Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 10:48:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Looking for pixel art...
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for pixel art...  (Read 1091 times)
Daid
Level 3

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2011, 04:56:21 AM »

I'm no graphic artist, I'm a programmer. As I hobby I like trying out new game designs, some work, some don't.

For this new game I was (am) looking for some free 16x16 pixel tiles for a game set in modern times. It doesn't have to be very high quality, because it's just as a placeholder. But I cannot find any, I can find tons of fantasy RPG style tiles, a few futuristic tiles, but nothing that kind of fits what I need. I'm looking for mainly indoor office building like tiles that don't look to boring.

Which surprises me, with the large amount of talented pixel artists around. So my question is, is there a place where I could find these tiles/sprites? Or should I post in unpaid collaborations to find someone to make them with me? Because I don't know if my game is going to work I rather not waste someones time.

Software engineer by trade. Game development by hobby.
The Tribute Of Legends Devlog Co-op zelda.
EmptyEpsilon Free Co-op multiplayer spaceship simulator
Toom
Level 3

You have to tell me if you're a cop.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:41:24 AM »

Unpaid Collaborations is probably a good place to start, but if I recall correctly, you can get old versions of The Games Factory and Multimedia Fusion for free off Clickteam's website now...I don't know if they come with the free graphics libraries of the retail versions, but it'd be worth checking. I remember TGF having some pretty decent modernish tilesets.

I'm gonna beat yer ass wit dis moon tree!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic