Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 03:10:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBunker Mentality (Turn Based Top Down Strategy RPG Game)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Bunker Mentality (Turn Based Top Down Strategy RPG Game)  (Read 8697 times)
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2013, 11:55:55 AM »

The graphics remind me of old shareware games. Heh.

Sounds good though. I downloaded the demo on the site to try it out.

Yodhe
Level 0

Flying Lasanga

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 08:21:04 AM »

"The graphics remind me of old shareware games. Heh."

Not sure how to take that, so I will take it as a nostalgic compliment, though it's probably because all the graphics (and pretty much everything else) were made by me, it would be lovely to get an artist in to do some nice eye-candy, but funds won't allow at the moment.

I've updated the game, to include a launcher, which you can update the game from within, and a few other bits of polish, to make it run faster amongst other things.

Bunker Mentality - Post Apocalyptic Squad Turn Based Strategy RPG - http://www.justanotherturn.com
Yodhe
Level 0

Flying Lasanga

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 02:31:49 AM »

I've added a Linux (debian) compile of the game on the download page (www.justanotherturn).

Also in the game when firing ranged weapons you get the option of three types of firing, Aimed, Normal and Rapid, each taking respectively - 75%,50% and 33%(modified by your FIREARMS talent), of your total turn moves.

Bunker Mentality - Post Apocalyptic Squad Turn Based Strategy RPG - http://www.justanotherturn.com
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2013, 04:07:22 AM »

"The graphics remind me of old shareware games. Heh."

Not sure how to take that, so I will take it as a nostalgic compliment, though it's probably because all the graphics (and pretty much everything else) were made by me, it would be lovely to get an artist in to do some nice eye-candy, but funds won't allow at the moment.
It was a nostalgic compliment, yeah. The style of the icons and the pre-rendered 3D eye in the UI are namely what gave me that vibe, if you were wondering.

Yodhe
Level 0

Flying Lasanga

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »

Been making a lot of progress, having moved development over to linux (Xubuntu), so have been taking full advantage of the debugging and profilling software to speed up the game, and get rid of some niggling bugs so the game is fairly stable,
even if the AI is still somewhat flaky.

I've also been getting ready to make the transition from using Allegro 4.4.2 to Allegro 5.1.7+ which is a new API, but supports hardware acceleration so I can have fun with stuff like pixel shaders, as well as allow me to do port to Android/Rasberry, and Mac/iOS as well as Windows/Linux. It will also allow me to do things easier, like having a transparent GUI/HUD and text to reveal more of the gameplay.
Also it will make it easier to ultimately transform the game from a 2D pixel top-down view to eventually a 3d one.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic