Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 08:19:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1955883 times)
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2007, 09:51:55 AM »

Ah yes, welcome Rey-o.  Your work is quite good.  And someone relinquish this tutorial.  I haven't seen it.

rey-o
Level 1

'here i am, rock you like a hurricane'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2007, 10:41:33 AM »

thanks sega:-)

dereks pixel art tutorial can be found here

http://www.derekyu.com/extras/pixel01.html

cheers, rey-o
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2007, 01:10:04 PM »

Greetings!

Someone on another indie site claimed there were a bunch of elitists over here. Can't pass up an opportunity for mischief like that?

I have shipped one indie title and have been a finalist in the IGF, twice. I started working for the game industry as a software engineer and a game designer in 1992.

Sorry, I can't get anymore elitist than that...

I'm really enjoying the indie game scene. Hopefully, the majority here are finding it rewarding, one way or another. Feel free to hit me up for advice or with a flame-thrower. My experiences have been very annealing. There plenty, still, that I have to learn. You'll be seeing my own requests for help, time and again.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 03:15:33 PM by Musenik » Logged

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »

Someone on another indie site claimed there were a bunch of elitists over here.

Link? Smiley

sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2007, 06:19:35 PM »

Link? Smiley

Don't bother.  Whoever said that, especially if they post on OTHER forums, is beneath us.   Cool

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2007, 06:45:23 PM »

Link? Smiley

Don't bother.  Whoever said that, especially if they post on OTHER forums, is beneath us.   Cool
Yeah whatever...
On their forum, their new favorite discussion is how they can scam email adresses from their customers and send them unwanted "mailing lists" full of casual clones announcements \o/ .
And the reason we are elitists is probably because we don't have those discussions about, for example, how many ads we can cram on our websites before the customer looses track of the "BUY NOW CLICK HERE CLICK CLICK!!!" buttons.
They have no lessons to teach us... Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 12:32:05 AM by moi » Logged

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2007, 12:25:56 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Better keep my asbestos shorts on, tonight.

So, where might I find the programming language religious wars around here?

sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2007, 01:00:52 AM »

Seriously, welcome Smiley  And good job on the Witch's Yarn.  By the way, while I was joking about the "beneath us" comment (hopefully obviously), I can't speak for moi, and it worries me.

Oh, and I don't know what thread would be good to discuss your inferior programming language in, but the Technical section a good place to start. Smiley

Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2007, 08:22:38 AM »

Seriously, welcome Smiley  And good job on the Witch's Yarn.  By the way, while I was joking about the "beneath us" comment (hopefully obviously), I can't speak for moi, and it worries me.

Oh, and I don't know what thread would be good to discuss your inferior programming language in, but the Technical section a good place to start. Smiley

Hey, thanks. I'm already finding a lot of good stuff on this forum, and some darn cool people too. All I can say is, beware my inferior programming language!!! <HA!>

pyabo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2007, 02:58:23 PM »

Quote from: sega

:D
Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2007, 03:07:11 AM »

Hi all!

I'm Kostas Michalopoulos aka Bad Sector with this real life identifier:

I'm mostly a programmer (started at 7yo in GWBasic, quickly moved to Turbo Pascal with a mix of QBasic later and mostly moved to Delphi a lot later, then to C, C++, Java and others). Today i use C/C++, FreePascal/Lazarus and Java, depending on the task in hand and the mood :-). Although i'm better at programming, i also do some art :-).

I had a huge post written here with detailed background information, but Konqueror crashed on me while trying to find a screenshot from an old game and since i don't have the courage to rewrite it, live with this brief description for the moment :-P.

Some recent games i made are:

Nico Tuvla - finished at around 2003, released at 2005

Nikwi - finished at December 14, 2005

Square Shooter - finished a couple of months ago :-)

Currently i work at Track7 Games, in the production of Theseis, but i also do indie game stuff when i have the time :-).

I used to play wow...

...but got bored of it pretty soon :-P

EDIT: i fixed the images...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:31:04 PM by Bad Sector » Logged

~bs~
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2007, 11:18:35 AM »

Welcome Smiley.  Nico Tuvla looks interesting.  Though there's no way I'd want to eat undersea cake.  Maybe candy if it were in an airtight wrapper.

Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2007, 12:33:08 PM »

Welcome Smiley.  Nico Tuvla looks interesting.  Though there's no way I'd want to eat undersea cake.  Maybe candy if it were in an airtight wrapper.

Actually it's Nikwi. Shame to myself, i used google images to find shots for my games (even if i had some in my server)  Roll Eyes

~bs~
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2007, 05:57:13 PM »

Hi Kostas!

What do you think of working for Track 7 games?

Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2007, 02:17:17 AM »

It has it's good and it's bad moments. We're making a "mainstream" AAA title, so the strain is there, but the team is relatively -to most AAA companies- small (around 20 people including the biz people) and many of them are people i already knew before, so the environment is friendly and nice.

I'm a "new guy" there, only a couple of months and a few days -the game is under development for more than two years- so i'm not really able to say if things are good or bad. But so far things seem good and i like it much more than any other job i had :-).

~bs~
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2007, 02:10:27 PM »

... many of them are people i already knew before, so the environment is friendly and nice.

... so far things seem good and i like it much more than any other job i had :-).

Hey, good to hear it. Best of luck to you and you team. Hope you can spare time for personal projects. I never was very good at that.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2007, 02:31:35 AM »

Yo, just saying hi all.

Im a 3d artist from the mainstream game industry, who works on a little freeware rpg project called "The Iron Gaia", demo should be done one day Smiley  Been lurking here awhile thought its time I throw a post up.

sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2007, 03:05:28 AM »

Yo, just saying hi all.

Im a 3d artist from the mainstream game industry, who works on a little freeware rpg project called "The Iron Gaia", demo should be done one day Smiley  Been lurking here awhile thought its time I throw a post up.

If you've been lurking, then you know you owe us some images of stuff!

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2007, 03:21:44 AM »

Hey everyone my name is Stephen and I am a political science major (well, 3 more years lol) from Seattle. I just got involved in the indie gaming community and look forward to my game seeing fruition(I am creating a tactical/action RPG with a few friends of mine) anyways I'll see you guys around the forums....oh and if anyone has any game recommendations for me I am always on the hunt for new games to play(and then review on greatgamesexperiment.com lol...)so if you have something that you think is good let me know!

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2007, 04:13:35 AM »

images of stuff aye, well heres some wip junk from the game, keep in mind  most of its pretty wip. Smiley

hyperlink the rest to avoid the arrogance, and the theme song for the project Smiley

http://www.musicbypedro.com/music/Iron_Gaia_-_Lux_Aeterna.mp3
www.theirongaia.com/images/screens/screen2.jpg
www.theirongaia.com/images/screens/screen3.jpg
www.theirongaia.com/images/screens/screen4.jpg
www.theirongaia.com/images/screens/screen5.jpg

Its pretty much my expensive hobby/obsession for the last 8 or so months, classic rpg meets graphic violence, pure pwnage, and uniquie combat system Smiley
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 03:59:55 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic