Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411605 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 06:19:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1957285 times)
AllieKmedia
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8580 on: May 16, 2015, 02:56:30 AM »

Hi! My namn is Allie and I am a film maker from Sweden. I am 24 years old and live on an island called Gotland with my boyfriend and my dog Phibi. Ive been making films for many years now, and just started to make games on blender engine on my free time. I also takes a course in motion capture on the university.  Smiley

I am very intrested in storys in games. I like when the story is in the center of attension in a game. Games that i love is beyond two souls, heavy Rain, the longest journey trilogi and tell tale games.

Right now im making a game called Zombie Orphan in 3D.

It will be fun to see and play games from other game makers  Wink

Radin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8581 on: May 16, 2015, 08:19:32 AM »

Hi everyboy! I'm Radin and I'm an indie developer (more or less  Wink). I love retro gaming, arcade cabinets, and everything related to the old school gaming. For this reason, and not finding new games that I liked, I decided to make myself what would be my favorite game... and just published  Big Laff.

My website is www.radingames.com and very soon I'll present my game: Eternum to this wonderful comunity.

Thank you!
Ian64
Level 0

AnDen...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8582 on: May 16, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »

Im a 12 year old cool nerd named Ian who makes games even though he cant code. I use Gamesalad editors, and I dont make crappy editor games. I created the Mr Woo series. Mr Woo is actually my dog in real life.

MR WOO
Lunges in!
-------
This should be in Sm4sh bros
Queues
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: May 16, 2015, 02:51:06 PM »

Hi, I'm Paul, currently an indie game developer (in the evenings and weekends!) making my first game.  My special skill is analysing technical features which make a game great, designing game play / controls / progression, generally taking a logical approach to understanding what makes a players brain tick.  I can't program.

My inspirations and most played games are tetris, super-mario world & kart, Doom, Soccer Boss, Championship Manager, Civilisation, Rail Road Tycoon, Street Fighter 2, Gran Turismo, Fatal Racing, ISS (football), Golden Eye and more!

I'd love to finish my first game and be happy that it's '99% there' before releasing.  I'd measure it as a success if I'm able and willing to bring out a sequel.

The game I'm making is called Queues - if you don't know what a queue is, Americans would call it a line!

Best of luck to all...
VinG
Level 0

Somehow Here

View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: May 16, 2015, 07:38:15 PM »

hi my name is vinicio and i am new to indie games, i have always wanted to create my own games and im finally starting to work on my first game during my freetime.

because im already starting i am really excited to be part of this site  and im always open to advice and feedback, so feel free to tell me anything.

mondo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8585 on: May 16, 2015, 10:38:29 PM »

I have been making games since the days of the Gameboy Adavnce

Yo!

First game ever that I worked on was Scorpion King for GBA (I did tilesets).

The first game I designed, directed and produced was Spongebob the Movie game for GBA

The latest game I have been working on is Shantae Hero which has been super fun (I am the Animation Director).

I am working on a project or two and look to publish an indie title soon - I hope. Ha!

- mondo

Mondo
NinjaMidget
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: May 17, 2015, 03:17:40 AM »

Hello there!

My name's Ryan, I'm 25 and from Northern Ireland. I'm currently a PhD student researching narrative through play. Instead of writing my third chapter, I'm doing this! :D

I've always wanted to be a game designer, with the Final Fantasy series, Shadow of the Colossus, Bioshock, and the current independent game scene serving as the inspiration behind that dream. I've gravitated towards academics as I've always found that easier than my stop and start efforts of doing game design. Following the completion of this chapter though, I hope to spend time getting into design again through Gamemaker, and some board, card, pen & paper design.

Looking forward to joining in some discussions!

Current Project: PhD setting fire to my brain
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: May 17, 2015, 03:41:11 AM »

I have been making games since the days of the Gameboy Adavnce

Yo!

First game ever that I worked on was Scorpion King for GBA (I did tilesets).

The first game I designed, directed and produced was Spongebob the Movie game for GBA

The latest game I have been working on is Shantae Hero which has been super fun (I am the Animation Director).

I am working on a project or two and look to publish an indie title soon - I hope. Ha!

- mondo

O_o
Dude I own that spongebob gameboy game, and it was one of the first games I played as a child! Welcome to the forum man :D

mire89
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: May 17, 2015, 08:08:31 AM »

Hi guys,

I'm a new indie developer from Nis, Serbia. Started working in unity a few months ago... and made this little game https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.pe.mirfak
I really enjoyed making it, and I hope I'll be making games for a long, long time Smiley
cheers!
RolandJMoritz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: May 17, 2015, 08:11:31 AM »

Hello everyone! Smiley

I am a 31 year old indie developer (programming/design, recently started dabbling in pixelart) from Austria.

I've worked as a software developer on various non-gaming related projects throughout my life, but game dev was always a passion of mine - it was the reason I started coding in my early teens. After working on various (usually unfinished Tongue) projects as a hobbyist, I finally decided to give it a chance and go full indie developer not too long ago.

Maybe some of you still remember a little freeware game a friend of mine and me made waaayyy back in 2004 when were both still students - "Atomic Butcher" it was called, here's an article about it on RPS: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/06/16/i-like-it-when-it-burns-a-bit-atomic-butcher/

Up until now, I was a regular lurker here since around 2008 - so now that I finally registered an account on the TIGForums, I am looking forward to fruitful discussions Smiley

Cheers
Roland

Currently working on "Atomic Butcher: Homo Metabolicus"

Website
Demo
Facebook
Ian64
Level 0

AnDen...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8590 on: May 17, 2015, 08:30:25 AM »

Hi, im Ian Proctor, aka Ian64. I have always loved games, I grew up with Gamecube (I am 12 btw, like a videogame mozart), and when I was 5, I began making videos. Since then, my youtube channel has grown a lot. So then I decided that I wanted to make games. But, I cannot code, nor do I have the time to learn to do so. I became an expert at the Ganesalad game creator, and I have been trying to distinguish myself from crappy game editor people who make crap clones of Pong.

My first game is Mr Woo Land, a gameboy style platformer with elements of 3D platfotmers in there. It comes out for Iphone this summer and is based around my pets.

MR WOO
Lunges in!
-------
This should be in Sm4sh bros
noxoc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8591 on: May 17, 2015, 08:44:28 AM »

Hi!

I'm Nils, also known as noxoc/nerdismus on other sites. I am a Full Stack Web Developer from Bremen, Germany. I'm 28 years old and currently doing plenty of freelance work in order to save enough money until ~next year to spend a few months on one of my own projects. I'm yet not sure what project exactly, I'll probably decide what exactly when I'm more familiar with game development. Until then I fumble around with a lot of the related aspects and plan to create some prototypes along the way.

Also I'm a musician (with a band on hiatus).

supajackle
Level 0

im kyle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8592 on: May 17, 2015, 03:12:45 PM »

hello, Im kyle and I make pixels and sometimes video games

mondo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8593 on: May 17, 2015, 04:00:54 PM »

@ProgramGamer!

Awesome to be here. Can't wait to learn rad stuff! Smiley

Mondo
locksleyu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: May 17, 2015, 04:30:27 PM »

Hello, I'm locksleyu and I've been into game development for many years now, but only as a hobby which I do in my occasional spare time.

I enjoy other programming as well, but for some reason game coding is the most enjoyable to me - probably because I enjoy playing games so much.

Lately I have started playing around with iOS and have been working on a few projects, which I may talk about on the board sometime.

I hope to learn alot of different things about game development from this board, and see what types of projects other people are doing.

Smiley
SF Games
Level 0

SF Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8595 on: May 18, 2015, 02:13:35 AM »

Hi, I'm Scigor, a Creative Visual Artist based in Tokyo.
I make illustrations, graphic noves and character design, concept art and film creations.

I love video games, since the time I had my first C64. With that I started programming in Basic, creating small games or adventure with my friends. This experience helped me to develop interest for programming and electronics, even if in a very simple level, starting with web design. Later brought me to computer graphics and digital creations, and also to 3D art.

This passion continued to grow, and eventually I decided to try to create my own game!
Now, together with other friends and creators, we made a team small and we are trying to make our first game.

This is my personal website: www.scigor.com and twitter http://twitter.com/SymFactory.

Cheers!  Coffee

dammit
TIGBaby

At least seven shades of awesome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8596 on: May 18, 2015, 03:00:09 AM »

Hi!

I'm a boardgame developer and also the brand manager and copywriter for RetroEpic Software in Cape Town, South Africa. We do both client work and make our own games Smiley

You can check out our games and play our LD prototypes here: retroepic.com/our-games/
Akaibaito
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: May 18, 2015, 03:18:04 AM »

We are an indie developers from Taiwan which develop unique, fun, and simple games.
dmarques42
TIGBaby

To learn is to play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8598 on: May 18, 2015, 02:07:58 PM »

I'm David, and I'm and old guy. I look like this most of the time:

My interest in game programming is mostly because of my interest in education, so games&learning is where I spend my effort. All of the games I have developed (http://www.ideategames.org/) are explorations of how history and science (grades 7-12 and adult, not K-6) can be made a little more interesting and perhaps more fun to learn. I hope to work with teachers and their content next school year.

I was always interested in games, created a new strategy game for my kids every holiday, when they were young. (Now my son is a real game designer.) I loved playing the original command-line text version of Zork back when it was new. The first game I programmed was Mastermind, on a 50-step programmable calculator. (Yeah, a while ago.) Then I programmed my own version of Invaders for the Commodore Pet (whopping 64k of memory) when we had a Commodore in our lab, before the Apple II. Then I had a career, and only got back to programming games recently.

My games so far are very simple, just a few minutes to play, emphasizing content. I'll get around to more complex ones soon. One thing I am bad at (you'll see if you look at any of my games) is UI design. I have had some help, but not enough, so a big growth area for me.

My about page:  (http://www.ideategames.org/about/)

Cheers.
PrimeVest
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8599 on: May 18, 2015, 06:22:34 PM »

Hi im Jesse, im 24 years old.

Ive been following this forum for a while, to understand more about marketing and design.
I currently have 2 games that totally don't sell at all, so I hope to get some experience here. (not only for marketing but also design to make my own games as good as possible)

I am 90% of the time a programmer, and I have a great passion for making games since I was 13.

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic