Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 02:38:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingParty to Adventure (classic style adventure game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Party to Adventure (classic style adventure game)  (Read 685 times)
Wogoat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 21, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »

I'm in the final stages of developing a short comedic adventure game using Adventure Game Studio, with intent of using it as a sort of template for a full-length game.

I'm looking for some feedback for things as basic as "do you find the game interesting/amusing/etc" as well as spotting any typos and bugs I may have in the game.

It's not 100% complete, there's no proper menu implemented into the game yet, an animation or two is still missing as well as a few lines of dialogue.
However, the game is fully playable, and there aren't any game breaking bugs that I know of (that's largely what I'm wanting to weed out now)

Here is the standard pitch for the game:
In a land of heroes and dragons, a new adventure is just outside your doorstep.  But to participate in said adventure you must first be a certified member of the Adventurers' Guild.  Non-members are ineligible to collect any rewards, loot or other paraphernalia (heretofore referred to as "drops") related to aforementioned adventure.

Venalis is ready for a life of adventure, and luckily for him today is the monthly Adventurers' Guild Registration Day at his local tavern.  Join Venalis and his trusty sidekick Francis as they bravely fill out the necessary paperwork and valiantly complete the beginner's level field exam!

Download for the current build: http://floatinghandsstudios.com/games/AWAW/Build/PartytoAdventure.zip

Left clicking interacts with objects or selects an inventory item
Right click examines objects or deselects the active inventory item

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:41:59 AM by Wogoat » Logged
TestTrek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:48:07 AM »

very funny game. francis and his boss were hilarious! Great voice work too.

awesome job.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »

Not bad! Puzzles were nice and logical and well telegraphed. I liked the art and voice acting (although the guild member sounded like he had a much worse quality mic than the others). Some good slapstick animations.

I was expecting it to be harder to convince the player character to remove his cursed ring!

Wogoat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:02:40 PM »

The linked build has been updated to include a menu with save/load options.
the game is short enough that it's not really all that necessary, but it will be needed for the full project following this.

Glad you liked the game TestTrek and Noyb, the voice actors really did a fantastic job with this one.  Both lines of dialogue involving the ring are entirely optional, I wasn't sure if many people would even discover that.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic