Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 10:36:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTroublemaker
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Troublemaker  (Read 999 times)
KAS
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2010, 01:38:52 AM »

Hi, I've just released the open beta of my browser game. This is my first go at making this sort of game (web based, using PHP, and the Facebook API), and would like some testers to try it out and give some feedback of the game so far.

Short Description
Troublemaker is a browser based RPG on Facebook, were players cause mischief around the neighbourhood. Instead of attacks or spells, players pull pranks on each other, to damage their Morale. Players collect and construct items to use in pranks. Pranks can target other players, or their houses or vehicles. Pranks include stuff like: Flaming Bag of Poo, Ring N Run, Water Bombs, Tagging Doors, and covering peoples front lawns in Garden Gnomes.

Project Overview
I did all the coding and artwork, with a friend helping with concept sketches as well. The game is coded in PHP and uses MySQL. I've created many websites and applications with PHP, but this is the first time I've tried making a game with it.
The project has been in development on and off for about 12 months (or, whenever I had internet access Grin)
The game uses the Facebook API, and is accessed through Facebook, so that would be a requirement to test the game. I hadn't used The FB API before this game, or even had a Facebook account, so that was a big learning curve as well.

The game is Beta, so I still have heaps planned, I just want to get a bit of feedback before continuing. This will be the first time anyone outside of my friends have seen the game.  Grin

Artwork
Here's some screenshots of the game:

The Plan Prank screen:

And the Construct Items screen:

And here's some images of items, vehicles, pets, and stuff:

Carton of eggs, Clunker, Jabba the Pug, Jaws, Rocket Car, Water bomb

Even if Facebook browser games aren't your thing, please still consider giving it a look-see, I consider myself equally an Artist and a Programmer, and would love to hear what you think of the artwork. As half of me just wants to show off the art in the game Smiley

The Game

If your interested in trying it out, click here.
Play Troublemaker

Please leave feedback and have Fun! Hand Metal Right
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic