Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411607 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 09:44:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHacker Evolution
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hacker Evolution  (Read 6402 times)
exosyphen
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 07, 2007, 02:59:56 AM »

Hello everyone,

The much anticipated hacker game from exosyphen studios, has now been released officially.
You can read more, download the free demo and order the game, on the Hacker Evolution page:

http://www.exosyphenstudios.com/page_hacker-evolution.html

About Hacker Evolution

From the creators of a successful hacker games series (Digital Hazard, BS Hacker, etc) Hacker Evolution is a new hacking simulation game, featuring unparalleled graphics and features.
You play the role of a former intelligence agent, specializing in computer security. When a chain of events sets off worldwide, leaving critical service disabled, you assume the role a computer hacker to find out what happened and attempt to stop it.
When a stock market, a central bank, satellite uplink and transoceanic fiber optics links crash, you know this is more then a simple event. Something big is behind all this, and you have to figure out what is it.
You hack into computers, look for exploits and information, steal money to buy hardware upgrades in an attempt to put all the pieces of a big puzzle, together.

Set in a virtual operating system environment, the game is packed with all the features required to bring the hacker feeling and experience to every gamer.

The concept behind Hacker Evolution is to create a game that challenges the gamer's intelligence, attention and focus, creating a captivating mind game. Solve puzzles, examine code and bits of information, to help you achieve your objectives.

Game features:

Modding capability to allow the creation of custom levels
 Multiple interface skins
 Receive the full version of the game before the official release date.
 Complex levels and gameplay to guarantee the best experience
 Optional freelance jobs to offer more variety
 Complex command console with over 20 commands and tools

System requirements:

Windows ME/XP/2000/2003 or Vista
 Microsoft DirectX 8.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/directx/)
 Pentium® 1 GHz processor or faster, 512Mb RAM, 200Mb free disk space
 16Mb DirectX 8.0 compatible videocard
 Microsoft compatible keyboard and mouse
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 08:31:44 AM »

Hi!

What would you say differentiates this game from the obvious comparison (Uplink)?

exosyphen
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 02:25:37 AM »

Hello,

Well ... everything.
Hacker Evolution is more console oriented.

Try out the demo, and you will see it's something completely different.
Martha Stewart
God
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 04:47:37 AM »

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »

I saw this on the indiegamer.com forums, and it still looks like an Uplink clone to me. Look at this screenshot: http://www.exosyphenstudios.com/site-hacker-evolution/hackerevolution-screenshot-2.jpg

You have the multi-CPU board thing, the worldmap thing, the operating-system based GUI thing, (from your features list) the skinnable thing, a trace meter... even the email messages are in the same exact corner. I know I said execution matters the most in the other thread about cloning, but when it's this similar it's pretty risky.

I also found some problems that I didn't have with Uplink: the mouse movement was slower (it felt like it was lagging behind the actual motion of the mouse despite the high FPS), the minimize button on the help pop-ups didn't work when I clicked on it, which was unintuitive. The game was also pretty confusing -- so was Uplink at first, but this even moreso, the tutorial wasn't that great. And! It had that common but annoying it's/its mistake, which took away from the writing.

On the other hand, I really like the presentation and music, and the way it opened was nice.  The premise (which seems related to transhumanism) was interesting too. But it was confusing enough that I was traced on my first mission so I stopped playing before I figured out how to do anything; for all I know it could be a great game, but there's just too big a barrier of entry, even for people who played and bought Uplink.  Truthfully the reason I stopped was because of the sluggish mouse movement -- I hate when I move the mouse and the mouse cursor doesn't move instantaneously along, it feels all wrong, especially in a game GUI designed to mimic an operating system.  Maybe it's just my multi-monitor setup, I don't know.

jwalton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 09:07:21 AM »

Just out of curiosity, why ban this guy? I know its somewhat of a spam post, but isn't it reasonable that he might want feedback here? I mean, he actually replied to a post.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »

This bant picture is faptastic!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 07:39:54 PM »

Just out of curiosity, why ban this guy? I know its somewhat of a spam post, but isn't it reasonable that he might want feedback here? I mean, he actually replied to a post.

I may have been slightly trigger happy with this one, but I was 99% sure that he wasn't interested in feedback and just wanted to advertise his game.

In fact, it was his reply that convinced me as such.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 02:25:50 AM »

What's strange about it is if you're trying to sell an indie game you'd think you could do better than to advertise it on indie forums. The people here can make their own games, and probably aren't the best audience to buy them. It's like if you're a soap manufacturer and you go to a soap convention and start advertising your soap to the other people who make soap.

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 06:41:39 AM »

Arguably, we're the kind of people who would buy a stinky game just to support the developer.

Kind of like how crappy punk bands sell albums to other crappy punk bands because they want to support the culture.

jwalton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 06:52:01 AM »

No offense (and I'm not really saying you're wrong for banning in this case), but if you're going to ban cats on site for pimping their games here, you should probably put it in the rules/guidelines of this forum (unless its there, and I missed it)

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 08:35:22 AM »

I disagree, you don't need a no-spamming rule, it's understood as net etiquette on forums, especially when it's a person's first (and only) post on a forum.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic