Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 03:01:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesAtmosphir
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Atmosphir  (Read 3019 times)
HostFat
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2008, 03:06:05 PM »

Have you ever seen this project? Smiley
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 03:14:15 PM »

nope

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Mentalpatient109
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 04:05:54 PM »

Nope. It looks interesting, and the animations and graphics are pretty nice, but nothing I'd use much. I did sign up for the beta though.
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »

I hadn't seen it, but I guess I have now.

The idea is cute, but to really work it needs to be highly streamlined. Also, to be perfectly honest, the art looks like uninspired shovelware arse. With a more interesting art direction and in-game editing it could definitely be quite interesting. And by that, I mean it could be Little Big Planet.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 04:26:35 PM »

From the video, it looks less like a "video game creation tool" than a platformer with an included level editor. Not that that's inherently bad.

The level with all the free-floating platforms looked kinda cool. And one of the levels reminded me very distinctly of Shadow Man, wonder whether that was intentional.
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 05:02:29 PM »

Looks pretty neat, but...
From the video, it looks less like a "video game creation tool" than a platformer with an included level editor.
Yeah. Like Knytt Stories in 3D. Which the world could use, I suppose, though I probably wouldn't be able to get too into it. Personally I find making levels for other people's games less fulfilling than making games.

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »

Is there a faq I can read?  These videos are tl;dw

From the video, it looks less like a "video game creation tool" than a platformer with an included level editor.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I want to confirm.  Can I use my own models or what?

Edit:
Email sent to developers, I guess I'll find out soon.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:16:21 PM by deadeye » Logged

tweet tweet @j_younger
merkoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 05:14:36 AM »

Is there a faq I can read?  These videos are tl;dw

Yeah, that's pretty much what I want to confirm.  Can I use my own models or what?

Edit:
Email sent to developers, I guess I'll find out soon.
Nope, you can't use your models...
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 06:34:28 AM »

Nope, you can't use your models...

Welp, that's that then.

It looked interesting there for a second.  Now... not so much.  Without at least being able to import your own models, this pretty much sums it up:

to be perfectly honest, the art looks like uninspired shovelware arse. With a more interesting art direction and in-game editing it could definitely be quite interesting.

Still wondering why they don't just write some information about the project on the site, instead of making people sit through half hour long videos of them rambling about whatever.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:39:56 AM by deadeye » Logged

tweet tweet @j_younger
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 07:20:20 AM »

i wish i was 13 again so i could totally lose my shit over this.

kida today get all the best toys.

azeo
Level 1

Blank slate!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 03:16:49 PM »

Got into the beta, the email gave me the login of beta1 or something, does that mean I win? Update later with thoughts
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 03:30:03 PM »

If you can't use your own models then it just seems kinda pointless. A level editor can be pretty boring, but maybe turn some kids onto game developing...?
azeo
Level 1

Blank slate!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 03:50:26 PM »

Okay, so not only can you not import your own models, is also doesn't look like you can change anything about them, not even their size. The gameplay is solid, although there are some depth and jumping issues (such as you can only hang on to something when its level with your head, but if you hold foreward you slide off the edge, resulting in many a missed fall.) From what I've played so far, it just seems to be like blockland, only with a horrible, horrible editor.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic