Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 10:50:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWizards N' Forgs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wizards N' Forgs  (Read 580 times)
hawksprite
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:27:50 PM »

Wizards N Forgs is best described as a tower defense/line wars/hack and slash mix with the full aspects of a multiple upgrade path tower defense game while fully incorporating waves of both enemy and allied NPC’s duking it out with intentions of destroying the other person’s core.  Inside of all this mayhem you are also a playable character running around building up towers and using the support of your ally shadowlings and abilities to push through the enemy ranks.

In total there are 11 towers and 9 abilities.  All of these have multiple upgrades available for them along with base character stat upgrades that aid in the use of your chosen assets.  At the start of each level you need to pick from your pool of unlocked towers and abilities to decide which you want to take into battle. In battle you will be attempting to take down the enemy in the magical world of Wizards N Forgs, going from island to island trying to push back enemy’s to control key islands and strategic points for extra resources that you’ll need to build up the forces necessary to finally crush the opposing forces and steal the enemy wizards crystal.

• Upgrade Paths for all abilities and towers
  • 2 Primary Methods of playing each level
  • Fast Paced Strategic Gameplay
  • Choice Between 11 Towers and 9 Abilities for every level
  • Limited to 5 towers and 3 active ability slots

(I can't get these damn lists to indent so this will have to suffice till I figure it out)

• Tower List
  • Fireball
  • Thunderclap
  • Heal Aura
  • Blue wisp
  • Glaive Thrower
  • Spawn Towers
  • Basic’ling
  • Magic’ling
  • Swamp’ling
  • Ranger’ling
  • Tank’ling
  • Knight’ling
  • Abilities

• Projectile Slot
  • Fireball
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Frostbolt
  • AOE Slot
  • Toxic AOE
  • Shock AOE
  • Health AOE
  • Self Slot
  • Health Self
  • Heal over time
  • Shield

Notes:
I'm going to leave the upper part in tact and make all my main changes/status/messages etc down in this section.

Weve been slaving away at balancing towers and minion's in game along with polishing out controls.  The actual game play mechanics are fairly well developed out but since we're still using effectively grey squares for assets I don't have screen shots but i'll probably be releasing some pre-alpha gameplay browser version to get some feedback.

Should of said this earlier but we're using Unity, planning to have our main release on Android but also in Chrome and possibly the Windows 8 Store.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:28:41 PM by hawksprite » Logged

hawksprite
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 10:26:57 PM »

Here's some concept art for a lightning tower:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic