Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411664 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 05:36:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesKudos 2
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kudos 2  (Read 5363 times)
seregrail7
Level 1

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:22:47 PM »

Kudos 2 has been released. It plays like Kudos, but it looks way more swish now.

Get it here.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:42:32 PM »

Kiss They got rid of those scary 3D people!

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:56:40 PM »

I'm getting a crash-on-startup error about [setdisplaymode]. Sad

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 06:26:26 PM »

Yeah, he said he specifically hired an artist in order to do away with using terrible Poser models.

I haven't tried it yet, but plan to.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 09:16:47 PM »

The crash I was having seems to be a problem with Intel chipsets. If you wanna play the game and it's giving you a setdisplaymode error, go to data and edit config.muf with the ever lovely Notepad, and set 'windowed' to 1.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »

I played the demo and wrote this in a forum, addressed to Cliffski. I thought it'd also be worth posting here in case anyone felt similarly.

I felt there wasn't enough "art" (not graphics, I mean artisticness) in the gameplay itself. Democracy 2 had a lot of that, mainly through the quotes and through how everything worked together, it was a fairly sophisticated / philosophical game -- whereas I didn't get a sense of that in Kudos 2.

As an example, I felt the options were a bit too limited, I would have preferred more interesting options -- they were all fairly boring Sims-like options, I would have prefer options with more interest value.

I'm not exactly how to portray what I mean, but I felt as if there weren't much meaning or point to the game, that it was just entertainment or a time waster, that I wasn't learning anything from it, whereas I did feel I was learning a lot from Democracy 1 & 2. It had no wisdom to impart, playing it, you wouldn't actually be better equipped to deal with your 20s.

As a contrast, have you played Alter Ego? It's an old game which you can now play online: http://www.theblackforge.net/

That game is similar to the Kudos series in a few ways, although it follows your entire life from birth until death, but the gameplay is very similar, and the writing quality and the events that happen there feels more meaningful and memorable than in Kudos 2. I know this is probably too late to change, but I just thought I'd give you my honest impression. It's still a pretty great game, I just think there was a lot of room to make it really great.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic