Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 09:32:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Need aid with graphics style
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need aid with graphics style  (Read 1679 times)
Strelok
Level 0

Worldbuilder

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:54:09 PM »

So, I'm trying to develop some graphics for a future(far away) game. Nothing complex, it's like a tabletop sci-fi war boardgame based on a world I'm building.

This is my first try. It's a piece, like the ones in the chess game it's used to designate a light infantary unit.

I need advice on how to do it. I'm horrible with pixelart, although I want the game made with it.
peous
Level 2

Indie opportunist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:48:29 AM »

Use placeholder art like http://spritedatabase.net/files/snes/536/Sprite/SFCW-Units.png
then maybe an artist will be interested in doing some gfx for you. If not, you'll have to hire one Sad
But meanwhile, you won't be blocked !

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 08:54:38 AM »

You've given the base holding the gun far more real estate than the gun, which is the important part of the icon. If that's 1x, I'd think it was a zeppelin docking pylon before I thought of infantry.
Strelok
Level 0

Worldbuilder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:21:19 AM »

To be honest I would be really happy if I could make something very simple but yet cute and cool. I just need some help with the style, how could I do it?
Strelok
Level 0

Worldbuilder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 04:50:57 PM »

I'm recycling this topic so I wont need to start a new one.

I would appreciate any help on ASCII graphics. I want to draw a house. So I would like help on what characters use as walls, end itens, such as television, shelfs, sofas, beds and stuff, also a character to use as icon to the player.

Any tips?
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 09:48:43 PM »

@ for player
anything for anything you want, just have stuff colored, distinguishable and examinable
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic