Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 06:07:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPublic release of a 2010 game made as a Christmas gift.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Public release of a 2010 game made as a Christmas gift.  (Read 517 times)
JustinGameDesign
Level 1

Sprite artist and indie game dev.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2013, 12:55:06 PM »

This isn't so much a request for feedback as the belated public release of a short game I completed in 2010. I can't alter this game any longer, because the computer holding the source files was stolen in a break-in, but it's fully playable as it is on modern PCs running Windows.

Download:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/105841769/Christmas.zip
(I'm using my Dropbox public folder for this and when I tested it, I had to try twice for it to work. If there are persistent issues, I can try another host.)

Controls:
Left/Right Arrow Keys = Walk
Up / Down Arrow Keys = Climb stairs
Space = Jump--always the same height
Enter = Close text boxes
Escape = Quit
1, 2, 3, 0 = Re-size Screen x1, x2, x3 (default), and full-screen (stretch)

Screenshot:

The player sprite is an edit of a sprite from Simon's Quest. The soundtrack is all classical music and the midi files may lag the program when they load. The ending screen is one line of text and music playing. It's admittedly abrupt and you can press Esc to exit from there. The story is minimalistic and the gameplay should be self-explanatory after some experimentation. Approximate play time: five minutes.

I made this game as a Christmas present for my boyfriend in 2010. It took about a month to complete and was just barely finished by Christmas Eve. I'm releasing it publicly now not because it's a great game, but because I felt ethically obliged to do my part to spread awareness that there are guys like us whose civil rights are currently  being decided in the US Supreme Court, and it's largely believed that it was the increase in the visibility of same-sex couples that's brought the cause of equality as far as it's come.

This game is dedicated to Jim with the hope of many more happy years to come.

eeedni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »

You made a game as a gift? That's really cool.

Makes me wish my partner played games. lol.
eviltaco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:38:28 PM »

i bet it will be cool Mock Anger
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic