Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411543 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: vicemask

May 03, 2024, 03:55:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Cabadath
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Cabadath  (Read 45958 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2009, 06:32:20 PM »

The sprite currently looks like its contracting, not twisting.
For the speed thing, we could make him have a faster air speed than ground speed.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2009, 03:59:42 AM »

Or we could indeed give him the ability to teleport without attacking. It would still have a bit of recovery time, but less than teleport + attacks have.

I think he did the "teleporting without attacking thing in order to get somewhere" in 6 days a sacrifice, in a cutscene.
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2009, 06:01:44 AM »

I think he did the "teleporting without attacking thing in order to get somewhere" in 6 days a sacrifice, in a cutscene.
He does that in the ship flasback in Trilby's Notes, too.

Btw, I couldn't imagine him running around, or walking in fast tempo, but maybe his walking could be turned into a forward motion that consist of little teleportations? I don't know if it would look weird or not, just an idea.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2009, 06:35:03 AM »

Little teleports would look really weird. But maybe he could just teleport by double tapping forward.

Lo
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »

Again, Jigglypuff has the slowest walking speed in the game but he still appears as a fast character due to his attacks. Walking speed doesn't affect it as much as you would think.
It does when there are powerful ranged attackers like Liero and Iji. The Dwarf (speed 5) is about as slow as you can get without ranged characters having too great an advantage.
Then use teleport, doges attack and gets you closer.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2009, 10:42:02 AM »

Then use teleport, doges attack and gets you closer.
*sigh*

You're missing the point. If teleportation is faster than walking, then no one would ever walk.

Anyways, I think you're making way too big a deal with this. What's the matter with Cabadath walking at a brisk pace, like most of the other characters? A speed of 5 or 6 (on par with Dwarf or GK, respectively) would not be uncharacteristically fast, especially for a character with exceptionally long legs.

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2009, 10:47:11 AM »

No problem.Brisk walk is fine, for me anyway.

Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2009, 02:59:08 PM »

Btw, I couldn't imagine him running around, or walking in fast tempo, but maybe his walking could be turned into a forward motion that consist of little teleportations? I don't know if it would look weird or not, just an idea.

When I read this I immediately thought of an animation where he's sort of walking at a normal pace, but just before each foot hits the ground he teleports forward a bit. That way he would be walking slowly, but moving moderately quickly.

If you have a good teloprt effect I reckon this'd look pretty bad-arse.

I reckon it could work. (could you tell?)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2009, 10:04:32 PM »

Again, I don't know Cabadath very well but would it be possible for him to glide across the ground?

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2009, 10:10:47 PM »

Make him take long steps so he moves faster without looking like he's moving faster.
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2009, 05:25:04 AM »

Again, I don't know Cabadath very well but would it be possible for him to glide across the ground?
I thought about of that too! Smiley Actually, he never did that in the games, but it feels like something that would go well with his personality, and wouldn't be out-of-character if he could float. (Dacabe was able to do that btw, tho he was stronger then Cabadath.)

Make him take long steps so he moves faster without looking like he's moving faster.
That's also a valid point.
Well, when I said I couldn't imagine him walking fastly, it was quiet an overstatement. I rethinked it, and yeah, he wouldn't do that in Chzo games, but Indie Brawl is not a horror game, but a fun beat 'em up with less serious tone, so imo it won't hurt him, if he won't be that serious badass as his original self. Smiley

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2009, 05:26:25 AM »

mokesmoe- That would probably be best.

Lo
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2009, 06:09:19 AM »

I tried to fastly make an example (not caring about the detials) of how the walking replaced with teleport could work:

So, standard walk will be better I guess...  Shrug

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2009, 06:24:46 AM »

Yeah, that looks like we were just being lazy TBH.

Lo
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2009, 07:31:54 AM »

Well, I was. Tongue But imagine it with a better quality animation, I think it still would be a bit of overkill for a forward motion after all, and this is what I ment to show.

Btw, for those who not familiar with the character, check this video (it can be spoilerish):

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »

That song definitely needs to be remixed.

Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »

That song definitely needs to be remixed.

Which one? the one around 1:34 would be good, mixed with the one that starts at 47 seconds, maybe.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2009, 08:10:56 AM »

I think he meant Cabadath's theme. I agree BTW.

Lo
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »

I don't know where it would play. It's a pretty dark song, compared to the mood of most of the stages.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2009, 10:22:25 AM »

Possibly a defoe manor stage or one inside Chzo?

Lo
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic