Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:48:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallJust released is "ROSSLYN - The Templar Mystery"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Just released is "ROSSLYN - The Templar Mystery"  (Read 1307 times)
StuOvine
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2011, 03:28:20 AM »

Just released is "ROSSLYN - The Templar Mystery".      (http://rosslyn.ovine.net )  (download at http://rosslyn.ovine.net/dload.html )

The game came about after our lead graphics member "had a dream" that we had already done the game and indeed had remembered enough of the dream to start the game design. The actual architecture of the Chapel was used - with some artistic licence added here and there. 

The aim of the game is to solve the 50 puzzles (in order) left to you in the form of a battered old diary left by your grandfather.   Use the index on the first page to decipher the solution to your current puzzle.

The game is set in the Rosslyn Chapel (made popular by the "Da Vinci Code" ) and is controlled by using the usual FPS keys and mouse combination (all redefine-able in game), To solve the puzzles you have to interact with objects and surroundings to ultimately unlock the games conclusion.  By using the mouse you can "use", "take","push", "pull" and rotate objects.

Its aimed at the more casual/adventure gamer  with an autosave after every puzzle means that the game can be put down and restarted at at point without having to start from the beginning.

Some puzzles are harder than others and should keep people entertained. 

Windows only.
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:50:07 PM »

I enjoyed this a lot. Thanks for making it.

The mood is really well done and the music is fantastic.

For the puzzles, only #8 gave me some trouble. The image in the book doesn't match the actual environment (intentional?), so it took me a long time to first pinpoint the location, then to try everything possible related to it.

Also, Rocky Memphis kicks ass. I played through that game as well when it was released and loved it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic