up as soon as Obama was elected. Seriously. I don't want to go digging for the data, but that's surely a good thing at least.
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 03:39:18 PM »

I won't really care until it isn't a republicrat in office, but all the news coverage and talk as if he's a messiah is very, very annoying. Honestly if Jesus were to live now he'd be getting the same exact kind of attention. It's my personal opinion that you should wait until someone does something to go from :| to c:, and don't forget D:

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 03:45:48 PM »

Didn't know I could switch my eyes and mouth. Thanks for the info.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 04:03:31 PM »

What's the deal with the first 100 days of the presidency to be the most important to watch for? I've been hearing about this on a few media outlets (CNN being one of them).

I'm guessing it has to do with Roosevelt's first 100 days in the New Deal. Since Roosevelt helped the US get out of the depression, it's similar to how Obama is trying to help the US get out of its current recession.

Edit: Also, Obama is not allowed to screw up. Just think of the chaos it would cause.
Yes, racists are still around, 44 years is not that long. (Jim Crow laws were around till 1965)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:10:53 PM by Nitro Crate » Logged
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »

If you want a good indicator of how badly Bush fared as president, note that approval of America in other countries went up as soon as Obama was elected. Seriously. I don't want to go digging for the data, but that's surely a good thing at least.

That's no surprise to me. If it had been a world election for the US president, Obama probably would have gotten 80% of the votes.

I took a trip to Britain last summer. Whenever politics came up in conversation, Obama was the only person talked about.
nanotie
Level 0

Paul Legovitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »

Also, Obama is not allowed to screw up. Just think of the chaos it would cause.

The next few years will make History in either a good or a bad way, that's pretty much certain.
Also, remember that Joe Biden and Colin Powell both told us that

in the beginning of his mandate... (

)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic