Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:34:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRed Nova for iOS Dec 14th
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Red Nova for iOS Dec 14th  (Read 1613 times)
CGSColin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2010, 05:20:54 PM »

Having posted my shameful story in the introduction thread, I hope it's okay to post the announcement of my game's upcoming release here Concerned

Anyway, I'm very excited (and more than a little bit proud) to announce the impending release of my inertial space shooter Red Nova for iOS. I've spent a little more than six months working on it, and almost all of the game is my own work. Only the SFX, music and physics engine were not created by me. It will be available on the App Store Tuesday December 14th for $0.99 and it is a universal application for iPhone, iPod Touch and the iPad.

If you want to check it out, I posted the trailer to YouTube over the weekend:

And there's a full-screen gameplay video over heeeere:

I intend on releasing a number of additional episodes with different gameplay/content as free updates, but in order to help support my continued development on the game I'm releasing Episode 1 with an "early adopter" price of $0.99. So you get a pretty snazzy (IMHO) survival shooter for a decent price with some free content in the future and hopefully I can keep working on the game, keep the coffee flowing Coffee and the kitties fed  Tiger maybe even hire an artist. Ultimately if things go well, the last episode will be an epic set of missions that follows the Red Nova through the war. Kinda like Wing Commander or X-Wing, only 2.5D and more arcadey.

The Story So Far

While on a routine mission to test a number of prototype fighters destined to replace the Earth Colonial Fleet's aging Starhawk, the ECS Red Nova, your carrier, comes across an unknown alien fleet preparing to stage a sneak attack on the human colonies!

In order to give the Red Nova a chance to escape and warn the rest of the fleet you have volunteered to attack the aliens head-on. With a choice of any of the fighters on deck, you have to use your wits, your guns, and your ample supply of homing missiles to survive for as long as you can!

Features

* Universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
    * Game Center leaderboards
    * Retina Display graphics
    * 3 scaling difficulty levels
    * 3 playable ships
    * 4 power-ups
    * 7 different enemies
    * Dynamic camera zooms in when things get intense
    * iOS Controller: use an iPhone or iPod Touch to control Red Nova on an iPad wirelessly
    * Dynamic touch controls for faster reaction times; no more hunting for fixed virtual buttons when it counts

Screenshots

Check out my games: Celsius Game Studios - Twitter
CGSColin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »

PocketGamer in the UK did a pre-release hands-on with the game yesterday: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/Red+Nova/news.asp?c=25886

Yay Smiley

CGSColin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 04:34:55 PM »

Just went live on the App Store in Europe (and everywhere else before that) Epileptic

CGSColin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 10:33:17 PM »

http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/13/red-nova-review-a-frantic-and-focused-arcade-shooter/ My Word!

CGSColin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 12:04:05 PM »

Got some other awesome reviews from AppSpy and 148Apps, charted in the Top 200 Games for a bit on Wednesday, and was even featured in New and Noteworthy in Arcade and Action games Grin

Unfortunately with the big EA 99c sale and some other hugetastic launches on Thursday things have quieted down a little, but still I'd call that a successful launch by any means!

raleigh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 01:07:35 PM »

Congratulations Grin
CGSColin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 03:47:34 PM »

Thanks!