Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411607 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 10:44:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGPapal Shotgun Gladiator [Finished]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Papal Shotgun Gladiator [Finished]  (Read 27454 times)
lukipuk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 10:06:57 AM »

Your game is pretty fun! Although Excessive Gore level is not so excessive (maybe its a bug, but there is almost no blood, just from one or two lions out of ten)
My high score is 115100...
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »

Your game is pretty fun! Although Excessive Gore level is not so excessive (maybe its a bug, but there is almost no blood, just from one or two lions out of ten)
My high score is 115100...
Thanks for you compliment.
I am aware of the bloodless lion bug, but have not fixed it yet (lets blame the vampires). Gore is particle based and I developed this on a pretty fast computer. I feared putting a truly excessive amount of gore would cause slow downs on slower machines. I did not have any slower machines to test it on so I decided to play it safe with only 20 blood particles per shootable object.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »

It's like Smash TV/Robotron, but with a shotgun weilding bishop. I'd have prefered dual stick controls, but mouse works well enough. I liked the graphics too. They have a certain charm to them. Good stuff.

zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 10:30:46 PM »

Awesome!  I enjoyed putting down the kitties with a papal touch!  I liked that you could shoot the lions off the martyrs if you timed it just right.  Made things a bit more doable further on.  I still didn't save 14 of 28, but I was close!

I would have liked the pope to be a bit more spry, but perhaps his speed (or lack thereof) was part of the challenge.

Cheers,
--Zack
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic