Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 03:00:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeThe Pretty Cool Adventure
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: The Pretty Cool Adventure  (Read 4707 times)
LazyWaffle
« on: October 10, 2010, 02:53:42 PM »

http://prettycooladventure.wikidot.com/

I had the idea to create a text-based game that everyone could add to, and ended up with this. There's not much to it right now, but if you want, feel free to contribute to it!

It's basically just an aimless adventure in which you are presented with two options. If an option does not direct you to the next part of the game, then it means that it was left blank. You can write the result of the option, or just leave it for someone else. There's no real goal, it's just for fun.

This might go in another forum, but this seemed the most fitting.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:48:27 PM by LazyWaffle » Logged
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 03:09:25 PM »

This is a pretty cool idea. These sorts of adventures games are pretty common on the internet (Like the Addventure), but they've never limited the player to only two options per page, so that's a new idea.

Any other ideas how you'll differentiate this from other internet choose an adventure games?
LazyWaffle
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »

This is a pretty cool idea. These sorts of adventures games are pretty common on the internet (Like the Addventure), but they've never limited the player to only two options per page, so that's a new idea.

Any other ideas how you'll differentiate this from other internet choose an adventure games?
That's something I'm not too sure about. I just made this on a whim, and to see how it could grow. I'm really open to suggestions, though.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 04:52:25 PM »

TBH, I like the idea of limiting the number of choices. It could potentially be more focused, as well as more interesting.

LazyWaffle
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 06:45:26 PM »

Yeah, I was aiming for this to be more like a traditional text-adventure game. Anyway, once I learn more CSS I think I'll make a better skin for the site.

Another thing: The name kind of sucks. I was in a rush to make the idea once I had it, so I couldn't really think of anything. If you have any other ideas, feel free to tell me.

If you have any suggestions for the site at all, please tell me, I want to improve it in any way I can.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 07:07:07 PM »

I think the name is perfectly fine, except "The" should be "A"
LazyWaffle
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 07:12:45 PM »

Alright, changed the skin. Is it better or worse?

EDIT: Made some more minor changes. Anything wrong with it?
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »

These kinds of gamesites would be so much cooler with variables (cookies? php? javascript?).
Like.. "Do they have the squireel? Then show this option".

destiny is truth pre-op
LazyWaffle
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 03:56:20 PM »

These kinds of gamesites would be so much cooler with variables (cookies? php? javascript?).
Like.. "Do they have the squireel? Then show this option".
That's kind of over-complicating the concept, not to mention it would make writing pages harder. It's not a bad idea, just a little too complex for what I'm going for.

Anyway, looks like the pace slowed down a bit. Not sure what to do to get more people involved. Maybe this would garner more contributers in another forum?
ink.inc
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 11:10:48 PM »

Anyway, looks like the pace slowed down a bit. Not sure what to do to get more people involved. Maybe this would garner more contributers in another forum?

Hey man, it's only been up for two days. Chillax.

Still, notifying folks in another forum would be pretty swede.
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 04:08:07 AM »

Wait for it to expand more first! In its current state, if a whole lot of people were interested and actively working on it, couldn't you wind up with simultaneous editing issues and stuff like that?
LazyWaffle
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 02:14:11 PM »

Yeah, I guess I overreacted a little, but I'm afraid I'll lose interest if people stop contributing.

John: Any ideas for a forum that this could be moved to? I'm thinking it might do better in Creative or something.

Sergio: Thing is, it pretty much stopped expanding. Only one new page yesterday. It would expand more if there were more contributers, no?
ink.inc
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 02:26:31 PM »

Putting it in the creative section would be fine; if you were part of any other forum, you could showcase it there as well.
OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »

Cool idea.

One thing though, because you can't edit existing pages you can't add extra options to what might happen (or is it limited at 2?).
LazyWaffle
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 04:16:15 PM »

Cool idea.

One thing though, because you can't edit existing pages you can't add extra options to what might happen (or is it limited at 2?).
Limited to 2. I'm trying to make it so only page creators can edit their pages, so I'll get that sorted out soon.
AndrewFM
Level 2

whoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 06:31:02 PM »

This is pretty neat, and a good way to sit down and let my imagination roll. Since it's still pretty new, I was able to find a non-existent page pretty quickly, so I've been off expanding the adventure. I know some friends who would probably like this too, so I'll help spread the word. Beer!
LazyWaffle
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »

This is pretty neat, and a good way to sit down and let my imagination roll. Since it's still pretty new, I was able to find a non-existent page pretty quickly, so I've been off expanding the adventure. I know some friends who would probably like this too, so I'll help spread the word. Beer!
Thanks, much appreciated Smiley

Recently found a better way to handle the different pages, they're now grouped into a category and they're autonumbered, so there shouldn't be many problems from now on. As usual, I'm open to suggestions if anyone has them.
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »

This is wonderful.  Crowdsourced game development is awesome.  Well, hello there!

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
LazyWaffle
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 11:32:30 AM »

This is wonderful.  Crowdsourced game development is awesome.  Well, hello there!
Thanks. I was actually inspired a lot by Infinite Blank.

Anyway, thinking about doing a major revamp, changing the skin and everything. I'm still interested in this project, but I'm not sure if others will be.
dantheman363
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 01:36:39 PM »

Hehe, there is nothing like the feeling you get when people work with you.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic