Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 05:19:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGame Maker For Begnners ebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game Maker For Begnners ebook  (Read 696 times)
sujit1717
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2014, 12:26:20 AM »

Hi Friends,

I am an Indie game developer from India. I wrote a book about Game development with Game Maker. I thought to share with you all. If i broke any rule please feel free to delete the topic.

Have you ever wondered how these games are created? Do you love playing games and also want to create your own cool games? If your answer is yes then this book is for you.

Game Maker for Beginners provides step by step tutorials for Game Maker to create wonderful games. In this journey you will learn about different type of games, how game works, basic GML(Game Maker Language) and particles etc. You will be creating four games throughout this book. In the end you will be creating a top down plane dogfight game.

Learning Game development is a very huge task, but with the blend of Game Maker and simple approach we can learn the basics easily. The games created in this book are created by Game maker 8. You can also use 7 or 8.1 to create them. So you don’t have to worry about having an older version of Game Maker. But using Pro version is recommended.

You will find:
* Step by step Tutorials
* Full of screenshots
* Focus on beginners
* Simple and under stable language
* Basics of GML
* Topic on various aspects of Game development

Total pages: 140

Contents

Chapter 1: Games ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 1

Chapter 2: Understanding Your Tool---------------------------------------------------- 5

Chapter 3: Creating Your First Game------------------------------------------ 15

Chapter 4: Creating Your Second Game---------------------------------------- 33

Chapter 5: Learn Game Maker Language--------------------------------- 46

Chapter 6: Creating a Platformer game-------------------------------------------- 59

Chapter 7: Creating a Top-Down Plane Dogfight Game-------------------------------- 86

Chapter 8: Creating a Top-Down Plane Dogfight Game: Journey continues------------ 103

Chapter 9: Playing With Particles----------------------------------------------------------- 118

Chapter 10: Finalizing Your Game------------------------------------------------------ 128

You can buy it from here
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic