Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411679 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 09:55:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesBraid PC Version (feel free to post your custom levels)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Braid PC Version (feel free to post your custom levels)  (Read 25787 times)
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2009, 04:39:03 AM »

I read Count Zero.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2009, 07:33:39 PM »

I've finished Braid today and I thought it was just brilliant. I also had trouble with "that one puzzle" and agree that I was a bit disappointed by the general lack of difficulty in most puzzles, but it was still basically ideally enjoyable. Interestingly, contrary to an earlier comment in this thread, I actually liked World 6 the best, because I really liked having an additional object to use alongside the normal time manipulation.
By the way, I limited myself to playing through one world each day and I can very much recommend that (I just apparently forgot about that rule for the last two worlds, it was just too intriguing Smiley ). While finishing it didn't take me much more than about 5 1/2 hours in total, playing it for about a week and not just skipping puzzles I didn't understand immediately really enhanced the experience for me.

I'm just quite a bit disappointed that I didn't "get" that one specific quote in the epiloque, simply because I hadn't heard of it before. Still, the whole finale was excellent.

Summing it up, I think Braid really is a special game and very much deserved all the hype it got.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Kneecaps
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2009, 03:26:56 PM »

The two hour puzzle took me three days for various reasons.

Sad
PaleFox
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2009, 06:17:33 PM »

I was annoyed by the controller turning itself off, thereby pausing the game, so I had to occasionally press jump to keep it on. >.>

However, once you know what to look for, many of the stars are obvious in their locations. If it looks like you might be able to get somewhere, but didn't have to to get a puzzle piece, that might be why.
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2009, 01:21:08 PM »

lol I just remembered this

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3897.0

ULTIMATE BRAID QUEST EXTREME!!11!!1!!
A Braid fanfic by Tyler Glaiel

so liek, Tim wass walking a round his neyborhood one day playing with time when all of the suddens the princes sayed "help me tim you're my only hope!" 9reference to star wars rite there) as she was taken a way by the evil Black KNite. tim knew at that moment that he had to b the 1 to save her nd even thogh he culd revers time he new that some events wer destind to happen so he decided to go forward and save her than goin backwrds liek his last atempt. also the knite was glowing green so he couldnt affect him. Tim was mad now. he walked to the knigts castle but there wer GARD DOGS there so tim stood on a green platform and reversd time until the dogs turnd back in 2 fetuses n died (this took about 2 hours of holding down the time buttun and he got a star for it). tim then entered the casrtl and got past the goombas (or should i say, get futured the goombas lol) N E WAY (also tim's street) tim got to the black night and challengd him to an epic battle but he said "fool tim im actuially the GOOD GUY n u are jus on drugs n the princes has a restraning order on u" but all this did wus enrage tim even more so he turned into the INCREDIBLE HULK (lol no jk culd you imagine if he did tho? awesume) he reversed time and a lantern fekll on the knight and tim rescude the princes Braid and sayed "bitch you my trophy wench now foo" and left the building. But he forgot somethin so he reversd tim and placed a TNT in the castle then left and made it go slow moshin as he jumped out of the way goin NOOOOO!!!!111!!1! it wus awesume. It just goes to show that even the small can sucede if they try hard enugh so tim learne 2 nevr give up and he can do anythin. THE END.
Fuzz
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2009, 05:01:21 PM »

I'll have to reiterate the general sentiment in that topic.
archagon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2009, 10:45:11 PM »

So, uh, I'd love to try figuring out this "star" business, but I hate spoilers. How obvious are the hints in the game? Is it futile to even try without knowing what you're looking for?

(I have the same problem with Cave Story.)
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2009, 12:20:27 AM »

The stars are in such places that only the most dedicated glitch-hunter can find them, I'd follow a guide if I were you, if you would even want to try. (One involves staying in a single stage for 45 mins....)

archagon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2009, 12:39:12 AM »

How did people find them originally? Did Jonathan Blow spill the beans at some point?
PaleFox
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2009, 07:06:52 AM »

Well, a lot of them are basically in places you can see that you should be able to get to if you try very, very hard. Essentially, it's the same thing as, in other games, trying to break the game by getting outside the level - except there is a star there.

Some of the others are stupid, stupid puzzles like the one you have to wait for ages to get, but for the most part they aren't too bad. What you might do is just look up what levels they are in and find them from there.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2009, 08:26:32 AM »

No custom levels as of yet?

esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2009, 07:50:47 AM »

There is this site called braid-mods.com that has a few I think, but not many people dare to try and make a level that they feel is actually good/fun, I think.

PureQuestion
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2009, 02:36:02 PM »

I find it hilarious that the two most bullshit stars are the easiest to get, namely the one that you can lock yourself out of, and the one that takes forever.

That said, once you know what you have to do, all of the stars are trivially easy. I love the one in world five.(hardly spoilers. There's basically one in every world, plus two worlds have 2 each.)

Spoilers(Highlight to read):
Oddly, the earlier complaint about the enemies jumping off your head being required? You need to abuse it for 2 stars. One requires you to juggle an enemy off your head soemthing like 8 times in world 5, and another requires you to bounce a time proof enemy off your head 3 times in a row while going reversing time. These are my two favorite stars.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic