Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411593 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 11:19:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUntitled Project, Potentially a Devlog
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Untitled Project, Potentially a Devlog  (Read 683 times)
Maple
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:18:39 PM »

I made a prototype in Game Maker late 2010, based around the concept that you had to navigate difficult levels by changing the direction of gravity.

(Note that playable builds in this post are test rooms designed for me to test the aspects of gameplay, and in no way reflect the layout of a level I would have intended on creating in the actual game. I am not that unforgiving, usually.)

>Download .exe<
Controls: Arrows - Move, Jump, Enter/Exit Rocket. Z/X - Rotate Anti/Clockwise. R - Restart. F4 - Full screen.

Then a few months later, a little into 2011, I decided that learning AS3 with Flashpunk was the way to go, so then I installed all the required tools and learnt AS3 + Flashpunk as I remade and built upon the original gravity shifting concept.

>Download .rar<
Controls: Arrows - Move, Jump, Crouch. A/Z/Space - ACTION (Use rocket, Throw banana, Flick switch, etc.). S/X/Up - Jump. D/C/Down - Crouch. R - Die / Respawn. With upgrades you can Wall Jump, Double Jump and Crouch Jump.

Now, over a year later, I am still wanting to make this game ('this game', being a game that uses the gravity mechanic). Ive decided to revert back to Game Maker for this project, to try to make the process all that easier, because finishing a game actually matters now, more than I thought it did before. But making a game is a difficult process, and as such, can be against motive at times. Starting this thread is more for my motive than anything. I need to stay on track. I am starting the project now. If you want to give me any small tips, ideas or advice, feel free to do so. I need anything and everything I can get to keep me on track.

Hand Any KeyShocked:handjoystick:

~Maple
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 07:02:52 PM »

This looks like alot of fun!
I'll be watching you  Cool
jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »

This looks really cool! Too bad I won't be able to play it cuz I have a Mac  Sad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic