Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411661 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 03:56:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1967173 times)
DingusKhan
Level 0

I do stuff, sometimes.

View Profile
« Reply #9060 on: November 08, 2015, 12:29:23 PM »

Hello, all!

My name is Micheal, and I'm 18 years old. I usually go by DingusKhan, or just Dingus, when I'm online. I'm a computer science student in the UK, currently in the second year of my BSc. I never really know what to put in these things, so sorry if it seems bland!

My 2 main passions are programming and gaming. I spend a large portion of my free time programming for fun. I primarily use C++, but I also know C#, Python, HTML, JavaScript, and PHP. I have some knowledge of other languages, like Erlang and Java, but never put enough time in them to truly say I "know" them. I was introduced to programming when I was around 9, and have enjoyed building my skills since then. I was introduced to gaming when I was very young, when I'd sit with my father and play games on the PS1 and SNES. Although I went through a shooter phase (CoD, Battlefield, Counter Strike) when I was younger, I tend to avoid them these days. I have a particular liking for open world games, where I can make up my own backstory and plots as I play purely by interacting with the world, which Bethesda games are particularly good for (I've played too much Fallout 3 without actually "playing" Fallout 3).

Despite starting many game projects with a friend of mine (I'd code, he'd do art), they never seem to go anywhere. We're always working on a project, but we end up thinking of other ideas and starting something else. It's fun anyway, and it's good practice (my code and his art get better every time), so I don't feel bad for it. Eventually we'll finish something, but until then, I'll just enjoy myself.

I can't really think of anything else to put in here, despite lurking around here for about a year now. I guess I decided it was finally time to jump in! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Ulumulu1510
Level 0

I could restructure this code once more...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9061 on: November 09, 2015, 01:48:04 AM »

Hi Smiley !
I'm Ulu, a 20 something year old IT student who is really interested in indi-developement, but I have so far only worked in a modding community as a java-developer. I am sneaking around the forums to get inspiration and to see all the beatiful works others have done Smiley
arv0dz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: November 09, 2015, 02:29:23 PM »

Hello!

My name is Arvid, I'm 26 years old and a Graphic Design graduate. I've always been a creator at heart, I just love creating stuff (music, art, games, design, etc.).
One of my biggest passions is gaming, I've been gaming since I was a little kid, and the first game I played was Star Tropics. (I think? can't remember exactly...)

At the moment I'm working on a side-scrolling platform game.

uhm.. yes.
Brave Artist
Level 0

Artist and bro-founder at Good Night Brave Warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9063 on: November 10, 2015, 08:06:58 AM »

Hello tiggers! I've been lurking around this site for forever, especially the awesome "please say this is going to be a game" thread!

I'm working on a game with my brother. Last time we did a game together was over 15 years ago; so if you're really old you might remember squashing rabbits to pieces in Jump 'n Bump!

The game is Sling Ming. Check it out!

Oh, I do the art!

Sling Ming - Hang on for an adventure!
arv0dz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: November 10, 2015, 06:24:18 PM »

"so if you're really old you might remember squashing rabbits to pieces in Jump 'n Bump!"

Dude, me and my friend used to play the shit outta that game, IT WAS SO FUN!

uhm.. yes.
yackeroeni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: November 11, 2015, 12:03:13 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am Yannick from Leuven, Belgium and I am a big fan of indie games and have tried my hand at creating my own game in the past. I'm mostly familiar with the technical side as a computer science student, but am very interested in the design aspects of games.
I also try to compose some music for my creations if possible, but the graphics I have to leave to other people as I'm absolutely worthless at that.

While I've spent quite some time trying to make games I've never really released anything decent but I'm hoping to start getting some smaller projects actually released soon.
Kartter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: November 12, 2015, 07:47:41 AM »

Hello!

I'm Kartter and I'm an 2d artist. I and my friend founded an indie studio and we are working on our first game. Since I was a child I always liked games, especially those with 2d art. When I was 15, I became interested by creating games and started studying softwares like rpg maker and game maker. Now, I carry this childhood dream as a mission to accomplish in my life.  Grin

opgame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: November 12, 2015, 10:20:34 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Adam and I am a gamer / artist / indie developer. Here is a picture of me.

I grew up playing RPG games.. Chrono Trigger, FF6, Secret of Evermore, Megaman (SNES), Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore.. the list goes on. I love RPG stories and was a huge fan on Final Fantasy / Warcraft franchises. In highschool I started playing FFXI and got hooked on MMO's so naturally I switched over to World of Warcraft when that was released.  I played WoW into college and thats when I fell in Love with MMO style PVP.  I also played Aion, Warhammer, and Tera, but WoW PvP always had a special place in my heart.. I love playing Arenas.

As I got older I stopped playing MMOs all together because I didn't have time but I missed playing PVP. So I got hooked on Dota1 and in time League of Legends.  I've played LoL exclusively now for the last 3 years.  But I'm still yearning for that MMO style PvP Arena fix which brings me to why I'm here.. I wanted to make a game that can offer everything an MMO can (PVP-wise) without the excessive time commitment that is required to play a new MMO. 

That's why I started developing Overpower with a friend.

Were a small 2 man team, but we have a lot of experience. I have some AAA character art experience and my partner is like a programming wizard who created Quake III's most popular mod Urban Terror.. Together we've been developing Overpower for the last 2 years and look to release on steam come January 2016 (Our first game!)  Check it out below:

AndyC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: November 12, 2015, 02:34:39 PM »

Hey everyone,

My name is Andy, I'm an indie artist/designer/project manager. In college, I studied 2D/3D animation and game art. I co-founded a small studio called Lithic Entertainment. We're working on our first game together and it's a labour of love. My past work experience was in AR-game-type-experiences, but my heart was always in indie development.

I wouldn't say I have a favourite genre as my tastes are usually varied, but I'd say I'm a little biased towards Action Adventure games with a strong emphasis on mood/feeling/story. While I am not making that kind of game with Lithic right now I inevitably have borrowed from the genre. I'll start a DevLog really soon and get to talking about what we do. Wink

Loving the stuff I'm seeing in the DevLogs btw. There is a lot of inspiring work and it seems like this is a great community. I hope to be a part of it.

Cheers Toast Right
Nitramtj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: November 12, 2015, 06:50:31 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm Martin and am currently a front end developer. I got my start in programming from modding Blockland back in 2005, and have always had a passion for game development since. I recently thought I would start hanging out more around the community, local and online, so here I am. I tend to lurk, but I hope to get inspiration and ideas from hanging out here.

I am a big fan of sandbox multiplayer games, so I'm working on a framework to enable that in the browser. My goal is to allow live development while clients are connected to you. If it turns into something, I will definitely start a DevLog.

Hope to see some of you around!
Levi_S
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: November 12, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »

Hey hey!

I am Levi and I am with a community called the American Police Gaming Community, and I am an Admin and Junior Developer. We are currently working on creating a game called First Responders: PMF. First Responders: PMF (Police, Medical, and Fire) will be a high quality, accurate, educational and realistic first response game.
dybGames
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: November 13, 2015, 11:10:38 AM »

Hey Everyone!

I'm Ron and have been developing an indie mobile game with friends/coworkers.  I am a game designer/3D artist.  I have three other members in my team Programmer, Artist, and Musician.  We've been working on the game for 2 1/2 years now and hoping to finish it soon.

Little about myself, I have been a gamer all my life and first started playing with the Atari 2600.  I have been a huge nintendo fanboy up until the Wii.  I play games from all systems/consoles.

Here are some of my favorite games:
Super Mario World
Zelda: A link to the past
Civilization (series)
The Last of Us
Resident Evil 4
Warcraft/Starcraft series
Heroes of the Storm
Super Puzzle Fighter
Crazy Taxi
Rainbow 6

I see some really cool stuff here. I wish I knew about tigsource earlier!
Good luck everybody!
crusty210
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: November 16, 2015, 12:19:43 PM »

Hello guys,

Crusty210 here. I love playing games but making them is also a hobby of mine. I am in no way a pro at making them but I did release a game on Android platform recently and will be releasing it soon on iOS and I was hoping to get feedback for it from gamers Smiley
hugeowl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: November 16, 2015, 01:27:03 PM »

Hello Community,
Better late than never. My name is Bartosz Bojarowski and I am a professional programmer from Poland. On a day to day basis I do webapps in C#+.NET for living, but whenever I get some spare time from work and looking after my 2 kids I like to tinker with developing games (mostly in JAVA). I used to be a roguelike maniac and back in high school I've spent countless hours playing Slash'Em and working on my own (ASCII) overambitious vapourware roguelikes.
Cheers,
Bartek
twistedcitizens
Level 0

Pendulum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9074 on: November 16, 2015, 08:27:50 PM »

Hi everybody,

twistedcitizens is a 2 man group out of Canada, eh.

We decided to work together on a project which we are quite excited to see come to life. One of us is learning the ropes in this great adventure, and the other has a bit more experience under his belt. However, we both share the same determination and commitment to see our baby go from a single polygon, to being a hit in the gaming industry!  But since dreams don't always pan out the way you intend them to, we also know the importance of enjoying the ride, and to learn something new everyday. Ok, enough cliches.

Looking forward to get to know people on this forum and also check out what kind of cool indie projects are out there!

Don't be scared to say hi.
Troglobytes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9075 on: November 17, 2015, 12:09:44 PM »

Hi Community!

Troglobytes is a small independent videogame development studio based in sunny Southern Italy, founded by both industry veterans and young talents.

We love playing and making videogames. Our mission is to create hight-quality and innovative games on various platforms using all the new available technologies and focusing on storytelling and aesthetics.

We also work with other publishers and developers: from game design to 2D/3D artwork and animation, we can do just about anything related to game development and production.

We are currently working on our flagship title, "Tenebrae - Twilight of the Gods", a modern metroidvania developed in UE4.

There's some really cool stuff over here!

Lefaurnn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: November 17, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »

Hi! My name is Dimitri. I decided that I want to develop games for life since I first seen Lode Runner when I was 8 years old. My first games were made for Yamaha MSX based on Z80 processor, I even programmed its basic GPU. One summer when I was around 10 my father agreed with his friend that I will be able to use his PC XT computer during the lunch time. All I had at the moment was a bootable MS DOS floppy with Turbo Assembler. I was desperate to develop and play games so I developed my own Tetris with TASM. When I turned older the game my friends loved was a PvP version of a Snake game that we played over the local network in school. Of course, I didn't just develop games, I also played a lot from Warlords and Civilization to Wolfenstein and F117.

As I got older I realized how much time of my childhood I wasted playing games. Making games felt like selling drugs to kids for me, so I decided to do something else. With a great regret I quit gaming at that moment and focused on career in media, than turned to be an entrepreneur, sold my business successfully, went back to top exec positions in high tech, got MBA and a whole bunch of other boring stuff irrelevant for this forum.

The moment I returned to gaming was unexpected. One day we had an argument with my wife over how much time our son should play games. Her point was completely relevant: we want our son to develop as an individual while games have little contribution to this target offering a guilty pleasure for him that should be limited just like you limit number of cakes for somebody on diet. That was an aha moment for me. I realized if there were engaging and fun games that would educate him, the playing time constraints as well as our feel of guiltiess would dramatically reduce. Unfortunately majority of truly fun games don't really teach you anything, and good educational games are not fun at all. I promised myself to focus on creating fun and useful games. I absolutely realize I can't change the whole gaming industry, but every small win counts: every minutes a useful game steels playing time from a traditional game is the minute a kid or even an adult spends well.

I plan launching my first game next year and will share the progress in this forum hoping to find likeminded people that will contribute to my project.
MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9077 on: November 18, 2015, 09:15:54 AM »

Hello! We are Martelo Nero team. Composed of two brazillian devleopers and an Italian one.

Currently we are working on a game called tower of Samsara.

Here is a teaser of the game:

Terrytheplatypus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: November 18, 2015, 12:19:14 PM »

hello i am a person, i like all sorts of video games, but i tend towards surreal freeware games, particularly point and click adventure games and platformers. Favorites are probably knytt stories, knytt underground, english country tune. i have been making games with stencyl and other stuff for about a year.
Berend
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9079 on: November 19, 2015, 04:32:17 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Berend, I'm a 28 year old freelance game artist and designer. I graduated from the Utrecht School of the Arts in 2010 with a bachelors degree in game design & developmen, though truth be told, I never learned any coding. So the development part can more or less be left out.

I enjoy the creative part of making games, the creation of concepts, quirky ideas and designing how games look. In 2010 I started Digital Dreams together with Thijmen Bink & Geert Nellen. However, in 2011 our ways seperated due to a difference in company vision. They went on to create Metrico (to which I also contributed some art) and I went freelance.

I have worked on multiple well known projects including: Overlord 2, Verdun and as stated before: Metrico. Often I find that I am useful in more than one role on a project. Be it at game design, level design, QA or art. I seem to fit all and I quite enjoy the variation.

Currently I am involved in a collaboration with some amazing devs. We are developing Marooners, a party game for Steam. We won the Global Game Jam in the Netherlands last year with it's concept/protoype and were so excited about it, that we decided to continue working on it.

I will post a topic on our progress soon. Me and the team are looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks for reading and see you all out there!

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic