Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 04:34:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTelemetry
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Telemetry  (Read 737 times)
hmm
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2011, 02:53:41 AM »

Telemetry

About

My newest game/toy. Inspired by the likes of lunar lander and asteroids, you take remote control of a little spacecraft that's deep inside an asteroid riddled with caves.

The asteroid is randomly generated based on the 'input drone id' you provide, much like my previous game Mt..

In keeping with the title, you only receive data about the environment that the drone is capable of sensing. Thus the field of view is restricted to a convex shape around the drone defined by its distance sensor readings. And so navigating the asteroid caves becomes much like navigating a maze, with the aim of reaching the surface.

Gravity within and around the asteroid is accurately simulated (sortof), and its strength and direction are represented by the saturation and hue of the background colour. 'c' toggles colour blind mode, where gravity is represented by a line from the drone.

Feedback?

The game has a very simple design; I even removed sound, story and goals. I hope you enjoy it that way, but would welcome any feedback and criticism (constructive and soul destroying both equally welcome). Thanks!

Links

Browser

Download - fullscreen and beautiful

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic