Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 01:23:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPIONEERS (Build 7)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40
Print
Author Topic: PIONEERS (Build 7)  (Read 150147 times)
Kinasin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2012, 09:36:44 AM »

Created an account just to say your game is coming along nicely and it has so much potential. Seriously this game could Dwarf Fortress level deep if you keep up the good work. Cheers!  Shocked
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2012, 04:56:43 AM »

Created an account just to say your game is coming along nicely and it has so much potential. Seriously this game could Dwarf Fortress level deep if you keep up the good work. Cheers!  Shocked

Oh, wow. That's really great! Thank you. I was just about to say that you should look around this forum because there are tons of other good stuff around but I see you already have Beer!

This morning I nearly got a heart attack. I still keep an eye on download counts and by yesterday it had slowly grown up to 300 (the Windows version), which is awesome by all accounts imaginable. Combine that with another 300 from the IndieDB site and I'd say that it has done really good. This morning, however, the download count had rocketed up to 4793! All thanks to this little blog mention I guess Smiley

Insane!

As a sidenote, the Mac version has only been downloaded like 30 times in total up to this point. I guess it's about finding the right outlet because even if a link to Mac version is included, most gaming blogs and sites are mostly visited by PC gamers. Anyway, that has not deterred me from keeping things cross-platform. For those interested, the previous build of Pioneers was downloaded (Win/Mac) 307/21 times and my previous game Slide Them Boxes 126/62 times in total. I think these are pretty interesting figures and it tells me I should start promoting the Mac version (changing from none to little promotion).

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2012, 09:34:08 AM »

Good job with all them downloads. I used roguebasin to promote some of my games (both got around 500 downloads in a short period of time) and I think that any site linking to your game helps a lot
Houndninja
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2012, 04:57:19 PM »

I liek dis gayme its sa gooooooooood
soz am tired dunt knuu how 2 english  Tired
1 of best gaymes i fond on dese 4rums, it be outrageous gooood!
Kinasin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2012, 09:35:48 PM »

Created an account just to say your game is coming along nicely and it has so much potential. Seriously this game could Dwarf Fortress level deep if you keep up the good work. Cheers!  Shocked

Oh, wow. That's really great! Thank you. I was just about to say that you should look around this forum because there are tons of other good stuff around but I see you already have Beer!

This morning I nearly got a heart attack. I still keep an eye on download counts and by yesterday it had slowly grown up to 300 (the Windows version), which is awesome by all accounts imaginable. Combine that with another 300 from the IndieDB site and I'd say that it has done really good. This morning, however, the download count had rocketed up to 4793! All thanks to this little blog mention I guess Smiley

Insane!

As a sidenote, the Mac version has only been downloaded like 30 times in total up to this point. I guess it's about finding the right outlet because even if a link to Mac version is included, most gaming blogs and sites are mostly visited by PC gamers. Anyway, that has not deterred me from keeping things cross-platform. For those interested, the previous build of Pioneers was downloaded (Win/Mac) 307/21 times and my previous game Slide Them Boxes 126/62 times in total. I think these are pretty interesting figures and it tells me I should start promoting the Mac version (changing from none to little promotion).

Right on, that's awesome. Just keep up the good work and good things are sure to follow!  Beer!
Kinasin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »

Can't wait for next build. Hope development is going smoothly. Smiley
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2012, 12:58:14 AM »

Can't wait for next build. Hope development is going smoothly. Smiley

I was planning on finishing up sometime this week but life has its own plans (as usual) ...

My father was seriously ill and last Wednesday night he passed away. He's the one who got me interested in computers in the first place and often brought new and interesting computer and other technology stuff home for me and we had a blast exploring those. I was the 'made' guy among my friends as a kid.

He was very much a technical person but also an artist as he drew very well and he liked creating things. I like to think I'm also like that. I'm sad I never got to show him the game I'm working on as it combines the technical aspects with artistic things. He would've probably liked it. He was also an avid DOOM player, another thing we had in common Smiley

Maybe I should work on the game to get my thoughts away from the whole thing but I'm not promising anything. I'll get back to it when I can.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2012, 02:28:38 AM »

Hi Eigen,

My father also passed away a few months ago, and he also got me into computers and programming. So I know how you are feeling.

Take care, I'll be thinking of you.
Richard
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2012, 01:40:56 PM »

Richard, thank you. I really appreciate it. Things are gloomy right now but they'll get better, I know. Everything happens for a reason has always been my philosophy - I re-connected with my half-sister so that's good. I also did a lot of reflecting on life which is also good.

As for the game ...

I liek dis gayme its sa gooooooooood
soz am tired dunt knuu how 2 english  Tired
1 of best gaymes i fond on dese 4rums, it be outrageous gooood!

Thanks, I guess Smiley

IndieGamesDig
Level 0

asdfjkl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2012, 08:10:57 AM »

I'm really sorry to hear that Eigen. Your game thus far is easy to appreciate (as you should already know by from the attention it's already getting), so I think it's a safe bet that your dad would've been pretty impressed with your work.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »

Hugs to you, man.
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2012, 11:17:01 PM »

I'm really sorry to hear that Eigen. Your game thus far is easy to appreciate (as you should already know by from the attention it's already getting), so I think it's a safe bet that your dad would've been pretty impressed with your work.

Thank you. I'm sure he would've liked it. Yes, the positive feedback I've gotten to this game right from the beginning has been really great and encouraging. And a bit surprising as I expected it to fade into the noise as the current game development scene is very busy and noisy where new and awesome projects appear each day. But as it manages to stand out a little even in its current shape and form is really motivating.

Hugs to you, man.

Appreciated Smiley

In case anyone's wondering, the reason I'm writing about stuff like that in here is when someone goes trough the devlog from the beginning, I want them to see the ups and downs the project and the developer go trough to better understand the final product, where certain decisions are made and where things slow down or speed up.

Kinasin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2012, 10:27:57 AM »

Sorry to hear about your father passing away may he rest in peace.
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »

Hi Eigen. I'm new to the forums (actually lurked for years), but felt like stopping by to say I'm sorry for your loss.

I would also add, I'm pretty sure he's watching over you and your work now, so keep up with the good work and make him even prouder.

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2012, 03:46:18 AM »

Kinasin & Bandreus, thank you both very much. I appreciate it.

I'm going to get back to work and to make things interesting, I decided to give the whole livestreaming the development session a go. I'm not sure for how long it's going to be online, but I have some things I should complete in the game and it'll take a few hours for sure.

You should be able to see the good stuff here:

http://www.twitch.tv/playfulmongoose

See you! Smiley

edit: Also, glimpses of current state of the whole game with lots of new stuff!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:20:31 AM by Eigen » Logged

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2012, 04:44:25 AM »

Watching your stream. Pity you're experiencing issues with the twitch chat!

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2012, 05:06:44 AM »

Watching your stream. Pity you're experiencing issues with the twitch chat!

I know, I don't know what's going on but oh well. I'll get back to coding now, the map mockupping didn't quite work, I need to think about it some more. I have some dialog windows I need to work on instead.

edit: Now the whole site seems to be down. Oh noez, I broke my Internets.
edit2: The chat seems to be working now, so come and chat with me Smiley
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:39:20 AM by Eigen » Logged

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2012, 07:46:54 AM »

The stream is still going, so if anyone's interested, feel free to join.

Currently I'm working on character dialog windows which in overall scheme of things is a step closer to the next release, which probably happens sometime in the next few days.

Some of the basic functionality of the town is implemented, currently missing are the quests and the world map. That will come later. At the moment, when sailing out, the game picks a random size and type for the map. All those changes may not seem like much but internally it does and it has been a lot of work. The gameplay itself has not received much updates apart from some animals wandering around. That will definitely be my next goal.

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2012, 12:24:40 PM »

Thanks for doing the screencast, and answering my questions. I enjoy watching other people's workflow/process!

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2012, 04:09:40 PM »

Sadly I had to focus on some work related stuff, so I stopped watching at one point. But I did appreciate you taking the effort to stream the development process. I'll be more than glad to watch you coding/designing and interacting more if I have the chance (also subscribed to your twitch channel!).

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic