Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 02:05:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[NOW ON KICKSTARTER] Snow Ash Land - Multiplayer Top down shooter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: [NOW ON KICKSTARTER] Snow Ash Land - Multiplayer Top down shooter  (Read 11624 times)
fahust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2018, 05:54:34 AM »

I just added a HUD tutorial to show you all the functions available on your HUD ,and all the menus related to your characters and the game

fahust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2018, 03:24:41 AM »

Update 0.81 :

Netcode optimization :
- The other players now have a more fluid movement
- AIs are sent in the netcode only between team players / optimization of their movements
- Economical system manageable directly from the president's menu

General optimization:
- The light and shadow engine is now directly and completely configurable in the settings
- Radar optimization
- Combat optimization

Fixed many bugs in the intro ,there are still one or two I couldn't find ,in case of major bugs do F9 then F11 to restart a new part

I added a tutorial to understand and use the HUD and the player's different menus

The radar now shows the current quest target and quest giver ,as well as the names of the different area exits by passing the cursor over them, more effective for those who are a little lost

I added a lot of quests and registration dialogues ,now just implement them and activate them in the game

Add 2 main characters with their dialogues and portraits

All slum maps were improved by filling them with numerous sprites and tiles, adding light and tags on useful buildings to differentiate them from the less important ones and give them lairs.

fahust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2018, 06:42:27 AM »

Hello everyone, we just launched our kickstarter and we would really need you to make the game known and talk about it around you.

If you want to try the game you can by going to the demo page on steam ,you will have access to all the basic features of the game and a few hours of games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1742390495/811739005?ref=328543&token=3a0619ca

Leetzor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2018, 12:43:32 PM »

I think it's a nice concept and the way you used the light in it seems really cool. Good luck with the kickstarter, hope you succeed!  Gentleman

Developer at Pixel Dinos currently working on Heroes Ravage
Artsicle
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2018, 01:41:57 PM »

Why do you need a kickstarter though? It seems like you have a lot of the base game done already, and if you made it this far chances are you can keep going like the rest of us. You're saying that with $7,978 you can fine tune the game more and update the graphics, but that's something you already have to do without money in game development, other than maybe hiring people to do it for you. You can try to release the game for some money and then just update it from there and you might have some income to help you out. And you can add more hours of gameplay in solo mode as you release the game in updates.
Sorry if this post sounds too critical, your game looks really cool, but I just can't justify donating to this to myself.

edit: apparently you already are going to release it on steam for early access, so there doesn't seem to be much of a need for a kickstarter now, because it's probably guaranteed that people will buy a game this good.
fahust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2018, 01:50:17 PM »

For the moment it's not taking off more than that.... but I made a vague communication kid of it, hoping it would get better in the coming days.

And a big thank you ,we have worked a lot on the different mechanics of the game ,there is a steam demo if you want to try ,the shadows and the possibility to play is only one possibility among many others ^^

For the justification of the kickstarter ,I would say simply because I am at the end of my unemployment rights ,and from there either I take out the game now not finished ,hoping to sell enough at once or I would have to stop working on it to go work at the factory like everyone else ^^^

Until then I was able to do so much alone because I had food every month without having anything else to do behind.

For that and also because I am absolutely not a graphic designer or sound designer ,all the drawings and sounds are recovery or help from friends ,but I would like to do much better visually ,and for that I need a good graphic designer ,you understand?

Forgive me if I don't express myself super well ,I'm French ,no aggressiveness in my remarks just trying to explain why I need this participatory funding ,and I really need it ,especially if people buy the game for 5 euros instead of the 12 the game of its release it's all good for people ,I don't ask much more ,and then 7000 euros doesn't seem to me to be an excessive amount compared to all the work I still have to do ,I work 10 hours a day ,every day ,for 3 years ,it may not be obvious at first glance but the game is full of complete and complex mechanics ,some of which are really quite new.

EDIT TO YOU EDIT ^^ : " apparently you already are going to release it on steam for early access, so there doesn't seem to be much of a need for a kickstarter now, because it's probably guaranteed that people will buy a game this good."

I really don't agree ,I'm not known ,absolutely not ,it's an everyday battle to have a few thousand unfortunate views ,and I don't have time to spend my life communicating about the game ,which is why the kickstarter can give me a boost in visibility ,and above all give me the means to be able to work on the game and at the same time give the games time to make it known ,because I am alone ,and there is a monstrous work to be done ,be aware that the game is FULL of mechanics that connect to each other .

fahust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2018, 01:57:53 PM »

And for the information, many others have told me "why release your game in early access" and therefore the opposite of what you propose to me by telling me to feed myself with the sales of my game ,and I want to say ,why kickstarter exists? for star citizen? ^^ (don't get me wrong ,I'm a star citizen fan)

If you don't want to help us support the game then it's sad because I gave all my soul and energy to make this game ,and if in a month I don't succeed in my kickstarter and steam sales, then I should stop working on the game ,and it will then be only the shadow of what I would have dreamed it to be...snif

But a big thank you for taking time for me and giving me your constructive criticism and at least considering my game of good quality.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:09:07 PM by fahust » Logged

fahust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2018, 02:59:11 AM »

A video of gameplay :

Artsicle
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2018, 06:41:33 AM »

A video of gameplay :

That video looks great.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 02:42:26 PM by Artsicle » Logged
nkm
Level 1

Ludere ergo sum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2018, 08:10:23 AM »

Looks good! Congrats on the job already done. I've played the demo for 20 mins, here's some feedback:
- text is a bit difficult to read, the font is really thin.
- I thought I got stuck in the loading screen but apparently my name was too short? I was about to give up and then it worked.
- during the tutorial I was able to do non-tutorial related stuff in the game which messed up the tutorial quite a bit.
- I could not abort the tutorial?
- the game crashed during the tutorial when it said that I had to press the red dot in the upper left corner of the screen.
- if I pressed ENTER then some kind of box appeared in the center of the screen. What was I supposed to do?
- collision handling is not perfect. Sometimes I bumped into a wall and my character started to tremble. I also got stuck into a wall once and had to restart the game.
- nice sound fx's!
- I would expect that pressing forward would move my character in the mouse direction instead of upwards globally.
- can I zoom in on the map screen?

From what I've seen the game looks promising! But it lacks some polishing as well, mainly in the UI department.

Good luck with your kickstarter,
nkm

fahust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2018, 04:20:46 AM »

Thank you for this very very very useful feedback ,I made an update with half of what you told me to fix ,however some of its points will be difficult to improve .

-"I would expect that pressing forward would move my character in the mouse direction instead of upwards globally."
No sorry, it seems to me to be more logical like that.

-for the name you have to write at least six letters it is written just below ^^

-the map will be corrected soon ,it's an old map.

The kickstarter isn't off to a great start yet, I'm trying to improve it, but it's going to be difficult, your help, even minimal, will be very helpful.

fahust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2018, 06:32:02 AM »

Snow Ash Land is now on early access on steam !!!

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2018, 06:37:35 AM »

This looks pretty awesome! Good luck with the development! Smiley

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
Award-winning Film & Video Games Composer
http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic