Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:46:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHelp Me, I Am Drowning
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help Me, I Am Drowning  (Read 1219 times)
ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2011, 02:11:11 AM »

Here is a link to my first release. I was asked to make a new thread for it. It's an intermediate, learning thing. IT IS NOT ZLYTHY! And it's not much of a game either. It's actually based on a nightmare. It is tangentially related but again, THIS IS NOT ZLYTHY! Windows only, 123MB: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2929782/Install-hmiad_v1.0.zip

I Dream of Ghosts devlogs: Official and Tigsource. Finished game: Super Brick Bros 2: A Machine for Bricks TURBO!
KoryWazHere
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 03:15:20 AM »

The atmosphere is great, lovely... but what am I meant to be doing?

Indie 4 Life
ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »

Swim around, listen to the music, then drown. Lol, that's all there is to it.

I Dream of Ghosts devlogs: Official and Tigsource. Finished game: Super Brick Bros 2: A Machine for Bricks TURBO!
Nix
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 02:22:01 PM »

art gam
ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »

More or less. Smiley

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 06:44:38 PM »

I enjoyed it. Very simple, I wish you were a bit more ambitious with it, but I suppose that's what Zlythy is for. Do keep in mind a purpose or that drives the experience, or at least pieces of ideas that can be put together afterwords if you want to be more dreamlike.

It's probably too simple/generically sad for anyone to take seriously, but I love little word experiences like this.

ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 01:58:03 AM »

I enjoyed it. Very simple, I wish you were a bit more ambitious with it, but I suppose that's what Zlythy is for. Do keep in mind a purpose or that drives the experience, or at least pieces of ideas that can be put together afterwords if you want to be more dreamlike.

It's probably too simple/generically sad for anyone to take seriously, but I love little word experiences like this.

Thanks for the feedback! First and foremost, it was a learning experience. For Zlythy to be fully realized, I determined that there were a lot of intermediate steps I had to go through to get there. Zlythy is BIG. It's gotten bigger. The funny thing is, the Zlythy levels originally weren't going to be much more than Help Me, I Am Drowning.

Before I continue with Zlythy, I'm going to do a proper game; COMA is going to be a fully 3d hidden-object puzzle game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic