Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411560 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 02:52:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904600 times)
bittwyst
Level 1

Twitter: @bittwyst

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8340 on: June 29, 2016, 08:04:33 AM »

Hey all! I play Planet of Cubes! The game is very popular and has 10 million downloads on Google Play! And its free on iTunes!

I can build anything and everything with cubes and make new friends worldwide! Its cool!

Guys if you want to play with me, you can download the game for FREE now on Apple Store here: [LINK REMOVED]
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=54834.0
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:49:29 AM by Silbereisen » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: June 29, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »

oops i already banned this spammer a while ago but forgot to actually delete their posts. done. also removed link from your quote.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: June 29, 2016, 12:36:52 PM »

woah the system shock 1 remake has a free alpha demo out. hype hype HYPE

edit: this is promising, i think im gonna back their kickstarter
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:11:27 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: June 29, 2016, 05:38:08 PM »

It's alright. I mean, there's niggles that need to be ironed out but I'm convinced that it will deliver.

People who love the colour blue are going to be pumped as hell for this game.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: June 30, 2016, 01:11:20 AM »

i... actually really like that theyre doing something akin to the original "garish" color scheme. better than the 238138458th grimdark grey scifi corridor game. i also hope they end up sticking close to the original level design (which so far it looks like they will). also the fact that they're releasing a short playable demo rather than concept art or some other bs is a good sign for the KS. i very rarely back kickstarters, but this one looks worth it to me.

i still maintain that if it wasn't for the dated control scheme, SS1 would be a better game than SS2. so basically i couldn't be happier.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: June 30, 2016, 01:36:55 AM »

The worst thing by far at this stage is those long animations for picking up mods and weapons. That's just a bad idea being trapped in a hostile environment and being forced to watch your character screw about with a piece of new kit like it's the first time he's ever seen it.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: June 30, 2016, 10:56:55 AM »

i can't get into hearts of iron 4. i also couldn't get into 3 so maybe it's not surprising. my main gripes are

1. it seems very railroaded compared to other paradox games. in those other games politics and diplomacy are very dynamic and you can see how your actions are limited by the political landscape around you and how your actions, in turn, help shape that landscape. the national focus tree in HoI4 feels like a static choose-your-own-adventure on top of a war game. for instance, i was playing as france and decided to turn communist and become a soviet satellite state. but i didn't do this using the game's politics or diplomacy mechanics, but via selecting a predetermined path that ends with "join comintern" on the focus tree. meh.

2. a lot of importance is placed on the actual combat mechanics which are confusing and which is not really what i play grand strategy games for.

i have to say crusader kings 2 is still my fave pdx game
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:53:24 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8347 on: June 30, 2016, 12:11:41 PM »

i think thats the problem with having a relatively narrow imeframe to play with

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: June 30, 2016, 04:20:37 PM »

i guess. but what im saying is, i don't want a WW2 reenactment strategy game, i want a sandbox political sim set during the same time period GODDAMMIT :V. i mean it IS possible to deviate from history (i guess disabling historical AI in setup is going to improve that a little, but i feel like the alternate paths are kinda more premediated, ya know?
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8349 on: July 03, 2016, 01:22:32 PM »

I'm playing 5/3 & 7/3 polyrhythms:

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: July 03, 2016, 04:36:26 PM »

how long have you been drumming?
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8351 on: July 04, 2016, 07:51:43 AM »

I've been messing around with rhythm for 7 years or so. That's my first non-electronic, non pad snare though just a few months old. Most of that 7 years has been focused on programming with no regular practice beyond tapping rhythms out casually.

If you want to try polyrhythms, 2/3 is the easiest and very fun to play! 0% and 50% for one hand, 0, 33%, 67% for the other hand.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: July 04, 2016, 03:29:25 PM »

oops, i've heard some worrying rumors regarding the warhammer quest card game. some people are claiming FFG/asmodee is going to lose a lot of their licenses for games workshop IPs due to GW getting back into board games again. that means WHQ:ACG and forbidden stars might be dead in the water.

also regarding WHQ:ACG there might be some problems because the new warhammer quest board game is part of the whole "age of sigmar" warhammer reboot thing while the card game is set in the old world.

i mean if push comes to shove, FFG could always retheme WHQ as descent: the card game i guess. it shares a lot of characteristics with descent 2nd edition anyway. would be a shame to see such a good game die due to stupid IP crap.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8353 on: July 04, 2016, 04:49:38 PM »

So... Environmental Station Alpha is pretty awesome. At first I thought it was just a reasonably competent Metroid clone, but as I get deeper and deeper into the game, things are becoming a lot weirder. There's a remarkable amount of depth for something so initially unassuming. Highly recommended.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8354 on: July 04, 2016, 08:14:02 PM »

I've been trying the games I bought in the Steam sale.  Just now was Door Kickers.  Played about 6 of the single missions.  I really like the game so far.  Really nice pick-up-and-play tactics game.  The mechanics set are simple, but starting at around mission 5 the missions start becoming really interesting and tough situations.  Feels a bit like a pausable-tactics Hotline Miami.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8355 on: July 05, 2016, 01:42:24 AM »

I am playing let's build a minecart subway track.

Underwater.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: July 05, 2016, 03:51:10 AM »

I have to say I really like what nightdive is doing with the system shock kickstarter. They're already incorporating player feedback and updating the demo.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8357 on: July 05, 2016, 06:54:19 PM »

So... Environmental Station Alpha is pretty awesome. At first I thought it was just a reasonably competent Metroid clone, but as I get deeper and deeper into the game, things are becoming a lot weirder. There's a remarkable amount of depth for something so initially unassuming. Highly recommended.
love hempuli's games. i wish ESA ran more consistently on my macbook air, but that's a common problem with MMF games unfortunately.

i picked up chibi robo zip lash on a whim because it was only $10 used. it's entertaining enough, but there's some really dumb design decisions. the level select system is astoundingly dumb. each world's levels are arranged in a circle on the map. after you beat a level, you spin a wheel that determines how many "levels" you move forward. if you mistime and overshoot an unplayed level, guess what: you have to play the old level again, just to get the chance to get to the new one again. you can mitigate it by purchasing slices of the wheel that you can replace with a number of your choosing to even the odds, but it's really fucking tedious to do every time. dumb dumb dumb. otherwise, the game is mostly just cute and fun platforming. for $10 it's a good enough mindless summer game.

i also finally got around to beating the main game of box boy, just in time for the sequel. i suppose i need to do the special worlds first, though.

rhythm heaven megamix's new games are for the most part just OK (hehe) but there's a couple in the late game that are some of the best in the series. blue bear in particular is probably my favorite rhythm game stage since the christmas one in elite beat agents. the new challenge mode is great. they're like little themed playlists of games, with clear conditions to mix things up a bit. the bad thing is that you have to pay 5 coins to access each one. the addition of coins is tbh the one thing keeping this from competing with fever as my favorite rhythm heaven game.

steam sale gets:
samurai gunn -for when i have friends over
flywrench -because i hate myself
super win the game -really charming zelda 2 homage. really digging this one.
ookiblocks -i really liked the ios version, idk

i think next up for me is finally finishing the true end of 999 so i can move on to VLR and eventually ZTD.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: July 06, 2016, 05:05:50 AM »

yeh i wanted chibi robo when it came out, then heard lots of bad things about it and decided against it.

I've been messing around with rhythm for 7 years or so. That's my first non-electronic, non pad snare though just a few months old. Most of that 7 years has been focused on programming with no regular practice beyond tapping rhythms out casually.

If you want to try polyrhythms, 2/3 is the easiest and very fun to play! 0% and 50% for one hand, 0, 33%, 67% for the other hand.

cool! well, i'm not a drummer, but i've been playing guitar and bass for 12 or so years. i can play drums/percussion if i need to, but i don't practice or play regularly.
Garrett@Indaba
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: July 08, 2016, 09:13:05 AM »

I am playing let's build a minecart subway track.

Underwater.

Haha I did that in Minecraft mobile to connect a couple different homes I'd setup across my world. It's pretty tough but gratifying once it's complete. I only wish Minecraft had a way to let you see a little bit further through water/glass, would make the great glass train ride that much cooler.

I've recently started playing Cities Skylines and banging my head against traffic jams. I never knew I could have so much fun being frustrated  Shrug
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic