Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 02:07:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWhat was the first game you made and finished?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: What was the first game you made and finished?  (Read 14581 times)
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2010, 07:40:09 AM »

Australopithecus!

My games on  GameJolt.com

miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 09:56:56 PM »

The only game I've finished was one I did in Game Maker when I was maybe 14, called Dino Maze. It was truly awful and probably worse than the tutorial game. I entered it into the first official Game Maker contest (hosted by Mark Overmars himself) where it unsurprisingly failed to place.

AND HERE I AM!

desdinova
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2010, 12:21:28 AM »

My first game was probably a frogger clone.  Either that or a breakout like game, I can't remember which came first but they were both in python(Actually come to think of it, maybe a java tetris clone came first).  The first non clone game I made was a truly terrible platformer in flash.  Unfortunately I have no pictures as it was all lost in a dying HDD.
Stoney
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2010, 01:27:53 AM »

My first game was probably some kind of racing/puzzle game I made back in computer science class at school when I was 12 or 13. The player had to navigate a space ship through an asteroid field within the given time limit. That sounds way better than it actually was, the space ship was just a rectangle and the asteroids were circles. The game itself had like four different colors if I remember correctly: Black  background, blue for the space ship, gray asteroids and a yellow box to mark the end.

Squiggly_P
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2010, 04:05:35 PM »

trs80 BASIC text adventure / maze. The maze was a castle with a basement and you had to find a key to get out. The key was randomly placed in one of the rooms and rooms would randomly spawn enemies when you entered them. I tried making  a graphical version of this using the ascii characters, but it proved to be quite difficult at the time...
dsilvers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »

The first game I actually finished was The Longest Night, which is now playable in Flash form on the Lantana Games website. If you like the idea of running a homeless shelter in the middle of a blizzard, you'll like TLN.

Playable here: http://www.lantanagames.com/flash_tln.html

ElijahKatz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 09:07:49 PM »

Oh god I've been making little games with pen and paper (tabletop RPG's and such) since I was like 7 but the first VIDEOgame I ever made was I think in 4th grade when I made a text adventure/RPG called Phoenix. Only about 15 minutes of gameplay but I was able to make some nice  Hand Money Left Hand Money Right selling it on floppy discs at school Grin
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2010, 12:38:51 PM »

and yes... that is a telletubby on a hoverboard.  Why a hoverhoard?  Because I didn't want to animate him.  He just floats around the level.  The game also included bigbird and a fire-spewing barney.  I am ashamed.

Snakeyukin
Level 0

Yada yada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »

The first game I ever finished making was one called The Mystery of the Man Who Became a Pig.  The only real reason I completed it was because it was part of a small competition.

It had bad mapping, but at least it was playable and enjoyable to those who looked over it.

zez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 01:57:24 AM »

Im not 100% on what the first thing I ever finished was, I know I started using klick n play sometime around 2nd grade....
Im vagueeely ashamed of these, but if you go here
http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/dragonsden/
it looks like my old website still exists, hasnt been updated sense maybe freshman year of highschool (sooo 1999-2000 ish), and features links to mediocre industrial bands that no longer exist, fallen angels old website (along with a blurb about how they are sellouts... O.o? Was I really that douche bag?) and the horror carnival, because apparently I wanted a dvd.... (remember bloodlustsoftware? Yeah...)

If you check the archives, the dragon storm games are from elementary school, and are possibly more amazing because they are klick n play rpg's, featuring turn based combat and nearly every other word misspelled. Also kind of laughable plots. or lack of plots....

I cant find it, but the first doomsday game was kind of awesome. I made that about forever ago. It was some sort of hybrid between gauntlet and a bullet hell, and featured TWO DIRECTIONS OF FIRING! It was kind neat tho, because they where different buttons, so you could totally choose where you where shooting... I dunno.

... Im now stoaked to find the pugil club website from highschool... We tried to make a club for hitting people with bamboo and pvc in pipe insulation. It was pretty awesome, although kind of redic, seeing as we got the cops called on us a few times (I have actually had a gun put to my head, and been cuffed for wielding something specifically designed to NOT be a deadly weapon,) never got sanctioned by the school, and occasionally they would break in half during fights, and before we switched to bamboo that usually lead to someone getting stabbed with a pipe. This had nothing to do with making video games. Sorry.
Jacob_
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »

A Falling Sand Game clone. Although my code was horrible (1 file of C with no classes, eww) it taught me a lot about using loops and arrays (and the importance of writing readable code  Cheesy).
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »

Actually now that I think of it I've never really considered a game I've made as completed lol.

hi
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2010, 04:53:23 PM »

First game I finished was a shitty Game Maker game about a little flying Kirby avoiding ceiling fans that I made when I was 10 or so.
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2010, 11:30:03 PM »

A 30 minute rpg for my boyfriend's birthday that was basically a big inside joke.

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2010, 03:41:31 PM »

Actually now that I think of it I've never really considered a game I've made as completed lol.

This, and I've been working on games for a long time. At least 10 years, almost 20 if you count random qbasic text adventures I made in grade school and almost 4 years professionally...

Boxen 3, Conformity and One Night Stand are all basically finished (in the sense that you could play them and feel somewhat satisfied), but they all have serious polish issues. That's three out of a list of like 10 game jam games, 20-30 random prototypes, mini games, 100s of game ideas, 2 AAA titles, 1 large indie game, 5 smaller indie games and a large student project Cry.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:25:11 PM by Impossible » Logged
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »

I made a simple side scrolling game where you could move a hawk up and down to dodge arrows and eat smaller birds. I used Turbo Basic's draw primitives (LINE, RECT, CIRCLE) and GOTO calls. It no longer runs because I relied the 8086's slow proccessor as the only delay in the timing between game updates. I feel old now.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
deathtotheweird
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2010, 01:11:14 PM »

A 30 minute rpg for my boyfriend's birthday that was basically a big inside joke.

thats cute. it reminds me of a unity game someone made to propose to their girlfriend.

(you can play it here: http://bit.ly/cCrJON)
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2010, 06:32:54 PM »

Hmmm

I think I would consider Sanor finished. It was more an expirement in  Epileptic than a game.

checkit.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2010, 03:16:52 AM »

Back when I was about ten years old, I made a very generic, horrible choose-target's-death game. Seven deaths. All with horrible animation. Made in Flash, it was. Thankfully lost it after a hard drive crash. Good riddance to it, I say!
kavs
Level 2

Brad Kavanagh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2010, 10:42:43 AM »

My first game was in grade6. I had just learnt HTML and was in love with Earthbound, so for a book report on 'The Outsiders' , I made a webpage choose-your-own-adventure with an Earthbound theme instead.

I used MSPaint to make scenes from the book using raw sprites from starmen.net and screenshots from an emulator, then had maybe 20 different pages to take you through the book, making choices along the way. Death included falling from a roof and being lit on fire, I think. Can't remember now.

I made a few RPGMaker2k games for other book reports, and one on the Industrial Revolution actually which still is the only educational game I ever made. You go to the Art Gallery to see the art pieces with little descriptions, and talked to important people from the revolution in the garden and stuff.

The first GAME I ever made was for a small compo amongst the QA here at work. It's a simple mining/exploring game, and I'm remaking it's spiritual successor in XNA now.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:49:20 AM by kavs » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic