Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 04, 2024, 12:43:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 249553 times)
Birdorf
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 14, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »

Thanks for that, now just need an Advance Wars and a Final Fantasy Tactics, and I'll be happy.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1361 on: March 14, 2012, 11:58:55 PM »

Wooooow, the 3DS lineup keeps getting better and better.

Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts 3D, aaaaaaah  Kiss
Purchase VALIDATED.
oh wait I still have to buy these games. Argh.

Also I wanna try out that sakura samurai game.(there are two samurai games on the eShop, the other looks... bad to me)

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 15, 2012, 02:51:43 AM »

Not to break tradition, I bought Ridge Racer 3D. I like it. And it was cheap.

Yeah.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 15, 2012, 04:18:27 AM »

Also I wanna try out that sakura samurai game.(there are two samurai games on the eShop, the other looks... bad to me)
Yeah Sakura Samurai is the one I was talking about. Does anyone here have that?
Kramlack
« Reply #1364 on: March 15, 2012, 11:43:21 AM »

Picked up Pushthings and Sonics Western. Pushmo is good I guess, but I could live without Dillon's Rolling Western. I've played both games for a total of 10 minutes since I bought them last week, so I'd say this wasn't the best purchase on my part. I just hope it's me not being in the mood for handhelds, and not me just disliking the games...
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: March 15, 2012, 12:05:03 PM »

rolling western is a really badly designed gam. its like someone just threw together a bunch of mechanics that don't really work with each other.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 15, 2012, 02:15:55 PM »

Wooooow, the 3DS lineup keeps getting better and better.

Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts 3D, aaaaaaah  Kiss
Purchase VALIDATED.
oh wait I still have to buy these games. Argh.

I'll need a good Castlevania release to validate my purchase. I heard there's another Contra in development as well. Hoping for a Metroid release a-la gba period, and a Wario.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 15, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »

I want to hear if Uprising is good. When it comes out, of course. This weekend I need to get ahead on my game playing, I'm falling behind.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 15, 2012, 06:45:48 PM »

Today we got 3 Game Gear games in America. Don't care about Sonic Triple Trouble (I think that's the name) and Dragon Crystal (uh... I also think that's the name), but I may buy Shinobi. Doesn't look very good, though, I'll emulate it a bit and decide if I want it or not.

Also, I bought Adventure Island for the VC, and I don't regret it but it's not as good as I thought it'd be. Level design is pretty bland. It's a shame because there are plenty of worth playing GB games and I bought this... well, I guess I regret it a bit.

Kid Icarus: looks shooter-ish, I'm not sure if I'll buy it. Most likely not, I'll borrow it from a friend or something.

Fire Emblem: Yes, please, come soon to America. Looks fantastic so far.

Everyone (except Europe people) need to buy Mutant Mudds, I can't decide if I like it better than Pushmo. I guess I do.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1369 on: March 15, 2012, 07:27:30 PM »

Sakura Samurai is really fun. I just bought it, but it looks like it's going to be quite the enjoyable game. Really like the combat dynamics and the atmosphere and controls are great.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1370 on: March 19, 2012, 10:13:35 PM »

I was looking through a 3DS games catalogue and seriously... It's so amazing how many games there are that have been only released in Japan, and how many of them that look really good. It's so sad. Region lock is such crap.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 19, 2012, 11:30:30 PM »

I know, and some of them are most likely not getting localized, like Azito 3D Cry

It's the only thing I really dislike about my 3DS. And Nintendo is keeping it for WiiU as well.

I bought Pokémon Rumble Blast for real cheap, it's absolutely worth it. It's Gauntlet meets Pokémon. Gameplay is very simple, but with 600+ possible characters, with different movesets, it doesn't get stale that quickly. And since it doesn't lack one single pokémon, you get to play as your favorite one even if it's an obscure, non-protagonist one. Recommended if you can find it for cheap and like Pokémon and/or Gauntlet-ish games.
Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 21, 2012, 04:05:05 PM »

Kid Icarus: Uprising is the only game coming out soon on the 3DS that I'm looking forward to. The last game I bought was OoT3D, which I haven't played much - instead I've been working on some DS games I missed out on (finished Ghost Trick last week, got Radiant Historia yesterday). I'm not sure if it'll be worth the money, though.

EDIT:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:13:16 PM by Aloshi » Logged
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1373 on: March 21, 2012, 05:47:14 PM »

Also, I bought Adventure Island for the VC, and I don't regret it but it's not as good as I thought it'd be. Level design is pretty bland.

Oddly enough, the Adventure Island sequels are better than the original game. Although I would strongly recommend trying the NES versions, and not the GameBoy ones.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 21, 2012, 06:04:04 PM »

^ I remember loving the NES games, that's why I decided to try the GB version Tongue

One year after the 3DS launch and I currently have 7 retail games, 7 VC games and 2 3DSWare games. Not bad at all, especially when there are plenty of games I'm looking forward to. Not Kid Icarus, though, doesn't seem like my kind of game.
Theophilus
« Reply #1375 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »

Man, a year already? that sure was a flop in my opinion
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1376 on: March 23, 2012, 03:47:27 PM »

Man, a year already? that sure was a flop in my opinion

I wouldn't go that far. Considering the kind of first years most hardware goes through, I'd say the 3DS had a pretty good start. Unfortunately, the biggest failing for the 3DS continues to be in 3rd party support. It's gotten a decent number of games from 3rd parties, but not the kind of custom-designed software that could really push the system.

And of course, its competition, the PS Vita, isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 23, 2012, 09:58:48 PM »

Well, it's officially Nintendo's fastest selling system ever. It's just a matter of time before it has a DS-like library, the DS also took time to become such a great system.
Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 24, 2012, 08:20:43 AM »

I bought Kid Icarus: Uprising and have played for about an hour and a half. It is fantastic. The music is great, there are TONS of little things that add to replay value, everything is polished, online multiplayer, just so much...STUFF.

Lots of Super Smash Bros. design in here - there's an Idol Toss which works like the coin minigame in SSB where you basically play the lottery to get trophies (called idols here). You can play with the menus by dragging them around and making them bump in to each other. The icons are even styled similarly to Brawl. There's a treasure thing just like that secrets thing in Brawl, where as you completed little hidden achievement things, a piece would unlock and you could see objectives next to it.

Anyway, the actual gameplay is split between air and land battles. Air battles are like Star Fox, land battles are like a third person action game. The air battles are superb, the land battle controls are a little weird at first, but you get used to them.

As you play, conversations are going on in the background, usually between Pit and the Goddess of Light. In my opinion, these are what gives the game its personality. There are tons of references to the original Kid Icarus, fourth-wall breaking, and humor. The game doesn't take itself seriously at all, and I like that. The voice acting is good, and while characters talk, little animations play out on the bottom screen as they would in a normal RPG conversation (different pictures for different expressions, etc).

There's also plenty of loot. There are I believe six types of weapons, and each plays differently. There's also weapon fusion and a store to buy new weapons. A neat little arena is available to test out different weapons and their DPS. I've not played with these much.

The game comes with a stand which is really helpful if you're lazy like me. It holds the 3DS up and at an angle, so you can play while leaving your hands on a desk and not have to hold the console up with just one hand.

I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. This is the first really good Nintendo game I've played in a long time. I'm so glad they held off on releasing it until it was truly done.

Oh, and I haven't even tried the 3D yet.

(also check out the music)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 24, 2012, 09:11:04 AM »

Looks like I gotta buy Kid Icarus, then. I was really hoping it'd be good and this is really pleasing to hear!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic