Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411610 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 12:06:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDwarfCorp: Ruthless Capitalism RTS in a Fantasy World
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: DwarfCorp: Ruthless Capitalism RTS in a Fantasy World  (Read 100491 times)
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: July 01, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »

GODDAMNIT BLEAKPROSPECTS WHY IS THIS SO EPIC?
If this achieved nothing other than being an accessible DF clone it would be ridiculously good.
DF looks like a STUPDILY good game but it's so inaccessible, with ASCII art, over-complicated orders, INSANE simulation (the fat content of your dwarves is simulated lol)...

So long and thanks for all the pi
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 01, 2013, 10:02:57 AM »

DF's main selling point is it's awesome simulation. The main problem is it's presentation. Mostly UI/menus and lack thereof, but also graphics to a certain degree. But there are plenty of playable ASCII games out there.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: July 01, 2013, 11:45:36 AM »

GODDAMNIT BLEAKPROSPECTS WHY IS THIS SO EPIC?
If this achieved nothing other than being an accessible DF clone it would be ridiculously good.
DF looks like a STUPDILY good game but it's so inaccessible, with ASCII art, over-complicated orders, INSANE simulation (the fat content of your dwarves is simulated lol)...

That's what me and all the other guys thought, apparently. It just currently happens to be low-hanging fruit design wise. I just hope I have something to offer over the competitors!

coah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 01, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »

This game is really interesting, I hope the design works out (seems promising so far).

DF's main selling point is it's awesome simulation. The main problem is it's presentation. Mostly UI/menus and lack thereof, but also graphics to a certain degree. But there are plenty of playable ASCII games out there.

To be more specific DF is actually about simulating history. Relationships of dwarfs carry down the the beginning of time and as a player the point is to etch your own part of that history.
BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: July 01, 2013, 04:32:09 PM »

Threw together a little minecrafty drag and drop interface today:

It is also resolution independent (can scale up or down the graphics and it works just the same). Interfaces directly with the rest of my GUI layout system as well. Now to stick it into the shipment screen.

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: July 01, 2013, 07:36:37 PM »

Those are some beautiful item pixels.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 02, 2013, 04:16:21 AM »

Is it hold-to-drag/release-to-drop or click-to-drag/click-to-drop? Because in the latter you can optionally choose to let dropping items on non-matching items mean switching them, which is more efficient when rearranging your inventory.
Weilard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 02, 2013, 04:25:33 AM »

Good luck on Kickstarter. We will watching commander. Wink
In any case really want support this game and help to promote in all places where i will.

BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: July 02, 2013, 05:50:25 AM »

Is it hold-to-drag/release-to-drop or click-to-drag/click-to-drop? Because in the latter you can optionally choose to let dropping items on non-matching items mean switching them, which is more efficient when rearranging your inventory.

Right now its hold and release (easier to program). I can see how clicking would be more useful for a wider variety of tasks. One thing that was nice in minecraft was the repeated clicking for gathering more items.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 02, 2013, 06:02:38 AM »

Yes, plus the advanced options with shift+click are also very nice:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Controls#Non-configurable_controls
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: July 02, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »

Right now its hold and release (easier to program). I can see how clicking would be more useful for a wider variety of tasks. One thing that was nice in minecraft was the repeated clicking for gathering more items.

You could use click and hold to select a group of items so you can move a chunk of inventory around. Actually I dunno if that be at all useful. (I've been playing a lot of Rome: Total War. I think it's getting to me.)
BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #471 on: July 02, 2013, 05:17:18 PM »

Working on the order screen. Coming along.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2013, 03:37:18 AM »

Love the hot air balloon!

The stark white background is a bit too high-contrasty for my tastes though, I hope that's just a result of this being a WIP?
Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2013, 03:51:46 AM »

I love voxel bases games, only critic i would give you is that the UI could use some edits, but i think you know that and will probably change it when the game is near to release! Smiley

Working on the game and trying to help others on the way!

If you ever need tips let me know! I will gladly help
BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: July 03, 2013, 05:21:09 AM »

Love the hot air balloon!

The stark white background is a bit too high-contrasty for my tastes though, I hope that's just a result of this being a WIP?

Yeah it's a WIP. Those panels are supposed to be semi-transparent, but for some reason the depth buffer bit is causing them to be drawn over white.

BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: July 03, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »

Y'all can't handle my wooden structures

Kurt
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 03, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »

I had a heart attack while viewing that image because it's so BEAUTIFUL

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 03, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »

The innards of the house are very black. Will you add more advanced lighting later?

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 03, 2013, 09:56:10 PM »

har har! dwarve pirate fortress! fighting elves ninja since forever!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 04, 2013, 02:51:47 AM »

Y'all can't handle my wooden structures
This is true, it be too righteous!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic