Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 03:31:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesOverGrowth
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: OverGrowth  (Read 2401 times)
geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2008, 02:43:36 PM »

Well, finally, you can buy the game now! It's not released, of course, but preorderers(is that a word?) get access to the super-awesome-tastically secret SPF forums, as well as access to the beta(when it's ready)

The link to preorder is Here, and it costs a mere $30--not too bad for such an awesome game!

So anyways, what do you guys think of it? I personally am worried. I once got lost in Lugaru 1 after I had trekked a while through the endless wasteland--I couldn't find my way back! Tongue
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 02:51:26 PM »

You can already preorder it when the developers are still twiddling around with early tech demos? Shocked
geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 02:54:14 PM »

Yup!

Apparently, 50+ people have bought it so far...Don't let them die! Make them MILLIONS! Tongue

But anyways, I've talked to the dev, and apparently the modding language will be JAVASCRIPT!
awesty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 02:57:19 PM »

You can already preorder it when the developers are still twiddling around with early tech demos? Shocked

That sounds like a gamble.  Undecided

geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 02:59:10 PM »

Nope. You get access to those, ahem, "early tech demos"
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 03:01:20 PM »

lugaru was kind of fun.
hopefully this will be more polished.
and more FUNS.

they should have a system like mount & blade did, where early birds get the game for cheaper + acces to beta.
then i would be happy and jump.
geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 03:02:54 PM »

lugaru was kind of fun.
and more FUNS.

they should have a system like mount & blade did, where early birds get the game for cheaper + acces to beta.

Interesting. I'll tell Jeff that.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »

lugaru was the most of fun.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 04:56:31 PM »

I definitely think that it is not worth buying at this point if there is not some sort of price discount. The art for the game does look awesome though, and the website is beautiful. Looking forward to this game.

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 09:13:14 PM »

Can't wait for this game but im just wondering about what happens if the game never gets completed for some reason (hopefully this will not be the case) all of those people would have lost their money. 

Jeff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »

Hey guys.  I was pretty surprised to see this thread. Tongue  I'm one of the guys working on Overgrowth.

To answer your questions...
Haha, no comment.

Preordering a video game shouldn't be seen as an investment or gamble.  Please don't preorder unless you are a fan of Lugaru and would like to support us and help beta test.

lugaru was kind of fun.
and more FUNS.

Thanks!   Gentleman  Indeed, Mount&Blade was the inspiration for this and after their success, I think many other indies are going to be using this model as well.

Like in Mount&Blade's beta, it is too early to announce the final pricing of Overgrowth as we hope to talk to various publishers, get advice from other indies, and evaluate what the game looks like in 4-5 months.  I can guarantee you that the final version will not sell for less than the preorder price...  If it does, for whatever reason, we will of course refund the difference.

I definitely think that it is not worth buying at this point if there is not some sort of price discount. The art for the game does look awesome though, and the website is beautiful. Looking forward to this game.
Thanks!  Aubrey and I worked really hard on the website.

Can't wait for this game but im just wondering about what happens if the game never gets completed for some reason (hopefully this will not be the case) all of those people would have lost their money. 
Haha, we're a small indie studio, not Walmart.  Of course we would refund you guys if for whatever reason the game doesn't happen.  To be honest though, if the game is not completed, it means that the Wolfire-mobile got hit by a truck and we're all incapacitated Cry.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic