Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411563 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 02:28:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMooD: Waist-High In Hell
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: MooD: Waist-High In Hell  (Read 11532 times)
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 04:13:18 PM »

I'm wearing one of my favorite bandanas pulled down to cover my head, that's it Smiley As for the meta-game. Well, since this isn't much more than a "see how long you last" quarter-crunching slugmatch I figure It would be fun to reward some of the most dedicated audience for their hard work.

I've created FOUR tarot card images visually inspired by Doom3 elements. Hand drawn and colored.  If a player dies with a high enough score (still testing what a good number will be), the game will display one of four code-words. If you are the first person to mail me with the word you've found along with a snail-mail address, you will receive one of these tarots in the mail for your hard work Smiley I'll be keeping my Facebook/Website constantly updated with what words have already been discovered along with a hi-res scan of the card that the person has won. Think of it as "unlock-able bonus art" that everyone can collectively work to achieve.

I'm not sure how well this idea is going to work, and I'm making the rule ONLY ONE TAROT PER PERSON. Just so everyone can get a chance. But that's the long and short of it, I'll restate the details of the contest in with the game when it's out.

Gentleman And so, the game will soon begin.
jazzuo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 03:49:52 AM »

i palyed the demo..didnt give me much
i listen to music i like it!!!!!
but scary games with no music is also interesting
i guess working on combination of music and silence would be nice.
and giving ou presents its fun idea, make it a social event!!
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 07:31:44 AM »

aaaaaaaaalmost ready! gimme a couple more days (Job's giving me lots of hours lately)

Again, just to state, I made this as an homage to the real real oldskool arcade games where it wasn't about winning, but how long you could survive. There's no key-puzzles, no cut-scenes, no boss battles. Just a grueling survival bloodbath that's fun to pick up and play for a few on a quick coffee break.

It looks good, it feels good, but it's not going to be some kind of deeply fleshed out masterpiece of top-down adventure; that's for another time.

So, to any and all interested, hang-tough. It's coming.  In the meantime, I was playing with a wacom tablet the other day and this came out. For funsies. 
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic