Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 12:36:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Anyone else bias towards Game/RPG maker games?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Anyone else bias towards Game/RPG maker games?  (Read 10517 times)
Cocytus79
Level 0

Pathetic man-child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2010, 04:59:08 AM »

My MOTHER is a SAINT  Angry
Enshoku
Level 1

woooo~

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2010, 05:42:20 AM »

C'mon guys, this is an entire page without hatred, accusations or holy wars. Let's get back on track or people might think we actually LIKE each other!  Hand Knife RightNinjaHand Knife Right
You're face is stoopid and your stuwped.
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2010, 01:22:31 PM »

I'm sorry but I feel like Game/RPG Maker games are like HTML templet sites, or sites made with DreamWeaver. They're always low quality, eat ram like a MoFo. Hosted at yoyogames. Bah, just bah. I have more respect for Bob's Game (And I hate that guy and his game) than I do for Game/RPG Maker games.

Is anyone else like this or is it just me?

You shouldn't blame the tools for what the craftsman does with them.
As has been pointed out below, try some of the good games made with Game/RPG Maker, and see what someone who is actually skilled at using the tools is capable of.

I've always been intrigued by the RPG Maker tools, but never got into it because the default battle system and such was unappealing, and I didn't have the time back then to learn to rework things to fit my needs.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »

Dreamweaver can be a pretty nice tool for making websites, provided you write the code yourself.. >.>

My favorite thing about dreamweaver is it's ability to add in a bunch of asp behind the scenes so that when i try to go back and edit code I unintentionally break something. I also like the crazy amounts of comments it adds to websites making them completely incomprohensible (although this might have been the fault of a template someone was using).

Now that we are on the subject, i think that using html templates is differnent from using Game Maker. I'll admit the basic principle is the same, but HTML is so piss easy that you shouldn't be able to make a website if you don't understand it. I'm okay with javascript libraries though.

Edit: yes, I recognize how off topic this is.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:43:17 PM by salade » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic