Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411642 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 05:26:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPlunder Peril - [Android] [Free] Fun, addictive time-waster!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Plunder Peril - [Android] [Free] Fun, addictive time-waster!  (Read 1475 times)
FTLRalph
Level 1

What?

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2014, 10:46:03 AM »

Plunder Peril - Can you jump, dodge, and loot your way to the top of the leaderboard?

Links
Free on Google Play: [Link]
Trailer:

About
Hey everyone, excited to announce that after years of making web-based Flash games, I've finally broken into a new market with my first Android game, Plunder Peril!

If you require a simple yet challenging time-passer, Plunder Peril is the answer.  The premise is simple - from a top-down perspective your only goal is to guide your character around and collect any and all coins you see – oh, and to survive for as long as possible.

Jump, dodge, and loot your way to the best possible score you can achieve.  Submit to the leaderboard to see how well you rank against others in the world!

If you enjoy a good challenge accompanied by fast-paced gameplay, give Plunder Peril a go!

Screenshots

Press Material:
I also compiled some screenshots, information, etc into a convinient zip file for anyone wanting to post about the game.  I appreciate any and all publicity and thank you!

[Press Material]

Thanks for any feedback / ratings / publicity / just playing the game!  Really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:15:47 AM by FTLRalph » Logged
Ronsho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 04:21:18 PM »

It's a cute game.  I'm not sure how I feel about the controls yet.  The fact that you have to touch exactly where you want him to go rather than just shifting left and right is interesting, and I imagine it could be faster if you get used to it... but so far I'm wishing for the incremental left/right.  It's also pretty difficult to judge which type of jump you should use, it took me a while to figure out that I was supposed to jump lower to get through holes which are hard to see.  Maybe a more intuitive jump layout wouldn't be putting the two different jumps to the left and right to each other, but putting one above the other... then you'd have to think less about which one made you jump higher (or at least spend less time double-checking the symbols).

Nice music, though, I'll give it another go.
FTLRalph
Level 1

What?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:35:58 AM »

Thanks for the comment!

It's funny, the controls were revised many times throughout development.

Originally I did have left/right buttons, but as development progressed, I felt it didn't fit right the game style right and switched over to the 3 grid buttons.

As for jumping, oh boy.  Originally I had 3 levels of jump height and you had to press to "charge" the jump (a progress bar would fill) and release to jump.  I really liked this mechanic but it obviously would never have worked in such a fast-paced game.

I've debated over specifically pointing out the two different jump buttons, but I was hoping the slow-moving start as well as the icons on the buttons would be enough to give the player time to identify them. I might change this though.

Anyway, thanks again for playing!

Edit - Decided it was a good idea to add some simple instructions before the game starts specifically identifying the low/high jump buttons and the descend mechanic. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:22:15 AM by FTLRalph » Logged
FTLRalph
Level 1

What?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 07:00:02 AM »

I've Google'd around and asked on Twitter but haven't had much luck, maybe someone here can offer some input.

Is there a source (list of some type perhaps?) of marketing/review blogs that post about Android games/apps?

I know about the "big" ones (indiegames.com, tigsource.com), but I'm looking for more achievable mid-level ones that I can get in touch with.
lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »

Maybe you could approach individuals, I mean, bloggers, youtubers, or people that write for review sites. They don't cover such a big audience like the other sites, but a few of them together could do something. I think it could be easier than directly contact "the site" as company. Twitter is a good place to start getting in touch with that kind of people.

Working on HacknPlan, the planning tool for indie game developers.
FTLRalph
Level 1

What?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 04:42:18 AM »

Thanks.  I've actually found that out relatively recently, the power of Twitter, that is. Apparently, part of the secret to getting out there and getting noticed is hashtags.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic