Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 07:17:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWonderBros [now with videos!]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: WonderBros [now with videos!]  (Read 10495 times)
Moczan
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 01:39:52 PM »

Devlog Day 6
Today I woke up with terrible pain in my right hand. It's especially annoyingly painful when I use my right pinky. And I use it for semicolons, enter, backspace, sometimes both curly and square brackets. All commonly used when writing code. I wasn't aware how much "lack" of one finger can affect my writing speed!
But that thing aside, I've launched my first enemy flying today! In addition to hitting and pushing enemies on ground, now you can launched them into air, bouncing off walls and stuff. I still have to make sure the animations are right, but most work is done here. Tomorrow I plan working on attacks that cover the ground, once that's done I will have most of the basic fighting mechanics in place!
I would like to make a quick tech demo video once there is something to show, do you guys have any recommendations on simple free recording software?

@mooosh:
Hey, that's actually how I've ended up working on the project. I've seen Swarm's sprites in pixel thread for a long time and as soon as he posted that he is searching for somebody to put those sprites to good use, I knew I will be the guy  Wink And I've almost missed it, since I don't even look at the Unpaid Work section at all!

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »

Devlog Day 4
Finally, got all this guy's animation working. He can properly move and perform all his skills and attacks now! The dummy enemy (Goku Zombie, without AI yet) is almost finished, so tomorrow, I can start kicking his ass. I hope tomorrow's devlog will be more exciting and interesting than this Wink
that guy needs a new shampoo, conditioner, or both. urgently.
Moczan
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »

Devlog Day 7
No work done today, my right wrist failed me completely and there was suddenly one of those jobs that you can't turn down. I will have to catch up with it during the weekend!
Huero
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 01:43:31 PM »

Pixeltendo.

That's really all I had to say. Have a nice day.
Moczan
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 02:52:27 PM »

I don't understand  Sad
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 03:46:51 PM »

Devlog Day 4
Finally, got all this guy's animation working. He can properly move and perform all his skills and attacks now! The dummy enemy (Goku Zombie, without AI yet) is almost finished, so tomorrow, I can start kicking his ass. I hope tomorrow's devlog will be more exciting and interesting than this Wink
that guy needs a new shampoo, conditioner, or both. urgently.
no hair care products on this earth will get rid of fabulous anime dust
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »

why a zombie theme
Moczan
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 01:04:12 AM »

Technically it's not zombie but toxic waste infected people.
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 08:19:31 AM »

ALSO!! out of the four stages we had in mind, zombies seemed most fitting for the first level
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 08:37:25 AM »

are the other three not zombie themed, because that would be for the best
rdein
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 09:03:44 AM »

there is still time to recolor them as dragonball characters, you know
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 09:05:33 AM »

are the other three not zombie themed, because that would be for the best
yeah the other three are something like
INSIDE OF A VOLCANO

ON A SNOWY MOUNTAIN

TROPICAL ISLAND

so they're definitely all varied enough imo
the zombie theme was mostly just the easiest way to throw a bunch of slow, not-so-damaging enemies at the player en masse
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:14:10 AM by Swarms » Logged
Moczan
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 09:57:03 AM »

And the boss of Volcano is a lava jizzing rock penis IT'S IN DESIGN DOC.

I didn't really take part in designing the game, but zombie-like creatures fit well with first level, which is introduction to most of the mechanics. Enemies are designed to be hospital-themed, this is just a coincidence that their skin colour is leaning more toward green.
Moczan
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 05:12:20 PM »

Devlog Day 8 and 9

Geezus, recoring and video compression sucks balls and when you actually manage to get good filesize and quality, YouTube will just rape it  Angry

Anyway, that's the result of my work during the weekend/today. Those attacks that I do in the beginning have only animations done, not yet logic. I will try to finish them all this week.
Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »

Devlog Day 8 and 9

Geezus, recoring and video compression sucks balls and when you actually manage to get good filesize and quality, YouTube will just rape it  Angry

Anyway, that's the result of my work during the weekend/today. Those attacks that I do in the beginning have only animations done, not yet logic. I will try to finish them all this week.
man the run animation looks really weird in action...

i wanna be the guy
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 05:26:51 PM »

Yeah, nearly everything looks weird in action right now
when I get to cleaning animations up I'll definitely be messing with them a bunch so uh

the final versions will be different enough and actually look good in the game (hopefully)
Moczan
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 05:41:04 PM »

That's how it should look, so it's probably a bad video quality + me messing something up with in-game animation framerate.
rdein
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »

So Much Tweaking To Get Done, Super Wonder Brothers
Moczan
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 10:44:44 AM »

Devlog Day 10 and 11
Woah, double devlog all the way. My ISP sucks some serious balls, leaving me without internet connection for 10 hours  Lips Sealed But anyways, boring stuff, I'm finishing Captain's attacks. Should have everything wrapped up this week, it will actually be quite a milestone.
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »

hey yall, previously cap had two attacks that were Literally The Exact same thing
so
here's a wip of his new forward attack that i spent all of 5 minutes on
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic