Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411548 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58441 Members - Latest Member: vicemask

May 03, 2024, 05:40:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDoomRL 0.9.9.6
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6  (Read 6106 times)
iffi
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 12:08:58 AM »

To save you have to press "S" instead of ">" when on top of a staircase to the next level (I'm not sure what the controls are for the mouse interface). If it's feasible to implement, the ability to save in the middle of a level would be very convenient for me, since I'm always getting interrupted in the middle of a level.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2012, 12:15:50 AM »

it's probably a save-scumming prevention thing, not a "feasibility" thing

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
iffi
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 12:20:46 AM »

Not sure what you mean by that, considering that you can still save-scum with the current save system (Edit: actually I've never tried, so does it generate the next level when you load the game or when you save it? That would make a small difference if you decided to copy your save file), and other roguelikes have allowed saving at any turn without major problems regarding save-scumming.
Zecks
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 05:38:31 AM »

it generates a new one

kornel is supposedly working on save anywhere though, which could be in the next version at earliest

indy games are a bull shit
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 05:48:44 AM »

i dont really mind it either way because the levels are so short and if i really do need to interrupt the game in the middle of a level i just leave it running in the background. its not like its a resource hog.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »

To save you have to press "S" instead of ">" when on top of a staircase to the next level (I'm not sure what the controls are for the mouse interface). If it's feasible to implement, the ability to save in the middle of a level would be very convenient for me, since I'm always getting interrupted in the middle of a level.

Ah ok, I didn't realize I had to be at a pre-defined point. TY

Dragonmaw
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »

This game got my friend Joe hooked on the RL genre.

bravo
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic