Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 02:07:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Why should I be so serious >:D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Why should I be so serious >:D  (Read 38494 times)
falsion
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2009, 05:07:28 PM »

seriously whats taking you so long. go back to gaia already
mr.mnml
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2009, 05:08:17 PM »

zzzzz. this is getting boring. can't you for example swear more or insult each other's mothers?
NotWorthy
Level 0

W/e doesn't kill you; simply makes you....STRANGER

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »

zzzzz. this is getting boring. can't you for example swear more or insult each other's mothers?

Very true - so falsion if you could please...

also: actual respect for this one cos true:

@Falsion: Stop provoking him and trying to be funny.

@NotWorthy: Stop being a dickhead, it won't get you anywhere on this forum.

@LazyWaffle: Stop pretending to be cool

but I'm not trying to get anywhere - Do I look like a man with a plan?  Undecided

300 characters is too much - I'd go freaking crazy and freak you out - let's stick to the pic's personal text
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »

It looks like this thread needs less posts and more assets.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
falsion
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2009, 05:36:21 PM »

Very true - so falsion if you could please...

also: actual respect for this one cos true:

@Falsion: Stop provoking him and trying to be funny.

@NotWorthy: Stop being a dickhead, it won't get you anywhere on this forum.

@LazyWaffle: Stop pretending to be cool

but I'm not trying to get anywhere - Do I look like a man with a plan?  Undecided

No, you look like a person who belongs on DeviantArt or GameFAQs.

I remember one time when I also was all like "RANDOM LOL XD SO FUNNY" but I was 12 then. You on the other hand stated that you were in college. That's kinda sad.

Seriously, be funner. You can do better than that. Come on, step it up. You can't just go LOL SPORKS HAHA IM SO RANDUM and expect people not to see that as anything but kinda retarded, and I mean retarded in a bad way, not the feel special kind of way.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:50:46 PM by falsion » Logged
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »

Let it die already falsion.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
falsion
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2009, 05:44:27 PM »

Let it die already falsion.

alright, with that said. i'm out of here. bye. have fun.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »

Well I'll be! Not only did you provide asset, but it's pretty great.

My Word!
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2009, 12:41:56 AM »

Well I'll be! Not only did you provide asset, but it's pretty great.

My Word!

Is that, like the only person that noticed? Hah you people are sad, so easily manipulated and distracted by my words, only pressing 'last page' just to monitor my actions and check whether a "witty" retort is required. I call that stalking!! but I guess it can't be helped can it, I'm that much stalkWorthy :]

But falsion is clearly not only wanting to lurk, but .. <_< .... >_> ... but I think he's after my butthole. I might need to get an e-forum-restraining-order of some sort.

Cheers guys and thank you Gainsworthy Smiley
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:32:17 PM by NotWorthy » Logged

300 characters is too much - I'd go freaking crazy and freak you out - let's stick to the pic's personal text
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2009, 04:35:32 AM »

Well i hope your art is super good otherwise it'll be very embarrassing for you.

He's starting out super great. Make 2 more pieces of that caliber and you're credible. :-)

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2009, 09:09:32 PM »

*A challenger appears!!*
OutofOrder's assets:

Sweet, ain't it - whoever doesn't like it can suck my hairy donkey balls.

NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2009, 03:59:43 PM »

friggin comment on Auto's work or something - he deserves it - its an awesome bg for a 320x240 type of game
or are you just a bunch of ignorant douchebags?

EDIT: coughassholescough - maaaan the wheather's getting to me
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 05:34:50 PM by NotWorthy » Logged

Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2009, 07:21:03 AM »

Wyvern's music is really good.
OutofOrder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2009, 09:04:46 PM »

*A challenger appears!!*
OutofOrder's assets:

Sweet, ain't it - whoever doesn't like it can suck my hairy donkey balls.
Actually, that was just a mockup. NotWorthy was too anxious for me to finish stuff for Assemblee that couldn't wait to post it Wink
Anyway, here's the final piece. I hope you like it.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/312/2/3/Keep_at_night_by_Out0fOrder.png

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »

OutofOrder, that looks really good.

NotWorthy, you need to chill the fuck out. You have some serious attention-seeking issues when you call people assholes for not responding to your thread quickly enough.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2009, 03:30:27 AM »

I agree with Chutup. You're not exactly winning me over with your posts, but... you're right. Wyvern, he's really good. That music sounds nice and would be of use in a variety of games. You're making a mean team. Any more 3D fancy in the pipeline?
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2009, 02:39:30 PM »

OutofOrder's assets:

Auto's castle with more detail applied
( NW: awesome ain't it? )

NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2009, 05:34:06 PM »

OutofOrder, that looks really good.

NotWorthy, you need to chill the fuck out. You have some serious attention-seeking issues when you call people assholes for not responding to your thread quickly enough.

Yah, exactly - what the hell took you so long... friggin.. slowpoke.

Anyway, on a semi-related note - showed it on public telly recently - HellBoy1 is awesome.
To any people that would care to respond AND did like HellBoy1 - I am well aware that HB2 is a piece of crap (or so I am told) - my question is this however - is it worth seeing it anyway? Just to know what happens next or will it totally rape the HB1 experience - so it would be like the xkcd guy watching matrix1 AND then 2 and 3 - and in my honest opinion he is full of crap because Reloaded WAS awesome - and Revolutions is at least decent enough.

Thus finally bringing us from offtopic to the point of this post.
I think "Karl Ruprecht Kroenen" from HB1 is an AWESOME character - and I pledge that till 12.11.2009 23:59 I will have SOME sprite-sheets of my interpretation of that character. (modeled, shaded, lighted and animated in prerendered 3d)

If I do not fulfill this pledge - the kind and generous and understanding Mr Derek can ban my ass for good. I assume that is going to bring him great pleasure and he is hoping that I do in fact fail. I do not know if it is a matter of e-penis-envy or just some deeply hidden low self-esteem which he has to compensate with his mighty ban stick - not my business really, nor do I see a reason to care. Anyway the consequences will be that one of my guys are gonna take over - someone that is not on painkillers and antidepressants - so yah guess that is a fair-deal and is pretty much worth it I think - AND no I am not on FU(K1NG mountain-dew cause that is basically carbonated pee. I drink pepsi thank you very much - and coke-lovers/pepsi-haters can kiss my smelly and hairy 3 characters.

[ON-TOPIC]
So I'm definitely doing him in the nazi.. black rain coat.. thingie ... style. With ze blades as the primary method of attacking, but also disturbingly accurate shots from his lil nazi handgun. If I manage to get to the part of making the death scene animation it will definitely look like he's falling to his knees - dropping the blades (though I guess it won't make sense because they are actually attached aren't they? but fuck it - it will be more dramatic that way n sht) and of course his mask falling off uncovering his lipless mouth and lidless eyes.

IF - BIG IF - I manage to do all the necessary sprite animations then they would be more or less:
Face towards camera:"
  • standing "cool" (legs a tiny bit split apart aka not military standing pose)
  • lowering his head to look to the ground like he does not give a flying fuck (with no weapons)
  • standing face to camera - head tilted up a bit (with confidence) him "activating" his blades
  • standing face to camera - head straight forward goes into a lil lowered pose (with the kind of "this is not how I like to do things" implication) him "activating" his handgun from his right hand
  • standing with head tilted down in "stealth" or "awaiting mode", hands behind his back then to quickly shift his head left/right perfectly horizontally to notice a threat
  • showing off (twirling blades not really attempting to achieve any damage)
  • dual twirl left and right while standing
  • dual stab left and right while crouching on one knee
  • perfect symmetrical jump looking left/right/forward (dodge - no weapon)
  • single knee crouch facing his head down (dodge - no weapon)
That's all the "turned to the camera" animations I can think of right now - scary cause there's probly alot more to consider

And then it get's even more scary, because you have to think about the side-view ones which will be the most important cause ze action n stuff - at least twice as many as the than the face to camera one. PLUS twice as many renders for left and right (mirroring is for teh newbs)
Renders from the back (face backwards) will be easy since only changing the camera position.

Also thinking whether i should consider doing two styles of him - when he's in the kewl nazi cloak and when he pretends to be "vulnerable" when killing "father" and having the final battle with RED. Not sure it's worth it though - would firstly mean twice as much rendering - and also for it to have any sense animation-optimization-wise - I would have to virtually model both version at once - cover/merge them with each other - control it with the same bones and modifiers - and just hide/make invisible -  for example the cape and hat in one set of renderings and show that weirdish ticking armor of his - and doing the opposite in the next set of renderings. That would heavily increase computation time since the transformed model would still be calculated despite it being invisible...unless id just SAVE and delete this for one render and delete that for ze other. IS IT REALLY WORTH ALL THAT WORK? Like ze nazi cape is the only cool part ain't it?

So yah - uber tired right now - gotta get some rest - and when I do and am more clear-minded I'll update the list and add the side-view section. So lurk later to this post if you give a crap.

So this would be a good time for everyone that doesn't discriminate my "potential" just because I have an assish persona - to comment, contribute ideas, point out flaws in some of mine, give me a BJ...oh wait scratch the last one... there's only guys here and ugly women - forgot - but what I mean you do know - TRY to be open minded and help me make this 2d prerendered character really stand out in the crowd - thus I ask "Go ahead, make my day"

P.S. ASS U and MEing that I do finish the character and make it game-asset worthy - I have a humble request to the better part of the coders that aren't just going to rape the potential awesome.
  • PLS - do not make this more than one character in the game - unlike HMD - there is no clones of Kroenen
  • PLS - do not make him into a single boss/mini-boss fight
  • PLS - how about he is a re-concurrencing  character - u meet him at some point slaughtering some defenseless guy - beat SOME shit out of him - something allows him to flee - and so on multiple times - and also perhaps use it in scenes where Kroenen is killing some guys that are on YOUR team and you can't do a thing about it cause you are locked up - too far away or whatever
    AND thus comes a conclusion - a "boss" fight - obviously he can't be THE boss - but he can have a boss fight ending - after a couple of re-concurrences as mentioned.
If I'm planning to put a lot of effort into this - I would like it to be more then just a 2min mini-boss fight mmk, thx :3

I agree with Chutup. You're not exactly winning me over with your posts, but... you're right. Wyvern, he's really good. That music sounds nice and would be of use in a variety of games. You're making a mean team. Any more 3D fancy in the pipeline?
I find it quite amusing that you are assuming I'm trying to "win someone over" and specifically "you". Are your instincts so blunt than you cannot decipher that I care about that as much as I care about how many intact blisters do I get in my next package wrapped in bubble-wrap?

No no no no - you're not getting off That easily with the pussy Ava/PI change :3
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:01:35 AM by NotWorthy » Logged

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2009, 10:51:15 PM »

Are you going to provide the 3D model as well as 2D renders?

NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2009, 03:28:32 AM »

Are you going to provide the 3D model as well as 2D renders?

Damn you for asking a decent straight forward question leaving me no room to mock or make fun of anything >_<

But - well not really planning to. Since:
  • I'm not an artists - I fake artism by just knowing how to use my software the way it was supposed to to make something look cute/cartoonish/cell-shaded/realistic/eery/dark/bright etc.
  • I'm shy and have too much self-criticism about how I get things done and thus don't like people seeing whats "behind the curtain" - the sloppy editing work and silly choice of shape modifires (thats of cource assuming you'd want the .3dmax and not the .3ds
  • I'm not gonna care about optimizing the amount of polygons used in the model, nor the resolution of the textures so it would be pointless to use that in an actual realtime 3ed game - unless you'd throw in additional work to make it optimised
  • do u want just the static model or the set of animations - and again what format?

Summarizing - I might release it BUT for a specific request of a person that deems worthy for his personal and personal-project use only and Id have to be at least mentioned in the "Also thank to ... for ze model"

In any case I am not releasing the 3d model for this competition - just on a person to person basis - yah, life's a bitch - I'm a bitch :3

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic