Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411679 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 12:18:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationTriagulon [demo 3: Ptime for Pterodactyls]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Triagulon [demo 3: Ptime for Pterodactyls]  (Read 30716 times)
BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 02:40:19 AM »

I'll have pteros in my next demo, I promise! Smiley I haven't worked too hard on the game since my last post, but I'm getting back into it.

I discovered a nasty typo in my code that may be causing the current demos to crash on some hardware. I'm surprised they at ran all for me, looking back. Anyways, I've fixed it for the next version.

Fun fact: The voice is made up of recordings of Microsoft Anna Text-to-Speech put through a vocoder. (With the pitch lowered a bit!)
zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 12:16:21 PM »

Sweet!  I love the ambience of the whole thing.  Sort of Tron-y.  I grabbed the pellets.  I wanted to shoot the pterodactyls.  I tried to shoot the head-thing, but that didn't help...  Still a great start!
Cheers,
--Zack
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 04:55:47 AM »

Atmosphere's really grand, as is just looking over the strange, polygonal vista. Oh, and God-Head.

However, a strange thought has dawned upon me. This is not the true game. The actual game is how long we look for Pterodactyls in this maze, and eat pellets, until we give up. Then it sends back to you, and you may chuckle evilly to yourself. Me? 10 minutes.

I'd love to see it done!

EDIT: I assume there are no Pterodactyls? At first I saw none, but then, after looking over the maze thoroughly, I was sure I saw one, far away. Though, when I got there, there was nothing unusual.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 04:58:32 AM by Gainsworthy » Logged
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 06:06:10 AM »

I voted for it.  The voice of Triagulon sealed the deal.  Well done mate, please finish it!

BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 02:12:27 PM »

Thanks to everyone who voted for Triagulon! I didn't realize at first that they'd even allow my demo to be voted for. But I'm glad I got to compete.

Next demo should be up in several hours.
BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »

New demo uploaded!

http://www.radiopoultry.com/projects/triagulon/TriagulonDemo.0.3.zip
(Demo version 3)

Still far from finished, but it's a bit more of a game now. No real ending, but the demo is more or less over when the glowing pyramid appears. Lots more to come!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 09:31:07 PM »

Yay, I can shoot the pterodactils!

There's just something awesome about this game. Maybe the aesthetic, maybe the sounds, maybe the feeling of being in an alien landscape of some sort.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 11:05:55 AM »

I recently tried the game on another computer, and it worked, but only after adding a dll file (d3dx9_36.dll). I'm uploading a new version of the game. The executable is exactly the same, but now the zip includes the missing file. If you have already been able to get the previous version (0.3) to work, then there's no need to download it.

http://www.radiopoultry.com/projects/triagulon/TriagulonDemo.0.31.zip

Hopefully this will get the game running for some of the people who've been having trouble with it.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 01:37:40 PM »

Cool, the missing dll fixed it for me.
I really like this. It's got the simplest goals, and despite the nice 3d graphics feels like it came right out of some oldschool game for a system that went obsolete before I was born. It's surprisingly easy to get lost, too - I could've sworn the maze changed a few times!
anyway, awesomeness. I can't wait to see what it becomes.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2008, 07:58:35 AM »

Screenshot please - am on PSP.

BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2008, 12:47:32 PM »

No problem, here's a couple:

Although, I shrank them down 50% and I'm starting to think that was too much.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »

Perfect, fits the screen nicely.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic