Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411710 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 09:40:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGameshey. theres a new underside demo.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: hey. theres a new underside demo.  (Read 7684 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 06:43:38 PM »

i know it's strange but he's referring to the original topic (i.e. the underside demo)

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2009, 07:18:25 PM »

I think their point was that the platforming in La Mulana was generally considered annoying as fuck.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »

La-Mulana is one of the best games I've ever played.
I played just a bit of this demo... I didn't like some of the platforming.
?

He, my mistake. I suddenly changed the topic of the post to The Underside without saying so, and now it is confusing.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »

well, just finished the demo. thought the soap thing was a little unintuitive but its shapin up real well.

It's better than Cave Story.

well it was done after and OVER cave story, so at least it should be better to be of some value...

as for La Mulana, i've played it years ago and i've found it a very bad game, or better, very oldskool and well done but not fun at all, and i've played some VERY ancient platforms too. That was before even knowing about the hype and how famous it was among indie gamers, so i wasn't even biased :\
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:06:18 PM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »

I think their point was that the platforming in La Mulana was generally considered annoying as fuck.

The only really hard thing in La Mulana is trying to figure out what the fuck you're supposed to do. Oh, and random traps are annoying.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2009, 09:36:46 PM »

I think An Untitled Story is the unsung hero of Indie Platformers.
Not enough people talk about it and it makes me sad.

Ixis
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »

Awesome game,

Found the platforming to be great (though I'm using an actual controller, so I could understand poor people forced to play on keyboards having trouble.) Well, hello there!

I like it about as much as Cave Story, but while Cave Story was more serious/weird/heartwarming this is interesting/weird/charming.

Had to use the patch (I was stuck at a part with moving platforms, spikes and no discernible way to get past until the patch.) Would be nice to be able to unlock/play the unpatched harder version sometime too though.
Hedenius
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2009, 11:57:03 PM »

I almost quit the game in rage because of the awful "tutorial"-section in the very beginning. Why must the game explain to me how to jump? Not only that, but it takes away my control and force me to go through alot of rubbish "dialouge". I also can't stand all the bad and silly jokes.

But besides the story, writing and jokes, the gameplay has been good so far.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2009, 01:49:19 AM »

I almost quit the game in rage because of the awful "tutorial"-section in the very beginning. Why must the game explain to me how to jump? Not only that, but it takes away my control and force me to go through alot of rubbish "dialouge". I also can't stand all the bad and silly jokes.

But besides the story, writing and jokes, the gameplay has been good so far.

same for me, i hate stupid tutorials, that's why the character that start the tutorial dialogue on my game dies an horrible death just after saying he's going to explain you how to move

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2009, 07:38:08 AM »

If you don't press down the text on signs won't kill your dog.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2009, 12:13:00 PM »

Please head to the feedback thread.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic