Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 03:37:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSumerian Blood: Gilgamesh Against the Gods
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Sumerian Blood: Gilgamesh Against the Gods  (Read 23112 times)
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 01:36:11 PM »

Oh yea, heh.
I planned on making the board "persist" a few moments after one of the character dies. Which also allows a case of both characters die in battle. Just not implemented yet.
And a dying animation could be nice. I might go for something more lazy like making it poof into air or explode. Not sure. Havn'g thought about it yet.

Also, I forgot to mention that I want to work on a Meta-Server, so player could find matchs online and also so I can see how many people actually play. Tongue

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 11:48:17 AM »

Progress has slowed down a bit, especially from lack of available testers.
I am working on a website and I could actually start selling the alpha once Desura guys set it up(it takes a while).
http://www.fatalwars.com/

Also a video of me play testing against my lovely tester. She is not so good, so it doesn't look exciting, but it shows the progress of the game.

Once the Desura alpha is set up I will send keys to the winners of the drawing competition.

Master of all trades.
kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »

If you need testers, i can do it ( for free ofcourse ).

Nice site  Huh? ( I don't know, but i think i could make it better. Or you just should improve the graphics. )

The progress is cool overall  Smiley. I'd love to see some BLOOM   Epileptic.

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 12:16:02 PM »

Yea, the site is pretty plain looking, but for now it's good enough.
Also, there are those annoying google links that google sites put in the footer.
I am not sure if it is possible to remove them, but if anyone knows, please tell me how.
kamac, I would appreaciate if you could help me testing the game. Can you PM me your skype? If you have any?
And about the bloom... lol. I don't think there is going to be bloom, I thought of implementing it as a joke actually. I might do it eventually.

Master of all trades.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »

I like the Snake's animation a lot.

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »

Yea, I like it too. XD

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 09:09:20 AM »

Thanks xoorath,

Well, the future of Fatal Wars 2 is uncertain, but it can go either way. I will talk about it later when I have more information.
I haven't been developing many new features lately, but I did work on an Android port.
I wrote about it in the IndieDB news, I think it might be interesting for you.
And of course a screenshot will come(Pics or it didn't happen?)

"I haven't been adding many new features lately, but I have done this cool thing. A port of Fatal Wars 2 to Android. The port will use the same C++ with(with JNI) from the Windows version for the logic part of the game. The thing that is different are the framework modules.
This is possible because the game logic only use the framework modules' interface and don't call anything API specific.
I am very pleased with the results.
I don't have an Android device yet, so an image from the emulator will have to do for now."

Master of all trades.
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »

This looks fun and the graphics have a lot of charm.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »

Thanks cactus, not a lot of people like the art work. I think.

Another playtest video, I have played online against my friend. There is a serious bug that allows players to attack after death. I should fix that.
Overall it was fun playing against my friend(I won), eventhough there was this bug and my friend didn't know he can use spells(the chat didn't work too well).
The whole gameplay is recorded in this video:

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 02:10:07 PM »

Today I fixed the "Attack after death" bug. I also hopefully fixed the chat. I also made the big leap in implementing the summon spell, which I delayed a bit as being "redious". But it wasn't really difficult.
In the original Archon you can summon elementals: Fire, Earth, Air, Water.
I wanted something a bit different, but not too different.
So I thought of the following "elements": Sun, Moon, Commet, Earth.
I already drawen the sun, it's not very hard to draw, but it still looks good.
I hope to finish the summon spell and the imprision spell, and play test the changes tomorrow.
Of course I will upload a video, hopefully the battle will be of interest.
I will also need to see how to balance the pieces, because the ghost seemed a bi unbalanced.

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 03:42:44 PM »

I didn't make "Features progress" lately. I have been workig on the Android version.
As I said before, the Android version is basically using the same code(the same files even) for the game logic but with different framework modules(Graphics, Input, etc).
So it's nice to see theory and design work in practice, and the result is the youtube video I am linking.
There are no animations yet, and a lot of things missing, but it is already looking like a game.
I am running it on an Android emulator, btw, so that is why it's so slow(Don't have an Android device currently).

Edit: Yea, and the reason I didn't do much "Feature" coding in the PC version is because I am waiting for an important email that will determine the future of the game. It is kind of bumming me out. :/

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »

Hmm, I didn't get "The email" back yet. So I am not sure what will be with this game, for now. So I am putting it on hold.
I also finally got convinced that using a professional artist's artwork can make wonders to a game. I got this artwork sample from an artist(actually I discovered him on this TIGForums). I forgot what is the artist's nick over here, and I am not sure he wants me to type his full name.

Well this:

As oppose to this:

So it's basically a small update saying the game is kind of on hold, and showing off this really purdy artwork.

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 08:11:48 AM »

Ok, I didn't get an approval to make the Archon-Like game. So I am going to change this game to be different and unique in it's own way.

There will still be a strategy board and action battles. But, the strategy board will be different. The characters will be different and of a different theme. The spells will be different, the attacks will be different and more versatile.

I have already thought of a new strategy board and a new theme(not reveleaing it, I am setting Lion Heart Dr as a role model for desiging this game Tongue).

Now I am making a list of ideas for attacks:
1) A close range melee attack.
2) A regular projectile attack.
3) A self area attack.
4) A "grenade" attack, it's a projectile that also explodes and cause an area damage.
5) A boucne projectile, a projectile that can bounce off walls.
6) A charging attack, kind of like a bull charge.
7) A "guided missle" attack. It's like a projectile but it change a bit to follow the target.
Cool A triple shot.
9) A projectile wave attack. It's a wave front of projectiles, only there are spaces so you can actually not get hit by it.
10) A jittery projectile attack. Like a projectile only it doesn't move straight, it moves kind of "weird"
11) A flail attack, a long range melee attack the swirls around the attacker rather then attack in a specific direction.
12) A "meteor" attack. Some object the falls from above and gives you time to evade, althouh it falls from above you.

Basically I am going to have 9 characters for each of the two armies.
That's it for now, if you have more attack ideas, please share.
Obviously I need to think more carefully how each attack will affect game balance and etc.
Maybe I should choose the lazy fattening method. That is, I am going to choose the simplest set of attacks for all characters, and then make small changes from there.

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 01:01:12 AM »

I have "designed" a new strategy board. It looks like this:

I think instead of the 5 power points I will have 3 forts. One for each army's king and one in the center.
I need to think what kind of win scenarios should be and what strategies can be used to achieve these scenarios.

Scenraios:
  • Destory all enemy units - That's kind of self explainatory.
  • Capture all 3 forts - This is really like the power points in Archon, so I will try to avoid that
  • Capture the flag - I might put a flag in each army's fort and taking that flag to your own fort wins the game. Maybe flags can only be moved by the enemy, so you cannot move your own flag back.
  • Siege - maybe if you can surround some area in the enemy ground you win?

These scenarios are important for making people want to be aggressors and not just fortify themselves in their forts.
Capture all 3 forts might be a good idea, but then the one side can focus all his protection on their own fort. Although a teleport or exchange spells, like in the original Archon might give a once in a life time chance to make this kind of victory.
Capture the flag suffer from the same issue as capture all 3 forts, in that a massive defense can be focused on the flag. Maybe if the flag won't be exactly in the outer most part of the map.
Siege is a very interesting concept, IMO. It rewards aggression and although requires quite a few units to pull off, it can make the defenisve player try to reach out. Depending how far can a siege be done.

Also, one of my ideas was to make the ground change color from units. That is, if you have more black units further away in the map, the map will be more dark in general. Which affact attack bonuses.

Please help me with more ideas about this.

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »

I have decided to make the game around mesopotemia mythology.
Basically, Gilgamesh and his people(one army) are fighting the gods(the opposing armies).
To be honest there are some interesting monsters and creatures in the mythology, but most of them consist of humaniod or animal\human hybrid.
Do you think there is a value for making it mesopotemia themed? Even if the variety of the creatures isn't that varied?

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2011, 11:07:54 AM »

New artwork. Is this better than the previous art? (The characters design will be different than from the previous art).

What do you think?

Master of all trades.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2011, 11:19:33 AM »

I think most of the monsters are going to look original, since most fantasy games have very well known monsters.
The only thing I worry is that some monsters might look very similar, but I guess if I see this happen, then I can just think of a new monster then.

I didn't get approval from FreeFall games. To be honest my game was pretty similar to their game, same type of pieces, spells and attacks. But I am changing it now and make my own thing.

Edit: Changed the title of the game.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 12:00:51 PM by PompiPompi » Logged

Master of all trades.
Theophilus
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2011, 12:19:03 PM »

I think you should move the characters up on the board a bit - it looks as though they're very flat and/or standing on the very bottom-most edge of their square.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2011, 12:23:39 PM »

Oh right, I didn't think about it. Thanks.

Master of all trades.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »

New game's name is awesome :D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic