Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:48:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativePokemon Spirit Chronicles Fangame
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Pokemon Spirit Chronicles Fangame  (Read 46794 times)
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 04:31:03 PM »

JD

JDude

I see what you did there..

Montoli
Level 7

i herd u liek...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 05:20:15 PM »

Aha!  His code has been broken!

the game's afoot!

www.PaperDino.com

I just finished a game!: Save the Date
You should go play it right now.
SixOfSpades
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 03:53:05 PM »

'Sup? I'm Six Of Spades, writer and assistant co-ordinator for the project.

Currently it's my job to write interesting/entertaining/sexy bios for all the characters, locations, and in-world lore. I'm not the scriptwriter though, that's another team member's job.

Although we're forming a neat little crew of Poké-Pioneers, we're missing a few fairly vital people, primarily spriters and coders. But until we find our special someone (or magically grow spriting abilities overnight), we're making new content all the time.

Excuse us if we don't spill it all straight away, though. We initially intended to, but then we realised that's what Super Smash Bros. Brawl did, to... mixed reception. That said, if you have any quesries about the wonderful land where the female thieves hit hard, and fire-breathing dogs hit harder; feel free to ask me a question or 3, and I'll fill you in as best as I can. Thanks for taking interest!
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »

invasion of the manbabies  Shocked

Everybody here knows that i just have something against fangames, but this time i'll shut up as i really like the art posted so far (i mean the one made by Guzusuru ) and your source of ispiration is amazing too.

Looks like a Squaresoft take on the Pokèmon universe WTF

good luck with it, sadly is really hard to keep going a project like this one, expecially when a lot of people are involved
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:15:59 AM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
SixOfSpades
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 12:53:24 PM »

Haha, we all have to start somewhere.

I dunno, team management isn't so hard as actually finding people - in which regard we've recently been approaced by another musician, a designer, and (wonder upon wonders) a coder. If luck should have it, we'll be able to show you guys somethng new in short order.
Montoli
Level 7

i herd u liek...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 09:26:39 PM »

Heh.  Finding people is only half of it.  The other half is keeping them.

Not that I'm suggesting that there is anything about your project that would drive people off or anything.  Just that projects in general, especially longer projects, are hard.  Keeping that many lives in sync is hard.  More people and project length dramatically increase the chance that a key member will become unavailable because [they're super busy for the next month/they're just not feeling it any more/they're visiting family/they found a girlfriend/boyfriend and have less time for their hobby/they are moving away to go to college/they got a new job/they're losing interest/etc].

If you can manage to make it though though, more power to you!  Best of luck!

-Montoli

www.PaperDino.com

I just finished a game!: Save the Date
You should go play it right now.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 12:39:20 AM »

exactly, working with a team of two people is the best way to work in team, the one that's even better is working alone

godsavant
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 07:39:37 AM »

...the one that's even better is working alone

I don't agree. On the contrary, "being a hero" has proved the easiest way to lose interest in the game, because there are no real consequences for abandoning the project, and no particular investment in any one idea out of the dozens you have on the back-burner. Even more, it's much more daunting when you have to do everything by yourself, and with no real feedback from colleagues, it's hard to keep an objective view of your work. I wish some gamedevs would stop being so introverted and team up with someone in real life.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 11:56:27 AM »

true but working online is HARD, i'm doing it with a person i used to work with for years but now that we're working online it's freaking hard to meet even the most stupid deadline for him

BlueSlime
Level 0

A Slime draws near!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »

Wow, this looks interesting. I wish you the best.
SixOfSpades
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2009, 04:52:08 AM »

Updating with the work of one of our new volunteers! His name's Lybra, and he's doing some badass weapon and armour designs. If any of you should be so skilled to take on and capture a Gyarados, this is what you'll be treated to:

Intimidating, huh?
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 05:45:36 AM »

I love the spear! I'm not sure how I feel about the bottom half of the armor, though- that middle bit (not codpiece, but what's the word...) looks out of place. Maybe you could put the 'tail' there, and then maybe focus on the whiskers?
SixOfSpades
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 05:07:19 PM »

Or Artist Guzu has drawn a little something for all you boys and girls~

MaloEspada
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 05:28:31 PM »

Blue is and always will be the coolest girl in Pokémon Special manga. Good comic.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 03:14:30 AM »

When I saw the thread title I was like "This will be one of those trainwrecks where everyone makes fun of the OP  Facepalm".

Then I read it, and Im glad it isn't that way.

At first I thought "not making up new pokemon-ish creatures for this is stupid", but when I saw that picture with the Gyarados armor & weapon, I realized that this is probably cooler than doing the same thing with new creatures. It's more effective 'cause its familiar, and "holy shit Im wearing a gyarados" is more powerful than "Im wearing some dragon-ish creature as an armor."

Good luck with this!  Beer!
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 01:42:24 AM »

When I saw the thread title I was like "This will be one of those trainwrecks where everyone makes fun of the OP  Facepalm".

Then I read it, and Im glad it isn't that way.

Yeah totally.  You read "Pokemon" and "Fangame" in the same sentence, and you figure it's gotta be bad news, but I like most of what I see in this thread!
SixOfSpades
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 09:37:56 AM »

What can I say? We're more than your average fangamers.

We didn't want to include new Pokémon because let's face it - we aren't Sugimori. And being decked out with a Pokémon you don't recognise isn't anywhere near as awesome as beating the stuffing out of Guild Rokka with your Charizard Staff, Nidoking Armour and Dragonair Helm.

In fact you're picturing yourself in that getup right now. Yes, it's ok to drool a little.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 09:42:45 AM »

Well that does make the project a little more feasible to finish, I imagine creating 493 different weapons/amour pieces.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 09:57:47 AM »

which one of you is groove holy shit
i can't recognize any of you with the different names

also
looking good  Hand Thumbs Up Right
SixOfSpades
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 03:36:55 PM »

That'd be me, 1Up. 'Sup?

Also for now we're only working with just Kanto and the first 151. Although Pokémon (and Pokéquipment) from later Gens will feature, they won't be accessible to the player for the time being.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic